[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this omelette, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: omelette.jpg (314 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
omelette.jpg
314 KB, 1500x1125
What do you think of this omelette, /ck/?
>>
>>7564161
Kind of looks like my morning shit, but yellow.
>>
>>7564161
Needs more butter
>>
arugula?

you've lost the plot kid
>>
no bacon?
In the trash it goes
>>
>>7564161
I think it looks pretty perfect and should be IN MY MOUTH, motherfucker.
>>
>>7564161
Looks like it was made in a plastic bag.
>>
>>7564161
How'd you make it so goddamn smooth
>>
>>7564215
>>7564220
It's called a non-stick pan or an omelet pan, fools. Get with the program.
>>
>>7564161
GRITZER GET OUT

you're not the only one who checks SE daily
>>
>>7564251
>non-stick pan
wow, teflon? never heard of suck technology.
>>
>>7564161
>What do you think of this omelette, /ck/?
withholding opinion until you show me the center
>>
File: omelette2.jpg (243 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
omelette2.jpg
243 KB, 1500x1125
>>7564432
>>
>>7564161
> What do you think of this tamale, /ck/?
FTFY
>>
>>7564470
9/10 excellent work.
>>
>>7564470

>wet eggs

absolutely haram OP
>>
>>7564470
the melted cheese in the middle looks delicious. 10/10
>>
>>7564470
Looks pretty great
>>
>>7564608
I don't know if that's cheese.
>>
>>7564175
what do you even do with the arugula?

I mean do you eat them both in the same bite like you would with salsa?
Or is it just a breakfast salad?
>>
>>7564470
Fuuuuuuuuuuck YES. That's pretty much what my perfect omelet would be right there. Now get over here and make me one, OP. I SAID NOW.
>>
>>7564470
Pepin is smiling somewhere and he has no idea why
>>
>>7564161
Looks like someone just watched the pepin omelette video. The ends could be tighter and if I wanted to be a fatass I'd rest the omelette over the arugula and pour hollandaise over it. Looks pretty good though, would eat.
>>
>>7564161
Tamale
>>
>>7564470
fucking disgusting raw shit
kys
>>
>>7564800
>omelet
Retard.
>>
>>7564623

jesus christ use your imagination
>>
>>7564883
It can be spelled like that.
>>
>>7564895
just be yourself lmao
>>
>>7564161
The real question is why more people don't worship Serious Eats.
I think it's funny all these AMERICAns are being triggered by a wonderful french omelette. (Yes, believe it or not, there are omelettes that do not consist of processed cheese, low-quality meats, and overcooked, browned eggs)
The article this photo was originally posted on talks about this debate.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/04/how-to-make-french-omelette.html

I hope OP isn't trying to pass this off as his own work.
>>
>>7564883
NO YOU.
Seriously though, how stupid do you have to be that you don't know there's two spellings of omelet? Omelet and Omelette. Guess which one is for fags like you? (Just kidding, they're both for fags). (Just kidding again, they're both fine, but you're still a faggot).
>>
>>7564919
>The real question is why more people don't worship Serious Eats.

I don't worship it because it's nothing new. It duplicates content that I've already seen before. Yeah, they have a great video for how to make an omelet. So did countless other chefs decades ago.
>>
>>7564919
Oh look, it's another ignorant Europoor who likes to pretend they have it better than we do.
I fail to see how appreciating well made food (no matter how) is bad.
>>
>>7564937
*no matter how simple*
>>
>>7564919

>I hope OP isn't trying to pass this off as his own work.

he's just trying to see what reactions it gets from the plebs on here, obviously. 4chan is anonymous dude, credit doesn't really mean anything
>>
>>7564937
Actually I'm American, I just knew that would ruffle feathers.
>>7564934
I like Serious Eats, especially the articles by the main guy, because no other source for recipes is a thorough or as scientific in obtaining the best results.
>>
>>7564220
Almost as soon as the egg hits the pan you begin vigorously stirring the egg mixture so no large curds are able to form.

You then create the shape with the edge of the pan and finalize the shape with your hands and a paper towel (optional).

You will get a nice creamy texture in the middle since that egg mixture hasn't fully cooked. A lot of people are turned off by this because muh food poisoning as if they bought the eggs from a Somalian street vendor.
>>
>>7564955

>because no other source for recipes is a thorough or as scientific in obtaining the best results.

he says having pored over every source for recipes in existence
>>
>>7564960
All I'm saying is that many of the recipes on the internet, and in your average cookbook are not the greatest.
>>
>>7564470
This looks like a perfect omelette.. how a chef would do so.

Americans would disagree with this but what do they know about cooking?
>>
File: kronkbait.jpg (44 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
kronkbait.jpg
44 KB, 500x294
>>7564991
>>
>>7564955
>because no other source for recipes is a thorough or as scientific in obtaining the best results

I disagree.
Refer to Modernist Cuisine and On Food and Cooking by McGee.
>>
>>7564991
There are many types of omelette. You could argue that might be the perfect French omelette.
>>
>>7564500
>>7564877

These anons are not aware that cheese exists
>>
>>7565001

it's not cheese
>>
>>7564623
Is breakfast salad a thing?
>>
>>7564302
what is SE?
>>
>>7564820
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>7564470
Looks perfect
>>
>>7565007
It isnt? So it's an undercooked portion of the egg in the center?

Sort of like over easy?
>>
>>7567681
I think you meant to say "perfectly cooked"
>>
>>7564997
why is this bait, this is an authentic omelette. Americans don't eat eggs that aren't "cooked" because they are scared of salmonella
>>
>>7564161
How did you make this omelette of gods?
>>
>>7564470
Perfection op.
>>
>>7567914
Not op but...
>get fresh good quality eggs and a new egg pan if you don't have one.
>Beat the eggs until completely homogeneous and then strain through a chinois.
>add Fine herbs
>cook on low heat with oil or clarified butter, agitating slightly, constantly.
>once you can tell the eggs are starting to set turn off heal and let rest for about 1-2 mins.
>roll onto the plate ( takes practice, also add whatever filling you wanted after it rests)
I worked at a french cafe for a bit, shit was so dope.
>>
>>7567681

Yes it's egg that is less cooked than the outside and can still flow - but it's really in between raw and fully cooked. These omelettes are made by scrambling the egg very quickly and then letting them set up very briefly before rolling up. They're super tender and gooey
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.