[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's 2014. Don't tell me you don't take your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Chili.jpg (834 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Chili.jpg
834 KB, 2048x1536
It's 2014.

Don't tell me you don't take your chili presidential style.
>>
it depends on the president I guess
>>
>beans
>rice
>chili

This is truly the worst board
>>
>>7548885

>pretending you live in one of the handful of villages in middle of nowhere texas where it's considered normal to eat chili without beans
>not eating chili in the style of your majority elected, second term president

You're most likely not even American.
>>
I made Obama's chili recipe once. It's cooked quick rather than slow and has turmeric for an unusual taste. It's pretty good. Texas red is my favorite, but presidents are busy people and I can see why they would choose faster chili.
>>
>>7548914
You're most likely a cucked liberal.
>>
>>7548961

I made Alton Brown's old school, no beans chili recipe once and it takes less than an hour to cook, and then you put it in the fridge to let the flavors come together and reheat it the next day.
>>
I just eat chilli on its own, without rice or other shit

The only thing I add after serving is sriracha
>>
>>7549395
Also leave it in the fridge for two days before eating, it's so much better
>>
Chili rice with cheddar and diced, raw white onion is the best kind of chili.
>>
>>7548961
Because they cook their own food?
>>
>>7548885
where does this chilli wthout beans meme come from?
without beans it's basically mince, onion, pepper and tomato stew.
>>
Non-American here. Why does it always sound like adding beans to chili is heresy? Personally I love beans and its texture.
>>
This is pretty standard Hawaii-style chili, and Obama's recipe is pretty good.
t. hawaiian
>>
>>7551913

It's not a meme, you fuckwit. Chili con carne literally IS a meat stew. With a chili pepper base, specifically.

American eateries only began adding beans to their chili during World War II to save money on meat. Real chili has no beans.
>>
>>7552290
Americans accidentally started making chilli properly after having always made it wrong. Real chilli has always had beans.
>>
>>7552290
>American eateries only began adding beans to their chili during World War II to save money on meat

Then why do a bunch of pre-WWII cookbooks call for beans?

Debate it all you want, but Chili has no fixed recipe. It was a poor person's dish made from a base of chilies plus whatever other meat/veg was available. And beans were certainly likely to be in there: they're cheap. they keep well without refrigeration. they're a staple food of the Texas-Mexico region. You bet your ass that cowboys were making chili with beans hundreds of years ago.
>>
>>7552290
If fucking Texans hate Mexicans so much why do you care what goes in their food?
>>
>>7552333
trips of ignorance
chili is an American recipe
also, many Mexican-American families in Texas have been there since before Texas was even part of America.
>>
>>7552314
dumb euro detected
>>
>ground beef and beans in chili!
>it doesn't matter how well it's seasoned or how good it tastes, that's hamburger helper, not chili!

"Muh authentic chili con carne" fags have to be one of the most obnoxious vocal minorities in existence. When 99% of the population does something a certain way and calls it a certain name, that's what it is. That's how both food and language work.
>>
>>7552333
I've wondered this about the Texas culture in general, from what they name things to their general architecture. Like fucking Mexican stuff has been entwined withing Texas and neighboring states for like over 100 years and all of the sudden they hate them. I mean I'm all for Trump's wall and all, but yeesh.
>>
>>7552375
Fucking mexicans are always sneaking over the borders, stealing thur jerbs and putting beans in their Chilli con Americane
>>
>>7552375
They hate illegal immigrants, not all Mexicans. In fact, many Mexicans who came to the country legally don't really care for the illegals either.
>>
>>7552326
Chilli was originally beef stew with spices and spicy peppers added. No beans.

I have a small chilli recipe booklet from marlboro circa 1975 at home. It has about 12 chilli recipe and only one has beans. The recipe is named something like "frontier chilli with beans."

It was surprising and when i spoke to my dad, whose from Arizona, he said that beans werent common in chilli until the 1980s, most places served it without beans.

Real chilli is more like the chilli that goes on a chilli cheese dog.
>>
>>7552375
reminder that when texas was still part of mexico the problem was white anglo american illegal immigrants
>>
File: texas.gif (3 MB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
texas.gif
3 MB, 500x260
>>7552375
I'm a Texan and we don't hate Mexicans, we just don't like illegal immigrants. Texans and Mexicans share a lot of history and culture, any true Texan can't deny how much influence Mexicans have on our culture and heritage. We get along fine and have respect for each other for the most part. Even many legal beaners don't like the illegals coming over because of the crime they bring, the illegals are hurting many old established Mexican neighborhoods.
>>
>2014
>>
File: ck.jpg (73 KB, 1165x296) Image search: [Google]
ck.jpg
73 KB, 1165x296
>>
>>7548914
>nig nog chilli
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.