[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Texas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: 2000px-Texas_flag_map.svg.png (86 KB, 2000x1952) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Texas_flag_map.svg.png
86 KB, 2000x1952
I'm moving to Texas soon guys, what should I try there? Any speciality?
>>
>>7544578
Incest.
>>
>>7544578
where in texas? its a big state
>>
TACOS TACOS TACOS TACOS

also Tres Leches cake and Horchata
>>
>>7544578
pls dont move to Austin OP we're full
>>
>>7544578
If you're moving to Houston, eat out a lot, lots of good options. If you're moving to Austin, get some food truck grubs and enjoy all the hipsters. If you're going rural, learn the ways of the BBQ.

If you're moving to Dallas, hahahaha good fucking luck with that. I hope you like mediocre food and the color brown.
>>
>>7544583
Austin>>7544596
Sorry mate, not full enough
>>
>>7544747
you'd better at least be from Louisiana. We dont like california faggots in ATX. We even have bumper stickers that say "californians belong in california" But we will allow our retarded cousins from the gulf to come hang
>>
>>7544754
>We dont like
>we will allow

no one cares what you think my friend
>>
>>7544747
cant you go ANYWHERE else? texas is nearly the size of europe. You could go to el paso, arlington, san marcos, san antonio, galveston. why do you HAVE to move to austin? its not nearly as cool as everyone says. Its really expensive and turning into a wannabe los angeles. All the good concerts cost over 100 dollars for decent spots nowadays and the income gap is ungodly huge. You could literally live in Hawaii OP. You could live in Vegas, you could live in Miami. Why do you have to come here
>>
all the nightlife consists of the same bars with a different sign and there's like 3 festivals a month fucking all the traffic up. its not that cool here OP
>>
>>7544578
Lone Star beer
>>
Also listen to W.A.S.P. - Blind in Texas every morning
>>
(Austin)
>if you like tex mex
Matt's El Rancho is good, or the 9 million other places.

>if you like diner food
Magnolia Cafe

>if you like country food
Hill's cafe

>if you like BBQ
Lockhart- Kreuz or Black's.

>if you are from California
assimilate or fuck off
>>
>>7544578
Hey Op, I'm from Austin. I will gladly show you around town- to all the best spots for grub. Unless of course, you're too autistic for that.
Pls respond. :( I need friends.
>>
>>7544794
fuck OP let's go to pinballz homie i aint doin shit
>>
>>7544807
I love pinballz.

Dude let's go.
Umm... How do we do this? Do I give you my number or what?
>>
>>7544882
eh, ill be there at 2. I got long ass jew hair but i am not jew. Ask me if i have any grey poupon.
>>
>>7544882
>>7544905
Someone is about to get raped
>>
All that AMAZING food (that's actually just stolen from Mexico)
>>
>>7544905
Ugh I can't today. :(

Add me on Skype or snapchat and hit me up next time you go.
Username (for both):
BreanneSaldivar
>>
>>7544955
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>7544578
where are you from?
>>
>>7544578

kolaches (donut shops have them)

dr pepper

tex mex

Texas BBQ

and find a fat black lady to make you some fried chicken, redbeans , cornbread combo and ur set welcome to texas fucker
>>
>>7545223

also diabetes inducing sweet tea
>>
>>7544955
>BreanneSaldivar
Chanwhore nostalgia.
>>
>>7544578
Drink the beer. Texas has a lot of good breweries.
>>
>>7544955
pls be my gf
>>
>>7544754
W-what's wrong with Californians? I was thinking of visiting or something. I'm Asian, but I'm not a Bernout. What would it be like for me?
>>
>>7544754
What about people from Indiana?
Was thinking about moving to Austin soon. The midwest is so unbearable.
>>
>>7545718
I'm a Californian in Texas, aside from the occasional language barrier, they're pretty nice. Just don't ever bring up politics and have fun shooting guns.
>>
>>7545758
>politics
Why, exactly? Just curious. Would you be crucified for being a lefty, or is it something that people get too impassioned about in general for it to be acceptable as public discourse?
>>
>>7545718
Nothing, it's one of the most beautiful states landscape wise. People think all of CA is San Francisco or LA but they're very very wrong.
>>
File: Build the Wall.gif (2 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Build the Wall.gif
2 MB, 450x450
>>7545768
You turn texas into the shithole you left by voteing in the same shit california has turned into then move on to the next state to do the same faggot.
>>
>>7545227
I'm convinced that shit is made by waving a few tea leaves over a saturated sugar solution. There's no tea left.
>>
>>7545768
Eh I'm in the middle of the road as far as politics go, but the shit they believe is just so far out there, it's hard to listen to. And once they get started, it can go on for a while. Fox News and Glenn Beck is literally their only exposure to "news."

Also they have never heard of tri-tip.
>>
>>7545768
Texas has plenty of lefties. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>7544905
>>7544955
Pinballz is close to one of my favorite spots - CoCo's Cafe. The green onion pie is the shit.

