[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laphroaig Appreciation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: DSC00727.jpg (72 KB, 1140x757) Image search: [Google]
DSC00727.jpg
72 KB, 1140x757
Why doesn't /ck/ like Laphroaig, again? Aside from the fact that if you drink a half or more of it in one session, you can still taste it at the back of your mouth for the next 3 days?

>pic is the version you can only get at Asian Airports for some reason. They age it in brandy barrels or some shit.
>>
>>7553972
>They age it in brandy barrels or some shit.
It literally says Pedro Ximanez sherry on the picture you posted.
I know it's 4chan but you don't always have to try and cultivate a false air of cool indifference you fucking retard
>>
>>7553984
It was a deliberately aimed cool indifference, my friend. I prefer the normal variant but perhaps my words weren't sufficient enough to imply such.
>>
>>7554007
...or maybe they were. I mean, you did click to enlarge the pic to confirm if it was brandy casks or otherwise.
>>
>>7553972
love me the quarter-cask and triple-cask varieties
>>
>>7553972
Too smokey for me but I think I just don't like scotch in general. I prefer the sweeter taste of bourbon
>>
File: IMG_3367.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3367.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7553972
I'm a fan of Laphroaig. Peaty smoky whiskies are my favorite. Octomore is pure nectar of the gods. Pic related, my scotch collection (yeah I know there's a Jap mixed in there)
>>
File: 1406566530608.jpg (25 KB, 473x473) Image search: [Google]
1406566530608.jpg
25 KB, 473x473
>>7554275

>lining up your meme whiskies in direct sunlight
>>
>>7553972

Is this like lagavulin?

I.e. it tastes like a fireplace?
>>
>>7554285
kek. Lined em up for the pic, homie. I keep em in a cabinet. Honestly most of this stuff is cask strength and I go through it so quickly that it would rarely gets a chance to lose any vibrancy anyway.
The only delicate one that I save for special occasions is the Black Arts 4.1 and that one has a solid black bottle.
>meme whiskies
I guess they're meme whiskies... I really have no idea what that entails. Are you implying my taste in whisky is unrefined or undeveloped or pedestrian? Or is a meme whisky one that lots of people like to the point where it has become no longer fashionable to like it?

>>7554289
Not op, but I've had Laphroaig PX and it's got a more sweet nose and finish than Lagavulin, but the smoke is still pervasive. The PX finish just adds a sweeter vinegary note to the spirit.
>>
>>7553972
Them Chineseses really like their brandy for some reason.

My favourite thing about Laphroaig is the smell of a glass after it's dried out. It's like toffee.
>>
File: drink Laphroaig-10-years-old.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
drink Laphroaig-10-years-old.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
>>7553972

I’ve got a bottle of Laphroaig that I bought probably 15 years back that has only had 2 shots taken out of it, as my whiskey drinking buddies couldn’t stomach the stuff, saying it was like Liquid Smoke.
>>
/ck/ doesn't like Laphroaig as a reaction to the small number of 'muh peat, muh Lafroog' fags who think they're manly because they like heavily peated whisky. It is perfectly good Scotch however when I'm in the mood for something very peaty. I'm not big on the NAS trend but Quarter Cask is good stuff, it's understandable at least with it why they wouldn't want to put an age statement on it because it wouldn't be representative of the actual maturation of the whisky due to the different casks.

>>7554372
Toffee and but with some fragrant and vegetal smell too, it's even better than the smell in the glass left by other whiskies after they've dried, which is already delicious.

>>7554456
>15 years
Yeah a lot of the peat has probably faded from that, tends to happen with heavily peated whisky once it's allowed to oxidize a bit. Would be interesting to try it next to a newly opened bottle.
>>
>>7554275

How is the Nikka Coffey Grain? Brother who lives in Sushiland brought me some.
>>
Speaking of dried whisky, check this shit out.
http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/up-close-dried-whiskey-looks-like-the-cosmos
>>
File: I1a-laphroaig-122-ff.jpg (134 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
I1a-laphroaig-122-ff.jpg
134 KB, 650x650
Laphroaig
>>
>>7554937
It's sweet like you would expect from a grain, but not overly. Refined and woody tasting neat. I don't normally drink whisky with rocks, but I actually prefer this one on the rocks. Brings out a bright citrusy flavor
>>
File: abgob.non2.jpg (132 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
abgob.non2.jpg
132 KB, 540x720
Can anyone give me some recommendations on inexpensive scotch?

I think that I saw a thread about pic related a while back, is it any good?

I've also tried Glenmorangie and liked it.
>>
>>7555052
Best bang for your buck, friendo.
Don't sleep on the oogie
>>
>>7555222
Thanks, I'll pick a bottle up and give it a shot
>>
>>7555052
The standard 10 year old Ardbeg is also wonderful.
>>
>>7555052
Chivas regal when its on special
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.