[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brisket rub recipe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: brisket.jpg (130 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
brisket.jpg
130 KB, 640x480
I have a small brisket that I am going to smoke tomorrow with a hickory fire. I want to dry rub it and need a good texas rub recipe. Chunk o' meat is just shy of 3 lbs. Help me cu/ck/oo Texans.
>>
>inb4 le salt/pepper only Aaron Franklin memeque facs
>>
>>7549391
Texasfag here.

It's more about the technique and less about the seasonings. The flavor, tenderness and juiciness all come from how you cook it.

You could have the best dry rub in the world and still butcher the brisket.
>>
>>7549473
That's actually Louis Miller's recipe. You know, the place where Franklin worked and bought his pit from.
>>
>>7549391
>3lb brisket

niggawut
>>
>>7549529
Louis Mueller not Miller
>>
>>7549487
This texbro knows. Technique and whatever wood you choose to smoke with is far more important than the seasonings. I like smoking with oak
>>
>>7549487
>>7549618
I'm familiar with smoking BBQ, I have hickory and oak to choose from, but my preference is hickory.

I have no clue where to start with a rub though. I'm sorry but neither of you offered any help.
>>
Rub wise its about creating a balance, salt and pepper are a must, I prefer sweet savoury to heat so my rubs are something like this
30% salt
30% pepper
15% sugar/raw or brown
10% coffee
10% thyme
5% paprika
I'll inject with a mix of coke, beef stock and Worcester sauce also. I use peach wood for more sweetness,
>>
File: thick.jpg (38 KB, 370x493) Image search: [Google]
thick.jpg
38 KB, 370x493
>>7549800

What kind of smoker do you have? Salt and 16 mesh pepper (no injections) if you want something like pic related. I don't really bother with anything else unless it's ribs.

Chili powder, cayenne, Lawry's, onion powder and garlic powder are stuff you could mix in along with doing >>7549902
>>
File: lean_endcut.jpg (109 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
lean_endcut.jpg
109 KB, 960x720
>>7549800

Also, a 3 lb brisket? I assume you just purchased the flat. Try to find a whole packer brisket. As for what you have, you're just going to have to watch it when it gets close to being done. You'll have a smaller sweet spot to hit before it's overdone and crumbly. Probably be smart to wrap early (~175) and check for done-ness at ~190-195.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.