[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Masks for cooks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 8577_Front_D.jpg (6 KB, 310x275) Image search: [Google]
8577_Front_D.jpg
6 KB, 310x275
Ok fellow cooks,Im looking for advice on masks for my staff. We cook with olive oil,wine and some spices that tend to smoke and fume when we cook with them. Looking to ease some discomfort for my staff for these issues. Just started looking into this and found 3m p95 8577 carbon masks. They seem like they would help but havent got to try them. Any fellow cooks use masks? Any recomendations?
Thank you.
>>
>>7567073
We have that. But some times it can get a little smokey,esp during peak service times.
>>
File: bane-mask-template.png (62 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bane-mask-template.png
62 KB, 300x300
>>7567064
>>7567085

>The menu I just filed with the cabin crew lists sashimi, falafel here, and stroganoff stew
>>
>>7567085
>it can get a little smokey,esp during peak service times.

Then no, you don't have proper ventilation.
>>
>>7567064

>my staff

I don't believe anyone can become a chef while still asking such dumb questions.
>>
Fume hood.
>>
>>7567073
>>7567270
>>7567276
This.

Describe your ventilation setup, we need more info.

Better yet, use an induction burner, in most cases they usually require less ventilation.
>>7567085
No you don't, especially if you're looking into masks.
>>
>>7567085
If it gets smoky, you have inadequate ventilation.
>>
>>7567064
ok i believe you op, that you have adequate ventilation. but my tip for you is not to buy some masks, it is to fucking clean your dirty ventilation system. you have to change the filters sometimes, you know
>>
>>7567064

You can call 3m directly and ask them what type of mask to use.. they make about 40 different types like that with the flapper and each one has additives that will help with specific pollutants.

their helpline is super helpful.
>>
>>7569306

oh also.. i own some like that and find them to be some of the most comfortable masks like that around.
>>
>>7567064
Proper ventilation is an OSH requirement. People have been known to faint while wearing masks.
>>
>>7567064
If you're ventilation is so bad that you're thinking of issuing masks, then you're doing something horribly wrong, and I hope either you fix it or OSHA shuts you down before you end up giving someone lung cancer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.