[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have 1kg of puff pastry dough, any good recipes I shoul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: puff pastry dough.jpg (59 KB, 460x230) Image search: [Google]
puff pastry dough.jpg
59 KB, 460x230
So I have 1kg of puff pastry dough, any good recipes I should try?

I was thinking in these one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Vi5gjdnB8
>>
http://bsugarmama.com/bacon-jalapeno-puff-pastry-bites/
>>
>>7550585
He looks like he probably shouldn't be eating the sort of food he cooks.
>>
There's plenty of elaborate stuff you can do, like any type of Wellington (AB's pork tenderloin Wellington is pretty good).

If you just want to use it up you can put almost anything in/on it. Jams, butter sugar and crushed nuts, beans, leftover stews, etc.

Just cut it into squares, dab on a little filling, fold it however you want, and bake until it looks done.
>>
1 can tuna in oil
250 g cream cheese with herbs
50g olives without core
1 onion

Cut up the onion and olives, pretty small.
Drain the oil from the tuna, loosen it with a fork,makes it easier to mix later.
Loosen cream cheese
Mix it all together with a fork until it's homogeneous.
Cut out little squares from dough, 10 * 10 cm, for a triangle shape, 10 * 20 for rectangular.
Add a spoon full of the tuna mix, fold the dough over it.
You can use eggyolks for optics and on the border to glue the two sheets together.

The tuna mix is also tasty on bread and shit.
>>
>>7551165
Recipe in German
> http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/1042911209283817/Thunfisch-Oliven-Taeschchen.html
>>
Get some sausage meat, caremelised red onions and stilton. Layer it up on the pastry in a one inch thick line, add plenty of pepper, fold the pastry over and seal the edges. Slash, egg wash, bake and cut into bite sized sections.
>>
Sliced Bananas and chocolate.
>>
>>7551314

This sounds great, gonna try this myself tomorrow.
>>
Turnovers with brie and fig jam or pumpkin butter
>>
>>7550585
Make some empanadas senpai.
>>
I made bacon bites like pic related for an apero and they where gone in a second. I got the thinnest sliced bacon i could find and cut it with a very sharo knife, turned out perfectly. I also made cheese sticks, they where delicious. I just used grated gruyere and some thyme leafes for that.
Another recipe i love is making "schinkengipfel". It's little pastry with ham filling. For that i cut sliced ham in little bits, cut up an onion, add in anything else i want atm. For example herbs or grated carrots/chopped papricas. heat that up in a pan and then wrap in little packages with the pastry. I also always make an egg wash with puff pastry to get it crispy and good looking.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 360x240
>>7553702
Forgot pic..
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.