[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I don´t see a mcdonald's around here What do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: mc.jpg (7 KB, 279x180) Image search: [Google]
mc.jpg
7 KB, 279x180
Hey guys I don´t see a mcdonald's around here

What do you think of the new burgers?
>>
>>7562735
They're so Hot and Juicy™ that I'm seriously thinking of getting a few after work!
>>
>>7562735

If I take dog shit, sprinkle gold on it, and put it on a fancy plate, it's still dog shit.

If you take a McDonald's burger, but this time put it in a nice basket, and you're polite to the customer and bring it to them, it's still shitty McDonald's but now you have a nice excuse to charge more.

It's shit. It's always been shit, and always will be, and there is nothing that will ever change besides the fact that it may get even shittier and more expensive. Fuck you.
>>
I think they a really going for the middle class market. Is is a good move?
>>
>>7562735
they don't have any new burgers, fuck off.
>>
File: FUNNY MAYMAY.jpg (5 KB, 250x168) Image search: [Google]
FUNNY MAYMAY.jpg
5 KB, 250x168
>>
>>7562735

I remember they had those at McD's like 8 years ago. Are they back?
>>
>>7562765
no
>>
>>7562755
>>
I think the new burgers are great!
>>
File: tasty.jpg (9 KB, 326x155) Image search: [Google]
tasty.jpg
9 KB, 326x155
What about the new Big Tasty? the sauce is a bit peppery, but its new and I like it
>>
>>7562756
>middle class market
Everyone likes mcdonalds rich and poor
>>
>>7562781

I really enjoy the new burgers
>>
>>7562735
>>7562778
what is this, fast food for ants?
>>
>>7562809

I like the blue cheese burger
>>
The fuck is going on here?
>>
The same "new burgers" I've seen my entire life. I remember my first "gourmet"

Same shit, different name. Just add an extra lettuce leaf.
>>
File: doyersfans.webm (3 MB, 844x450) Image search: [Google]
doyersfans.webm
3 MB, 844x450
the muh diks near me is advertising create your own burgers are those any good
>>
File: munchie meal.jpg (252 KB, 474x600) Image search: [Google]
munchie meal.jpg
252 KB, 474x600
McDonalds needs to learn from Jack in the Box and realize that the only people who buy food from them are drunk or poor and embrace that.
>>
>>7563219
>mfw ameriblobs consider 1200 calories a light snack
>>
ironic shillposting is still shillposting
>>
>>7563225
where does it say light snack
>>
>>7563236
advertising it as a 4th meal your munchie meal
>>
>>7563219
the chicken tater melt munchie meal has 2200+ calories.
it tastes so fucking good, but god damn that guilt sets in quick and the next day you'll be out doing strenuous activity trying to apologize to your body.
>>
>>7563247
bro just drop the fries and the bun and the shit tacos and its only 1300 calories
>>
>>7563251
but that croissant and curly fries.
i also get medium dr pepper, cause if im gonna be a fat shit might as well go all out.
>>
>>7563259
I go for water myself I figure if I had already been drinking a few extra cups of water will easy my monster shit the next morning
>>
>>7563247
>>7563263

You guys33 (Americans in general) truly have no appreciation for decent cuisine. Jesus Christ. How the fuck could someone want to eat something as disgusting as this? That croissant is shit.

Have you actually eaten an authentic freshly baked croissant? There is no way something like this could even compare.
>>
>>7563273
its not trying to be an authentic yuro trash bakery it is giving something light and greasy and meaty for drunks at 1 am
>>
>>7563273
yolo swag nigga.
fuck i care about an authentic croissant when all i want is the nastiest, tastiest thing in my mouth at 2am.
>>
>>7563278
this

It's not trying to win any awards, it's trying to fill the stomach for cheap. We can appreciate decent cuisine while still eating shit. You don't dress in a ballgown every day of the week, right? We don't have to eat Michelin foods every day of the week.
>>
>>7563287
>>7563278

