[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best grilled cheese you've had? I made a goat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: download (7).jpg (7 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
7 KB, 275x184
Whats the best grilled cheese you've had?

I made a goat and mozzarella grilled cheese with pesto and spinach added to it made in a panini press on white bread with a little olive oil and it was so so so so so good
>>
I spread mayo mixed with salt, black pepper, and chipotle powder on the inside of the bread.

Shits cash
>>
I like little bits of tomato in mine
>>
mayo

kraft singles
>>
I made a lazy grilled cheese in my toaster last night, was p. good.
>>
>>7555771
describe the process
>>
sometimes I go to the Cracker Barrel and order like 4 grilled cheese sandwiches. shits so good, nobody makes it better.
>>
File: i griddle mine tbh fam.jpg (56 KB, 443x457) Image search: [Google]
i griddle mine tbh fam.jpg
56 KB, 443x457
>grilled cheese sandwich
>>
>>7555648
Cumin Gouda. Don't judge till you've tried making a grilled cheese with it.
>>
Swiss cheese and italian bread on a pan with knob of melted butter. Plus a cup of tomato soup on the side / for dipping. It's my lazy time comfort food.
>>
>>7555685
My nigga. Cheddar and tomato is my shit
>>
>>7555648
>bread
>mayo
>shredded chedder
>American
>shredded fontina
>mayo
>bread
>>
>>7556665
The second mayo was supposed to be deli mustard
>>
>>7555648

Shredded sharp cheddar, herb boursin cream cheese, finely chopped red onion. Made on the pan with butter, white bred because it's grilled cheese but I also love it with whole wheat.
>>
Habanero cheddar/colbyjack cheese blend and a fair amount of tomato on sourdough. Sweet, tangy, spicy, salty, shit's nearly got it all.
>>
b u m p
>>
Greuyere, cheddar, shrimp, bacon, tomato, chives on garlic buttered Texas toast, with homemade bacon and bean soup.
>>
>>7555672
Can't front - sounds p gud
>>
File: grilled-cheese-sandwich.jpg (26 KB, 486x353) Image search: [Google]
grilled-cheese-sandwich.jpg
26 KB, 486x353
I'm going to sound severely stupid but how do you make grilled cheese sandwiches? I've never had one but always wanted to but is it literally just throwing a sandwich on a pan? Do you butter? What's the deal? Why does everyone love them so much?
>>
>>7559534
There are lots of methods but the most sensible one is to butter one side of each slice of bread, put cheese inside, put it on a pan and flip depending on how you like the cheese and the crispiness of the bread.
>>
Since I got a panini press a while back, I make them all the time now.

>wheat or whole grain bread
>little bit of mayo on each
>dice up an ounce of whatever's around, American, muenster, asiago, swiss, guda, it's all good
>dice up just a couple of those little pepperoni/salami slices they sell for poker games and cheese pairings
>spinach if it's handy

That with some salted potatoes and broccoli? It's been my go-to meal lately and even though it's a lot of sodium, it's a hell of a lot better than going out to eat as much as I used to (literally once or twice a day). Saving money, losing weight, feels great.
>>
>>7555648
Cheddar cheese
Sautéed onions mushrooms spinach jalapeño and garlic
On thick slices of whole wheat bread fried in a pan with butter
>>
>>7559810

Fuck this sounds delicious.
>>
>>7555648
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=309JVziUvTo
>>
My ex used to make me grilled cheeses before we started dating. It was her way of flirting. I never got around to asking how she made them, but they were amazing, just like her. Now she's gone, and I want to die. Thanks OP.
>>
I've made delicious grilled cheese sandwiches with all sorts of cheeses, but I have to say that the most satisfying kind is still American cheese (NOT Kraft singles, but actual American cheese, which yes, I know, is really a process cheese made from more than one cheese) on good white bread. It's just so nostalgic and comforting......
>>
Buffalo Mozzarella, Heirloom Tomato, Fresh homemade pesto on multi-grain bread, fried in butter and olive oil.
>>
Brown bread - Gruyere, American cheese and a bit of cheddar.
>>
>>7555648
A chicken quesadilla.

TORTILLA MASTER RACE
>>
File: IMG_8167.jpg (188 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8167.jpg
188 KB, 1080x1920
>>7560103
IN THE ARMS OF AN ANGEL
>>
>>7560569
I can't tell if you're mocking me, or sympathizing with me...
>>
>>7560707
Sympathizing.
I too, lost a qt gf who was fucking perfect, but I was too dumb to realize it then
>>
>>7560788
Thanks for the sympathy anon. I just wish there was something I could have done to hold on to her.
>>
File: IMG_60891.png (48 KB, 154x240) Image search: [Google]
IMG_60891.png
48 KB, 154x240
>mfw my sister has the bread soak up all the oil into a mushy mess
>>
>3 parts aged cheddar
>1 part brie
>a little white wine

pulse the above in a food processor to make your cheese spread.
>>
>>7555648
goat on a grilled cheese sounds nasty
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.