[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the last dinner you made >rate it Made a salmon, apple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: 471745-iwata-and-bananas.png (273 KB, 600x369) Image search: [Google]
471745-iwata-and-bananas.png
273 KB, 600x369
>the last dinner you made
>rate it

Made a salmon, apple and kale salad. I give it a 5/10. I don't really ever make fish so I didn't cook it properly I feel. Still had that ocean-y taste and smell to it, maybe it was just the fish itself. The kale had a weird texture to it. But when you eat the kale, apple and salmon altogether in one bite, it was actually really great. Blended together nicely.
>>
>>7545274
I made chicken picatta, I was at the liquor store and picked up a bottle of white wine and I had the rest of the ingredients. Honestly give it a 7/10, chicken was cooked perfectly but I put a little too much lemon juice in it because I was kinda drunk.
>>
File: meh.jpg (653 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
653 KB, 3264x2448
5/10
>>
>>7545317
What the hell am I looking at?
>>
>>7545358
I don't think I'm ready for that jelly.
>>
Ikea meatballs.

I like them.
>>
>>7545274
I made baked potatoes and steak. I rate it 6/10, and only because of the potatoes which were impossible for me to fuck up.

Steak was a bit too done, but the flavor was alright. Nothing special
>>
Specifically dinner?
Last night, I cooked up some stir-fried noodles with chicken, mushrooms, onion, scallions and preserved turnip.
8/10.
>>
>>7545358
Well, the language that paper's in is either Timetraveler (IE Finnish) or Backwards Timetraveler (IE Estonian), so I'd guess squeaky cheese and lingonberry jam.

I'm not that familiar with Finnish food outside of poronkaristys(sp?), rice pasties and Karelian hot pot.
>>
>>7545358
>>7545461
It's Finnish pancake.
>>
>>7545482
Baked pancake?
>>
>>7545508
Yes, baked.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I had some french fries, a fried egg with garlic powder and paprika, a half can of Heinz baked beans in tomato sauce, and a can of herring in tomato sauce.

Messed up on the presentation but hey, I'm a bachelor
>>
>>7545548
Forgot to rate, 7/10. I left the herring cold, which was kind of ok but could have been better if warm. Some of the fries were not well done, and over all it looked like crap. But it tasted really good together.
>>
>Spaghetti with maple sausage and garlic bread

8/10, pretty good. I'm about to go eat the leftovers. It seems like a weird combo, but it just works.
>>
>>7545274
>homemade pappardelle with a pork cheek ragu
Turned out really good, 9/10. Needs a little tweaking to perfect it though.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Last night

Ribeye with red wine sauce, rosemary garlic fingerling potatoes and peppered spinach.
>>
i made pasta primavera with asparagus and peas. it was quite nice but could have used a bit more seasoning and butter. then i had coconut cream pie for dessert

8/10
>>
I made some low carb concoction last night. Fucking Atkins. Basically spaghetti squash bolognese made with chorizo instead of ground beef. For low carb it was really very good, 8/10. spaghetti squash is the fucking tits.
>>
>>7545274
>Lentil Stew
4/10
My roommate boiled some water at an incredibly high heat on the burner right next to my simmering lentils. It ended up burning the corner and gave the entire stew an ashy taste. It's at least edible.
>>
Chicken breast and new potatoes with a herby/garlicky butter. 6/10. All cooked pretty much perfectly, just a bit of a boring dish. Could have done with some carrots or something to go with it.
>>
File: CiDDTPy.jpg (39 KB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
CiDDTPy.jpg
39 KB, 595x335
Last night I made some mostacholi with some Italian sausage. It was ok I guess. I make a bunch and eat on it for a few days.
>>
Whole wheat spaghetti (obtained in bulk off craigslist for free) with six-cheese sauce (ragu, 1.50 on sale) and half a package of frozen meatballs from the dollar store.

