[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantastic news /ck/ A Vons just closed down to the plaza literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: asian-pearl-dim-sum-074.jpg (161 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
asian-pearl-dim-sum-074.jpg
161 KB, 500x333
Fantastic news /ck/

A Vons just closed down to the plaza literally cross the street. What's opening in its place? A fucking Rance 99. This means my Asian cooking is going to go up 0 to 60 real fast. Asian cooking has never been my forte--though I have dabbled--so I'm wonder what I should look into cooking in the near future here.

What are you favorite Asian dishes?
>>
>>7559174

are they getting one of those french style bakeries inside?
>>
>>7559188

From my understanding they're getting something similar. It's either a little sit down food shop, or one of those bakeries.
>>
>>7559174
Get some of the teas.
>>
>>7559174
Try all of the chinese leafy greens.
Pick your own steam fish.
>>
>>7559174
I fucks with some udon, miso soup, trying to get a handle on sushi. Also stir fries and Chinese style stuff I'm trying to learn. Korean is my latest pursuit. All three have a lot of overlap.

A 99 Ranch is about to open up around the corner from my house too, and I'm very excited. Check out Maangchi if you're interested in Korean. She's a meme, but very infortmative. Once you get a decent repertoire of Asian ingredients built up, there's a lot of overlap between cuisines, which is nice. I don't have much to cook here now, but I could easily get one or two ingredients and have access to a variety of dishes.
>>
>>7559174
There's one of those near me and there's never parking. Also, why do Asian women wear driving gloves.

OP, check out their Chinese sausage selection. Chinks know what to do with pig.
>>
>>7559174
xiao bai cai (baby bok choi).

Get a clove of garlic or two and chop it up, put oil and wok and heat to rocket hot, let the garlic cook for 30 seconds then add the bai cai and toss in oil. Add a splash of rice vinegar and soy sauce and toss until the cai looks wilted. Eat and enjoy

You can sometimes find baby bok choi in regular markets but this is the dish I miss most from China.
>>
>>7559205
cockroaches everywhere nigga
>>
>>7560515
Fuck off you little cunt. If there's a roach problem in the ghetto you call home, that sounds like a personal issue
>>
>>7560277
Heaven in a bun. Great with fresh hot fries and ice cold coca cola!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.