[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these shows supposed to be sexual? I don't get it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-04-12-10-57-55.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-12-10-57-55.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Are these shows supposed to be sexual?

I don't get it
>>
They started so Koreans who live alone could watch them while they eat, so it wouldn't feel like eating alone. Some are for asmr though, people like trisha try to make them sexual.
>>
>>7564056
Are there that many Koreans who live alone? Why do they eat so much on the broadcasts?
>>
>>7564062
There are a lot of Koreans who live alone. I don't know why they eat so much, but it can be entertaining to watch someone tiny like shoogi eat so much.

I don't know why I watch them, but they are enjoyable
>>
>>7564062

i think they fell for the fat american meme

>i made it
>land of opportunity
>time to see if i can eat a whole pizza and 2 liter of coke in under a minute
>>
>>7564062

Eating is an extremely social event in Korea. Many restaurants will outright refuse to serve you if you're eating alone.

Mukbangs (people who live stream eating) are like a radio show or podcast to eat to. Many of them even cook live while chatting to the audience, and a lot of them have their audience order the food for them.

It's weird af, but I can understand why they came about.
>>
>>7564050
>Are these shows supposed to be sexual?

They're the ASMR for people with eating disorders.
Most average people find these videos repulsive, pointless, and wasteful.
However the person with disordered eating will find these videos interesting because they get to think about food and watch someone else eat it. Kind of why so many anas and bulimics browse /ck/. Furthermore, these people are eating a disgustingly huge amount of food and seemingly don't get any fatter for it. It's an ED's dream come true! Even though everyone knows they're either puking it up or spitting it out between frames or after their binge. The ana will say they do crazy shit like fast the rest of the time so that way the "calories won't have any effect" or some such bullshit that sane people know is a lie.

Welcome to wasteland "culture."
>>
I watched one where a guy eats pig's feet and it was pretty interesting. I didn't think I'd ever give a shit about these videos but sometimes they have food I've never seen or tried eating, and it looks really good.
The guy was pretty qt too.

>>7564113
Are you from tumblr?
>>
>>7564148
>Are you from tumblr?
Huh? Tumblr would say I'm shaming or being ableist for pointing out these eating disorder videos.
>not everything that upsets you comes from tumblr
>>
>>7564223
>not everything that upsets you
I'm not the one that sounds upset, anon.
>>
>>7564290
Usually people who accuse others being from tumblr because they said the truth are typically kinda mad about what was said.
>>
File: whatever.png (154 KB, 253x395) Image search: [Google]
whatever.png
154 KB, 253x395
>>7564113
>read up on ASMR
>mfw I can induce this at will by rolling my shoulders and tensing my back muscles specific way

Been able to do that since I can remember, never thought much about it though.
>>
>>7564293
No, I'm just curious if they're from tumblr because it's the only website where people would be upset enough about watching videos of skinny people eating large meals that they'd refer to it as entertainment for people with aneorexia.
>>
>>7564113
>tfw this is completely accurate

they eat for me
>>
>>7564050
Only HungryLips makes it sexual
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.