[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anon is stuck living with people who steal food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1423641807056.jpg (130 KB, 425x642) Image search: [Google]
1423641807056.jpg
130 KB, 425x642
Can you suggest any meals that I can make with mostly dry-keep ingredients?

I unfortunately can't really use the refrigerator because things will get stolen and eaten and there isn't really anything I can do about it. I've been having to hide things in my room, or buy things and eat them ASAP. I've been trying to save money on food but with these stipulations it's proving very difficult.

inb4 "move out", I financially can't at this time, so I'm just stuck in a shitty situation. I wish I could get foodstamps to help, but I'm afraid they'll look at this as a household total instead of two separate groups living under one roof.
>>
cashew curry with water, beef jerky, boil in bag brown rice, curry powder, powdered milk and lastly you'll need pepper jack cheese but it should keep for a few days at least unrefrigerated as long as its in a cool environment.
>>
>>7542650
oh and cashews
>>
File: 1450496153688.jpg (269 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1450496153688.jpg
269 KB, 1200x800
>>7542650

Gracias anon. I've been looking into different brands of ramen noodles & rice meals, but eating what amounts to schoolkid lunches can be downright depressing
>>
>>7542619
water chestnuts

also, get a mini-fridge
>>
laxative your food bro
>>
Why not just poison some of your food? I don't mean lethal poison, but something that would make them sick and teach these thieves a lesson.
>>
Are you in socal? I'll sell you a mini fridge for twenty bucks
>>
File: img_1340-2.jpg (342 KB, 1265x1500) Image search: [Google]
img_1340-2.jpg
342 KB, 1265x1500
Canned ham isnt bad I fry it then add it to zatarans jumbalaya when camping, you can also do that with summer sausage too.
>>
>>7542619

spell it out to them real fucking simple that you don't wanna play fuck fuck games any more with them eating your shit

if it happens again then i am with
>>7542818
>>7542815

make the most foul godawful dingleberry infested leftovers and let them eat that shit

then get a mini fridge
>>
>>7542619
Make some exlax brownies, when they are done shitting their guts out they will think twice about eating your food
>>
Fuck ex-lax, get some lactulose it's much more powerful. They will shit themselves to death.
>>
Kick them out. Take them to small claims court. Report them to the police. Steal their shit and sell it to buy groceries. Beat them with a belt. Beat them to death with a hammer.

Assuming you've already explained to them that this is absolutely disgusting and wildly inappropriate behavior, of course.

This is no way to fucking live.
>>
>>7542818
I honestly think this is the best approach.

They can't reasonably confront you over poisoning your own food, and if they do you can simply deny it and then ask why they were eating your food in the first place.
>>
>>7542619

Buy your groceries in smaller batches and eat it the day you get them.
>>
Mini fridge with a lock.
>>
Invest in the following things:
Microwave
Mini fridge
Single burner
Steamer or rice cooker

You can make anything with these items without leaving your room to do anything but wash your dishes, as I came to learn in college. The first two can be found cheaply on craigslist and the last two on amazon
>>
>>7543558
been doing this for a while as I have very unpredictable cooking/eating habits, not the best if you intend on cooking for yourself every single day though
>>
>>7542619
Unless these are family members, the welfare office treats you as your own household. Apply. Get dat EBT card.
>>
Put capsaicin extract in food leftovers
>>
>>7542619

rice and beans, pasta(canned/jarred sauce, it will keep out of the fridge even when opened for 3-4 days) chicken soup(canned chicken, canned veg, boullion, biscuits, breads, pancakes, oatmeal(dried fruit mixed in), eggs(eggs will keep out of the fridge or hard boil them) potatoes, onions, cabbage, melons, all will keep at room temp. sparkling water, soda, coffee, cereal, toast,

basically anything except fresh greens or meats, dude.

also, sack up and put a stop to the stealing, jesus
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.