[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Cuisine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1424307843249.jpg (60 KB, 580x533) Image search: [Google]
1424307843249.jpg
60 KB, 580x533
I'm going to spending a fortnight in Washington DC. It's my first time in America and I want to understand your culture as well as I possibly can. Therefore I have a list of 8 fast food chains I want to visit. Please tell me if I can drop any of these from my list or if you would include any additions.
>Carl's JR
Not technically in Washington but it's at LAX where I have a layover.
>Wendy's
>Chipotle
>Chick-fil-A
>Popeyes
>Panda Express
>Dunkin' Donuts
>McDonald's
I also really wanted to eat some In-N-Out, but there's no opportunity unfortunately.
>>
>>7547918
Drop all of them from your list and eat some local places instead.

Why the fuck would you waste your opportunity on fast food garbage?
>>
File: hooked.gif (143 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
hooked.gif
143 KB, 480x480
>>
Kill yourself. If you're set on eating trash, at least skip Panda Express.
>>
>>7547922
Because products from these places are on television and film, and people on 4chan are also familiar with them. I'd like to be able to be able to talk about them.
Mcdonalds is really only on the list because I want to see what supersize looks like.
>>
>>7547932
>Because products from these places are on television and film

So what? If you've been to Maccas at home you already know what to expect. You have a rare chance to visit a foreign country, so why waste it with low-end food when you could be eating better instead?
>>
>>7547943
Because american local restaurants are going to be on par with aussie local restaurants. Pretty standard fare. It's not like I'm going to rome or tokyo or some other place where I'm missing out on world renowned food. I'll be going to a few networking events that are fully catered anyway, I'll eat fine on some other days.
>>
>>7547918
>American Cuisine
My wife's son says there's no such thing.
>>
>>7547945

Not true. You'll want to check out local crayfish, also local barbecue. Anything that is looked at as hick hillbilly food is good when fresh.
>>
>>7547945
>going to be on par with aussie local restaurants

That's much more likely to be true with fast food than anything else.
>>
>>7547918
Even though you're obviously trolling, I'll assume you might actually be going to DC anyway. Check out Ben's Chili Bowl on U St
>>
Get some crabcakes you fuck.
>>
>>7547918
This post triggers me, might honestly be bait but I don't know. Anyways here are some better places to eat when you're in Washington.

Founding Farmers (America Traditional)
>ignore the meme name it's actually pretty good tbqh, I like the shrimp and grits, and you may want to see about getting a reservation it tends to get pretty busy.

Bub and Pop's (Sandwich shop)
>not bad either honestly, good cheap(for what you're getting)sandwiches there as well, recommend the Real Obama. They also have some pretty good homemade kettle chips and the pepper hash (pickled cabbage and peppers etc.) is pretty dank.

"Komi" or "minibar by Jose Andres" (Greek&Mediterranean or American (new))
>both are fantastic, both are very expensive. These are your five star restaurants that require you to dress nice and have reservations well in advance. I personally prefer minibar over Komi but that is more of a personal preference than anything. Both are your stereotypical small dish high dining experiences, but both have treated me to some of the best eating experiences I've ever had the pleasure of attaining. Oh and expect to be paying well above 100 dollars a person for each place.

Indigo (Indian)
>pretty good Indian food and I'm not even a fan of the cuisine at all, it's a lot more casual then the previous example and if ever in town I'll sometimes go there for lunch. Lamb Curry is recommended and each combo meal/dish comes with a complimentary side of chick peas.

Los Hermanos (Dominican)
>everytime I'm in town I go here or make time for myself to go here, it's a very casual eating experience with cafeteria style serving. I mean could write a paragraphs on why this place is amazing but I don't feel like being here all day typing. Recommended Snapper with Coconut sauce, with rice and peas and vegetables.

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse (uh..Brazilian Steakhouse)
>it's a monolith dedicated to the gods of meat old and new. Everything is fantastic.
>>
>>7548206
>>7547918
Oh and if you are dead set on visiting the restaurants you mentioned at the very least go to a panda express. It's the least shit out of those all but it is still a pile of shit. I took the liberty of seeing if there was one at LAX and guess what there is. Happy travels.
>>
>>7548206
>>7548221
Thanks for the info friend. I'll be low on spending money while overseas but checking them out online I think I'll definitely have to pay Bub and Pop's and Los Hermanos a visit.
>>
>>7548206
Aw man, my firm helped design Founding Farmers and we would get free food from there ALL THE TIME
I miss that place
>>
>>7547959
>Barbecue and crayfish in DC
No. No no no no.
>>
>>7548206
Excellent post. Pay attention memers
>>
File: 1459390667695.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459390667695.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>7548206

Listen to this man.

Also, holy shit, I'm surprised you mentioned fogo de chão. I am brazilian and I live really close to one, it's amazing, isn't it? We are irrelevant for thousand things, but we know how to make a steak and treat meat. Ain't nothing like brazilian bbq.

And only rare, please. Nothing well done.
>>
>>7547953

You gotta listen to your wife's son. Trust me, things have been a lot smoother since I conceded the roll of "man of the house" to my wife's son.
>>
Look, if you really want to eat with a fork-knife, you're going to have to go someplace that serves slop.
>>
What are some iconic/traditional American dishes that I should eat/"experience" while on a trip here?

Will be visiting San Francisco in May. I live in a country known for its seafood, fresh vegetables, dairy products, lamb. Our only fast-food chains are McDonald's and Burger King.

On my to-eat list is burritos and steak (because they are both rarely available in restaurants here, but apparently it's common fare here?). Anything else to add to that?
>>
>>7547932
Does McDonald's even do Super size anymore? I thought that one dumb nigger ruined everything for everybody forever with that shitty movie he made.
>>
>>7547918
6/10
>>
File: awesome.jpg (92 KB, 800x1045) Image search: [Google]
awesome.jpg
92 KB, 800x1045
>>7547918
The fact that you included McDonalds is odd, as they are practically everywhere on Earth where people have an internet connection
>>
>>7547918
>DC
>good food
We have a lot of overpriced yuppie chain restaurants like Chipotle. Most notably:
&Pizza
Cava
Chic fil a
Shake Shack
District Tacos
Basically everything around DuPont/Farrogut

Founding Farmer's is about as American as you can get. Make a reservation since it's always packed.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.