Why not order a fucking pizza or better yet buy some good stuff earlier before you get drunk so you actually have something decent to eat besides something that will give you AIDS.
>>
>>7563300
https://youtu.be/ndfdQpw8zeQ?list=LLlLaI3j3PDSqO4rKcODxzuQ&t=40
>>
i just came back from mickey ds and i won 2 mcgriddles from the monopoly shit. i dont really want to go back to redeem them since i think theres only 1 person working right now.
>>
>>7563300
because it tastes better than a pizza. this thing was designed in a lab to trigger euphoria, and im not about cook when im shit faced.
>>
Carls is fucking trash right next to BK. Jack, Carl, Wendy, and A&W have the burger game on lock.

>but those all suck near me!

Shit employees, but McDickles will forever be shit.
>>
>>7563307

This is pretty deep.
>>
>>7562735
#ImLovinIt™
>>
>>7563237
And is a meal a snack?
>>
They need to stick with 1 dollar double cheeseburgers and mcchickens ,fries and nuggets. Which is over a dollar now so I dnt go there.

If I have the hankering for gourmet im NOT gointo McDonald's.

Throw in mcflurries I cones.
>>
File: Maximum Over-Rustle.gif (613 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
Maximum Over-Rustle.gif
613 KB, 200x133
This fucking thread again fucking damn it
>>
>>7562755

>shit analogy

every time
>>
>>7563219
I fucking wish Canada had fast food like America does.

I can't get filled at McDonald's for less than $10 unless I use a coupon or strictly buy mcdoubles. A bigmac combo is $8 and who the fuck gets full from a big Mac and medium fries?

I refuse to spend over $6 on my fast food fills because I can buy a massive fucking round steak the size of my plate and cook it in 6 minutes. McDonald's is supposed to be cheap garbage food.
>>
Anyone who say they don't like McDonalds is lying. The combination of nostalgia and fatty food engineered to taste good
>>
>>7563589
McDonald's and other fast food chains can't compete any more on price. Now they market entirely on their brand and "unique taste you can't get anywhere else".

Don't worry, it won't last long and most of them will shrink in the West to focus on Asia/Middle East or flat out disappear in 20 years.
>>
there's actual turds in the """"""""meat""""""""
>>
>>7563598
mcdonald shills are pretty insufferable but you posting this in all their threads is somehow worse
>>
>>7562764
this

where the fuck are you? the moon?
>>
>>7563598
Faggot.
>>
>>7563537

Well it literally is a shit analogy because McDonald's is the equivalent of dog shit

Go be a faggot elsewhere you fat tub of lard
>>
>>7563626
Dog shit is not edible.
McDonalds is slightly edible.
>>
I love McDonalds hashbrowns. I usually get 6-8 of them at a time, and enjoy them piping hot.

For their price, they're quite a bargain.
>>
>>7563629

>Dog shit is not edible.

It is.
>>
>>7563626

i know it's literally a shit analogy, i meant it literally, it's an analogy about shit, and there's one in every fucking thread about any controversial consumer product.

no one wants to eat shit because it is shit. mcdonalds is a food product.
>>
>>7563652

>McDonald's is a good product

You sure?
>>
>>7563596
Why can't they compete further?
Do the big fast food chains have such large overheads ect that they really need to mark their burgers up 800 times in order to bring in any profit?

In regards to OP, the spicy jalapeno chicken (crispy) in Australian McD is pretty awesome. Not really worth $6.25 or whatever though.
>>
>>7563589

>who the fuck gets full from a big Mac and medium fries?

most people
>>
>>7563630
Your mom loves my hashbrown. I usually give it to her 6-8 times, she loves it piping hot.

