[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I know when to take out my cookies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: cookies.png (2 MB, 1512x588) Image search: [Google]
cookies.png
2 MB, 1512x588
>>
When they stop being shiny and have bits of brown to go along with a gold color. Take them out of the oven, sit for 3 minutes or so, then transfer to a cookie rack.
>>
>>7554239
So I don't poke them with something and check if it comes out dry like you do with cakes? Well I did it really wrong then. First lot ended up being too big and they flattened out joining to each other, second lot worked out great.

I plan on making another batch this week and trying to make them a reasonable size and hopefully uniform.
>>
When they smell real good.
>>
>>7554235
you're the pancake mix pbutter cookie guy aren't you
>>
>>7554394
Nope. Haven't posted to /ck in years.
>>
i dont know bitch
>>
when they're done
>>
>>7554235
When they stick to the wall
>>
>>7555044
Kek
>>
>>7555044
Lol
>>
>>7555044
This desu senpai
>>
>>7554245
Depends on the cookie. Generally when they start to change colour around the edges to how you would expect them to look.

I usually make a large amount of batter and cook them in batches. If the first batch is a little too soft or too dry you know what to do for the rest of them
>>
>>7555044
Kekked irl
>>
>>7555044
fucking keke
>>
>>7555044
>>7555053
>>7555059
>>7555069
>>7555492
>>7555550
samefag
>>
>>7554263
Sounds retarded but it's true
Once you start to smell them, they're ready to come out
>>
>>7555044
My sides are officially in orbit!
>>
>>7555044
Top kek
>>
>>7555044
Lel
>>
>>7555044
jej
>>
>>7555044
Tip top kekkers
>>
>>7555031
Oh your cookies look suspiciously similar to his.
>>
Stick your dick in the cookie.

If it goes in, you're straight and the cookie is not finished.
If it doesn't go in, you're gay and the cookies are done.
>>
>>7555044
yep bro

CAPTCHA SELECT THE COOKIES. I WIN
>>
>>7555688
Haha is that a good or bad thing?
>>
>>7555479
since you seem to have some knowledge about cookies, can you tell me how to make cookies not melt apart and instead stick together so they remain sort of tall?
i swear i follow recipes closely but this happens almost every time
>>
>>7555044
this isn't funny
>>
>>7557141
well he made pb cookies and didn't make the ridges so they ended up oddly smooth and shiny
>>
>>7557218
use butter and not margarine, rest dough for 12-24 hours before using, use more white sugar instead of brown sugar
>>
>>7557455
Neither of the two recipes I looked up said anything about ridges so I ridnt do anything but after looking into it further I'll probably put in ridges next time
>>
>>7558720
If those were peanut butter cookies then people typically roll the dough into a ball and flatten it out onto the sheet pan using a fork, also i've seen a few recipes where you sprinkle more sugar over it before baking for extra crunch i guess but seems like overkill for what shouldn't be a super sweet cookie to begin with.
>>
>>7559754
I rolled them into balls and used my fingers to flatten them. I also made them too big and too close together but now I know for next time.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.