Other favorites in that area

Din Ho chinese bbq
Ng BMT
Ramen Tatsu-ya
El Pollo Rico

That Pluckers on Burnet is also pretty good, one of their better locations. A little farther north is Asia Cafe. Dry Wok beef (or pork) is my favorite
>>
I don't know if they have any in Austin but if you can go to Sunset grill. Their burgers are meh but the fires are godlike. so get the fries if you can
>>
>>7545819
Austin definitely does.
>>
>>7545718
nothing. feel free to visit. lets have a blast. just dont move to austin and we're cool. you rich fucknuggets are crowding up the streets and driving the cost of living way up
>>
>>7545879
asia cafe is god tier.
>mfw everything from stir fried intestines with black mushroom to sesame chicken
>>
>>7545795
North Carolina Southernfag here. Can confirm that making sweet tea actually does involve creating a saturated sugar solution. However, you do steep tea bags into said solution for about 15 minutes while it's at a rolling boil, resulting in a super-concentrated tea that is then poured into a pitcher and watered down a little by pouring cold water over the tea bags and into the pitcher. Ancient Southern secret. There's around 1.5 to 2.5 cups of sugar per gallon of sweet tea. Enjoy responsibly.
>>
>>7544747
I have a suggestion for you!

If you're considering moving to Austin, don't!

Just fucking don't!
Don't fucking do it!
I'm 100% deadpan serious. Don't move here it's fucked. You fucking faggots move here in droves, drive up the cost of living and don't provide fuck all to the local economy.

Go fuck yourself and die before you move to Austin because
1) There's no good jobs for you (There aren't)
2) Everything sacred to Austin is being destroyed very very rapidly and you'll be living in the shell of a deceased corpse with out-of-towners desperately trying to pump the heart and get blood flowing
3) Traffic is fucked beyond measure
4) There's nowhere for you to live
5) Just don't.

Fuck off and die but please visit and I'm happy to share good restaurants to hit up when you're in town.
>>
Brisket and kolaches
>>
>>7546042

Gee, white people sure get pissy about gentrification when it happens to them

Source: Young white male living in Pilsen, Chicago
>>
File: tim.jpg (62 KB, 795x470) Image search: [Google]
tim.jpg
62 KB, 795x470
>>7545718
Texan here. Californians and New Yorkers are annoying as fuck because yal keep moving here in droves, making things crowded, and all you do is complain about how much better California and New York is. Fucking move back then you fuckwits we hate you. Chicago keeps moving here too but they are much more tolerable people. Other than that Texans are pretty friendly tolerant folk as long as you don't come here and bitch and complain.
>>
>>7546148
Does "bitch and complain" include being Mexican and/or gay? Because I'm pretty sure most Texans hate those groups pretty unconditionally.
>>
File: picjaviararana.jpg (6 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
picjaviararana.jpg
6 KB, 209x241
>>7546168
No, we actually have a good relationship with the Mexicans. We mostly tolerate them because we like their food and they work hard. Our culture has a lot of Mexican influence and anyone who denies it isn't a real Texan.
>>
>>7546195
true, i mean you guys did steal the land from mexico after imigrating to mexico and refusing to learn the language or culture
>>
>>7546208
We only take what is rightfully ours.
>>
Native-born Texan. My advice:

Go to Shipley's Donuts. Get whatever donuts you like, and get some Kolaches, too. Sausage-jalepeno is my favorite, but there's plenty of variety.
BBQ and Tex-Mex are the most iconic regional food groups.

Go to the county fair (usually around the start of Fall). Indulge in all of the great fair food.
Do not wear a cowboy hat or boots.
Attend a rodeo at least once. Most people in Texas don't really care for it, but it is definitely a part of the culture.
>>
>>7546042
this. Read this OP
dont move here, move anywhere else in the entire world
>>
>>7544754
>We dont like california faggots in ATX
nigga you guys are full of them, thats why the rest of texas hates you

>>7544747
food on autin is pretty good from what ive heard, so anything goes,

dont do torchys tacos those shits are overpriced as fuck and arent as good as people make them out to be
>>
San Antonio will have better tacos than Austin. Whataburger.
>>
>>7546842
Try Taco Palenque, or Palenque Grill?
>>
>>7544578
You should try a new recipe from down south. It's grilled lightly seasoned nigger meat on a bed of fresh romaine lettuce and a squeeze of lemon. ParmeSan on top for a nice kick. :)
>>
File: 41.png (107 KB, 1033x341) Image search: [Google]
41.png
107 KB, 1033x341
>>7546042
>angry homeless detected
>>
File: 1413584863582.jpg (21 KB, 377x560) Image search: [Google]
1413584863582.jpg
21 KB, 377x560
hahahahahaha holy shit Texans are so obsessed with California it's truly sad. You can have the 5% of our population that wants to go there, but I guarantee the rest of us really couldn't give a shit about you.
>>
File: received_1621720468090532.jpg (73 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
received_1621720468090532.jpg
73 KB, 717x960
new houston fag here. i can tell you tx loves briskets, crawfish, and gumbo. as well as tex mex stuff: fajitas. tapatio is a joke. tacos are good; no explanation there.
>>
File: 2014-12-27 14.13.57.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-27 14.13.57.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7547031
So much good asian food in Houston. Austin has some but houston has it all. My current favorite is a place called Mala Sichuan Bistro. Pic related is a cold appetizer of crispy, spicy beltfish. Unbelievably good
>>
>>7546319
>but there's plenty of variety.
Wait what? Are you in a highly Germanic town/city or something? Shipley's I've been to only carry:
>ham & cheese
>sausage
>sausage & cheese
>sauage & jalapeno chiffonade
Wouldn't exactly call that a variety.
>>
>>7547877
Not that guy, but along with those you listed we also have boudain kolaches, plum and cream cheese at ours. There's another type too, I can't remember right now though.
>>
Magnolia Cafe has some goat breakfats
>>
>>7544783
>>7544762
>>7544754
>>7544986
I live in Europe atm, nothing near California obviously.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.