[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hot n Juicy Crawfish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 20160402_161155.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160402_161155.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I eat here whenever I go to DC. Does anyone know similar recipes to the way they serve their seafood? Went there last weekend and loved it again.
>>
Self bump
I'm confident no one on this board has eaten here.
>>
File: menu.jpg (176 KB, 747x1000) Image search: [Google]
menu.jpg
176 KB, 747x1000
Never been, but this looks like my kind of place.

>menu on receipt paper
>>
>>7545778
I threw up outside the restaurant once.
>>
>>7545778
no but why would you prepare crawfish any way other than cajun boil?
>>
File: bag.jpg (208 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bag.jpg
208 KB, 1000x1000
>>7545901

>food in a bag
>>
File: o.jpg (128 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
128 KB, 1000x750
>>7545908
>>
>>7545778
sheeit, those are some really solid prices. I would've expected a higher markup
>>
OP if you want good Cajun recipes, might I suggest Chef John Folse. he knows a thing or two.
>>
File: back.jpg (177 KB, 747x1000) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
177 KB, 747x1000
>>7545911
>>
>>7545778
I would not eat crawfish prepared that far up north. It's probably cold and not seasoned well, but I might be proven wrong. I had lobster in Maine once and it was disgusting.

t. NOLA dweller
>>
>>7545901
The get your feet wet is now $31, still worth every penny
>>7545912
That must be an older menu, some prices are higher now
>>
>>7545919
It's not cold, it's actually really hot and it was seasoned really well, but I've never been to NOLA to compare. There's enough seasoning in the bottom of the bag it makes a paste.
>>
God I fucking love crawdads. Seems I can catch them myself or pay exorbitant prices for cooked daddies. Bunch of shit.
>>
>>7545920
ah, makes sense. Still, if they stay within a couple bucks of those prices that's still pretty reasonable, I find a lot of seafood-specific places will sell things like 1lb of mussels for 12.99, 14.99 for clams, stuff like that. Imagining opening that bag and smelling the delicious seafood steam is giving me a semi
>>
>>7545923
Sounds good senpai. There's nothing like an authentic cajun crawfish boil, with corn, red potatos, andouille sausage - tearing the crawfish apart and sucking the spices right out and getting teary eyed from it. God damn I want some now
>>
>>7545934
I, too, live in louisiana and this post has me shaking and mouth watering like crazy, fuck you
>>
>>7545919
What do you mean? You know you can catch crawfish almost anywhere in the US?
>>
>>7545923
the good food isn't in NOLA. You can get the same food all over south louisiana for 1/10th of the price of the fancy "creole cuisine" bullshit in NOLA. Best crawfish ive ever had at a restaurant were at Cajun Catch in gonzales. such a shitty town.
>>
>>7545919
>>7545934
>>7545938
>>7545960
What exactly goes into a good cajun boil? Seasonings especially. I LOVE what I've had at hot n juicy.
>>
>>7545960
Well the only cajun boil cuisine I've had was at hot n juicy. I'd like to make it at home, but I've not a clue where to start seasoning wise.
>>
>>7545978
there are several very important steps. the most important imo is cleaning them properly, otherwise you end up with gritty mud-butt inducing bottom feeding bugs. the vietnamese cant seem to grasp this one. Cajuns fill their ice chest with a sack of live crawfish and spray them down with the hose, leaving the let at the bottom open. 3 or 4 times ought to do it

next you need to have your water boiling, usually use Zataran's or Louisiana crab boil. its basically old bay with celery salt lemon onion cayenne, but any cajun will use the brand name crab boil.

next you boil your onion, corn, and potatoes. once theyre good to go and you bring it back to a rolling boil, drop your sack of craw-dads in and let 'em soak for maybe 15-20 minutes. dont wanna overcook em, we usually just turn the propane burner off once theyre done. stir em once in awhile.

any other cajunfags wanna add anything?
>>
>>7545949
He means he wouldn't trust it to taste like cajun cuisine, being so far away from Louisiana.
>>
>>7545989
I'm Vietnamese myself and I always end up disappointed every time I go to a Vietnamese "Cajun" restaurant. God damn, get your shit together.
>>
>>7546001
Oh, I see. I don't go in for that shit, but I get it.
>>
>>7546017
Just stick to doing pedicures damnit!
>>
>>7545989
>but any cajun will use the brand name crab boil.
How spicy will that be? I'd like to do shrimp and maybe crab legs, unless I find a cheap source of crawfish locally. My wife isn't big on spicy food so knowing beforehand would be good so I can make her something separate.
>>
>>7545960
Im not talking about going to the tourist trap restaurants in NO, just the area including the city. Best crawfish in the country is in a 100 mile radius from nola
>>
>>7546059
That sounds good senpai. It'll be fairly spicy I believe. Also, I recommend the zatarains crab boil powder. Maybe they have a less spicy variant.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.