And for her price, she's quite the bargain
>>
>>7563300
because pizza shops close by 3 am. and whats the point of buying $50 gormet shit if you are too blasted to appreciate it
>>
>>7563594
just about everything at mcdicks is over priced and shit. I can only tolerate the Mcdouble and $1 80 oz large drink
>>
File: amerifats.webm (429 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
amerifats.webm
429 KB, 360x360
>>7563589
you dont want cheap fast food m8 it ruins nations.

desu with our new retard $15 an hour minimum wage i would not be surprised if a big mac is $9 by 2018
>>
>>7563825

>mcdonalds is overpriced

oh my word now i've heard everything
>>
>>7563831
just about any burger place is cheaper and has better quality food not made by nig nog convicts
>>
>>7563833

>just about any burger place is cheaper

you can buy a burger for fucking 99p.

99 fucking p.
>>
>>7563838
I am talking about all their non dollar menu stuff. I will take a Jack in the box sourdough melt over a big mac any day of the week
>>
>>7563831
>>7563838

their non-dollar menu stuff is overpriced as shit you British fuck
>>
>>7563853

a burger for 99 fucking p and you corn-fed headless chickens are still fucking complaining. america was a mistake.
>>
>>7563871
Just because the price is under a quid doesn't mean anything. They're tiny and shite quality.
>>
>>7563891

calling them overpriced is just idiotic. when i look at mcdonalds i don't think exorbitant margins.
>>
>>7563307
Super glad I clicked on that link
>>
>>7563898
>i don't think exorbitant margins.

Why not? Even at retail supermarket prices their burgers cost a lot more than what you'd pay to make them yourself. And given the volume they buy in, they're paying far less than what you or I would at the supermarket. So how is that not overpriced?
>>
>>7563978

talking about making it yourself when it comes to fast food is pretty retarded because they're a convenience, that's the whole deal. but either way no, you can't make the same thing for significantly cheaper.
>>
>>7563988
>you can't make the same thing for significantly cheaper.

Sure you can. A standard McD's burger has only a 1.8 oz patty, that's about 50 grams.

Checking prices on Sainsburys.co.uk:
Beef mince is £2.00 for 500g, so that's only 20p per patty. Burger buns are £0.55 for 6, so that's only £0.09 each. The only other thing in a standard Maccas hamburger is a little mustard, ketchup, and onion, all of which cost just a few pennies.

So the cost do DIY is maybe 35p? Less than half what Maccas charges. And I'm sure you could do better if you shopped around; I simply picked the website for the first UK supermarket that I could think of.
>>
>>7564008

and now you're locked in to use the remainder of those packaged ingredients, and the oil, and the energy costs, the ventilation... i don't think it's going to be significantly cheaper if you adjust for those factors.
>>
>>7564024
>and now you're locked in to use the remainder of those packaged ingredients
I can see that might be an issue if you buy something really strange and never use it again, but beef mince? mustard? onion? How is that a problem at all? Those have countless uses in the kitchen and will easily be used up.

>>oil
what oil? you don't need oil to cook a burger patty.

>>energy costs?
Lol. I just googled the average cost of electricity in the UK and it came back as 4p per kWh. 5 minutes on a 5kw hob would cost only 1.6p.

It's about a third the cost of Maccas, anon.
>>
>>7564043

>what oil? you don't need oil to cook a burger patty.

maccas does.

>I can see that might be an issue if you buy something really strange and never use it again

the point is that it obligates you to more outlay than you may want for your burger.
>>
>>7564043
>>7564008
I really enjoy what you are doing here, it's pretty swell. One complaint though. STOP FUCKING CALLING IT "MACCAS" YOU GOD DAMNED FUCKING RETARDED EUROKEK! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU BRO, HOLY SHIT STOP DOING THAT!
>>
>>7564053
>bro
>>
>>7564048
>the point is that it obligates you to more outlay than you may want for your burger.

Meh, I don't mean this as an insult or anything, but you do not cook at all? I fail to see how ingredients that basic are some kind of "obligation" as opposed to staples which are always on hand.
>>
>>7563736
:O
>>
>>7564065

i'm just describing the factors which make a mcdonalds burger good value for money. your mileage may vary
>>
I really thought they had a new burger from all these threads. I was looking at the menu and was like "were they talking about the homestyle?"
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.