7/10
I ate a lot of it, it was cheap, and it was easy. I like the dollar-store meatballs far more than I care to admit, in a McDonald's-y kind of way.
It sounds sad. But then, I am sad. Something to be said for consistency.
>>
File: c3a4rtsoppa[1].jpg (698 KB, 2469x1213) Image search: [Google]
c3a4rtsoppa[1].jpg
698 KB, 2469x1213
Homemade pea soup (not my pic)
7/10
Tasty, but a bit too thick and a little cold.

The aftermath though, I swear to god, the weather's beyond foul smelling, it's downright poisonous.
I'm feeling sick and getting a headache from staying holed up in my room while letting loose.
>>
>>7545317
>fläskpannkaka with no pork
Fucking mongols.
>>
File: duck-breast-medium-rare.jpg (3 MB, 4912x3264) Image search: [Google]
duck-breast-medium-rare.jpg
3 MB, 4912x3264
I scored a couple of duck breasts, rubbed them with salt, pepper and cayenne, seared them either side in a pan and then finished them off in the oven

then I made up a sauce of chicken stock, soy sauce, honey, chilli powder, ginger and lime juice, reduced it down

then I stir fried some spring onions with some noodles, beansprouts and chopped red peppers

stir fried veg in the bowl, slices of duck breast on top, pour the sauce over. I would rate 7.5/10, next time I will do the duck for less time in the oven, reduce the sauce further and add corn or mangetout or something to the veg

pic related is how I wanted them to be, but IRL they were a touch too well done
>>
>>7545274
Pikes peak roast, roasted potatoes and carrots. Made a mushroom and onion gravy from the stock. French bread and fresh sliced tomatoes on the side.
10/10

Did it myself, tasted great, ate it all.
>>
>>7545739

I was about to say it looks amazing before I read your last sentence...
>>
>>7545746
kek
>>
>>7545274
about a 1.5 gallons of beer, 3 gin&tonics and a package of MRE pretzel sticks.

3/10
>>
File: ribs2.jpg (219 KB, 1085x609) Image search: [Google]
ribs2.jpg
219 KB, 1085x609
Made some awesome slow cooked short ribs, similar to Gordon Ramsay's recipe. Let it cook in lots of garlic, onion, wine, and beef broth for over 5 hours, the meat fell right off the bone during cooking. They were amazingly tender. Had smashed and baked red potatoes and garlic bread on the side
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2446x2968) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2446x2968
Made steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli/cauliflower. It was delicious, I cooked the steak perfectly to my liking. My S/O prefers theirs more medium but I like mine this way.
9/10 easily.
>>
>>7545274
Just some Nissan cup noodles. Gonna shoot a load into my own mouth for dessert.
>>
just boiled up a load of mushrooms, onions and green beans in a big pot, strained most of the water then stewed them for a bit in a mix of BBQ, chili and cajun seasonings and added some wholegrain rice
>made enough for the next few days.

8/10
I make it a lot so I obviously like it, though I'm not sure just anyone would
>>
Rack of lamb roasted over a blackberry wine sauce with shallots. Side of salad and red potatoes.

7/10. Rack of lamb is so fucking expensive I always feel like I'm not getting the full value of it some days.
>>
I made chicken and pork adobo out of some chicken drumsticks and pork shoulder I had in the freezer.

Marinated the pork and chicken over night in some soy sauce and a shitload of chopped garlic. Seared all the drumsticks and chunks of pork then cooked some thinly sliced onion in the pot to scrape up all the browned bits. Also added a bunch more chopped garlic, soy sauce, cider vinegar, water, some sugar, a few bay leaves, salt, pepper and some crushed red pepper since I like it spicy. Let it simmer for a couple hours, then took off the lid and turned up the heat for another hour or so to let the sauce reduce and thicken up a bit.

Had it with some rice and a salad.

I'd give it I guess a 7/10. It was pretty good, nothing amazing or particularly complicated but it was tasty. I've got enough leftovers for a few more meals out of it too.
>>
>>7545274
Pork street tacos
Solid 7/10 would try making beef
>>
>>7545874
a nice gray on the outside and a recently thawed mush in the middle, el perfecto
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.