[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you carefully measure out the correct amount of water >you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: explosion-egg.jpg (54 KB, 570x386) Image search: [Google]
explosion-egg.jpg
54 KB, 570x386
>you carefully measure out the correct amount of water
>you bring it to nice happy boil
>you place egg gently into pot to not crack it
>you cover with a lid and set a timer
*THUNK*

Fuck you egg I was a perfect gentleman.
>>
It takes a special sort of tard to fuck up boiling an egg. Nice One.
>>
the temperature difference between the boiling water and cold/raw egg is too great. I find mine always crack if I don't put them in and then bring to a boil afterwards. sometimes if i heat it up too quickly they still crack.
>>
I never seem to get boiled eggs right. I read somewhere that you're supposed to boil the water, put the eggs in, then turn off the heat and leave the eggs there. Is that true? Seems to me like the water wouldn't be hot for long enough to cook them.
>>
File: 1460208695549.jpg (102 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460208695549.jpg
102 KB, 900x1200
>>7557485
>place eggs in pot with water onto the stove
>turn heat on high and bring to a boil
>once boiling, turn off heat and cover, letting sit for 10 minutes
>afterwards transfer to bowl of ice water
>peel and eat

Perfect every time.
>>
>>7557508
It ended up being more fucked up than when they normally crack. Also was discolored inside, and felt different somehow when I was holding it before I put it in. I BLAME A BAD EGG.

>>7557511
Have fun peeling those fuckers. Starting from hot makes peeling a breeze.
>>
>>7557518
also a bitch to peel. did this for years. hot method is superior
>>
>>7557528
I don't let them sit in the ice water for long. Just to stop them cooking and cool them down enough to peel. I can do half a dozen in three to five minutes or so, I think I'm all right.
>>
>>7557518
Dropping a hot egg into ice water shortens the shelf life by a factor of 30-50.

>>7557522
>>7557528
Peeling is a matter of egg age, not cooking method
>>
>>7557542
Age is definitely the biggest factor, but sometimes you only have fresh eggs and you aren't willing to wait 2 weeks for them to be optimized for boiling. In such cases, there are other methods such as dropping it into ice water, and starting from hot, which are better than nothing.
>>
File: 1460015949319.jpg (97 KB, 610x915) Image search: [Google]
1460015949319.jpg
97 KB, 610x915
>>7557542
>Dropping a hot egg into ice water shortens the shelf life by a factor of 30-50.

Even if this were true, and I don't suspect that it is, I never have any issues with hard boiled eggs and their shelf life so I don't care.

I know you want to link me to a citation though so feel free.
>>
>>7557513
pretty sure that method requires a lid
>>
>>7557522

never have any issues peeling... i find adding a bit of salt to the water helps. perhaps i'm just used to advanced peeling techniques...
>>
>>7557554
>never have any issues peeling
t. a guy who buys his stale eggs only from the most supermarkety of supermarkets
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.