[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try out a new recipe >it's rank as hell, absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: img_0370.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3525) Image search: [Google]
img_0370.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3525
>try out a new recipe
>it's rank as hell, absolutely inedible
>feel bad about throwing it away - even homeless people wouldn't eat it

What's her name, /ck/? I tried a different recipe for BBQ pork and it ended up tasting like spoiled pork amplified.
>>
>>7542427
never fucked up so bad it was inedible. i did a lemon capers and chicken kinda thing from foodwishes that was strong on the lemon side, but it was edible.
>>
>>7542427
Wat was the recipe?
>>
poo poo platter
>>
>>7542478
I used real poo poo even but it wasn't very good.
>>
>>7542470
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/232681/char-siu-chinese-bbq-pork/

Followed it to the letter. Ultimately I believe my recipe to be far superior because it doesn't taste like rotted alcohol.
>>
>>7542500
Hmm doesn't look inedible...I've made similar stuff before. I'd ditch the 5 spice, food coloring, and ketchup. Add pineapple juice, ginger, green onions, garlic, and powder mustard.
---

How long/ how hot you cook it?
>>
>>7542427
Bread with Cheese Chive and Garlic in
Rolled it too thin and jelly rolled it too many times
Didn't leave it to rise enough in the bread tin
Too much cheese
Came out a dense fucking mess waste of roasting the garlic and time I was ashamed
>>
>>7542519
Cooked it for an hour on medium heat over the grill along with steam.

The meat itself was perfectly fine and the batch I used with my marinade tasted fine but this came out tasting almost exactly like rotting pork with a large hint of alcohol. Didn't even taste like the rice wine I used, tasted closer to vodka.
>>
>>7542528
I refrigerate my rice wine vinegar, it could be that. You really don't need much of that stuff.
>>
>>7542528
The alcohol should evaporate too when cooked
>>
This isn't really related, but is pork not at it's best right when it starts to turn? Just when the blood starts to get a little dark it picks up some incredible flavours. I've never gotten sick from it, but I'm afraid to serve it to other people. I do the same with beef.
>>
>>7542466
Chicken picatta?
>>
>>7542500
I've actually used that exact recipe for some pork spare ribs and then smoked them. Came out great, you dun fucked up bruh.
>>
>>7542500
>allrecipes
red flag
>pork tenderloin, ketchup, red food coloring
ABANDON SHIP!

How do you people not inherently know when the recipe is fubar?
>>
>>7542500
>food coloring
>2 TABLESPOONS of food coloring

Good God why?!
>>
Food coloring was the first red flag, and that seems like its a hit heavy on the vinegar seeing as its really just meant to add a tangy offset to the sweet stuff. Also seems like a lot of soy sauce as well. Those 2 ingredients especially if used too heavily will mask most of what else is going on in your dish. Did it taste like soy sauce and vinegar?
>>
>be making chicken tortellini
>create a bechamel sauce base from scratch
>go to add the flour
>accidentally dump in five times as much as I needed
>fuck it guess I'm having pasta with gravy
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 478x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 478x640
>>7542427
AGH!! FUCK YOU, OPIE!!

i almost forgot about the steak 'n' stilton pie i tried to birth two weeks past. i had been sipping on the key ingredient to my vodka pie crust, and purchased oxtail and chuck to have a flavorful filling.

i never had a british meat pie before, it's all i wanted. i don't know where i fucked up; the sugar in the pie crust, the rank bleu cheese, maybe the uncontrollable umaminess of the oxtail. it was horrible.
>>
>>7543484
OP confirmed for literally useless, shit cook.
>>
>>7542427

braised lamb shanks with rosemary. I tried to make myself eat it but couldn't get into it and ended up giving them to my dog.

I think the lamb might've just been bad, it was really stinky unwrapping the cloth around it and I got it from a halal market that occasionally has oxidized / spoiled looking meat on display.
>>
HAHA
>>
>>7543592
m8 british meat pies are great shit but like
theyre not something you lsut for
theyre pleb grub made to satiate fat builders
like me
>>
This is why you should own a cocker spaniel.
>>
>>7542427
Chicken adobo. It was for a Christmas party. So tragic.
>>
https://sortedfood.com/recipe/9785

>225g butter
>420g sugar
>250g flour

What in the actual fuck? Most blondie/brownie recipe call for relatively equal amounts of sugar, flour, and butter, but this one requires 220g white + 200g brown sugar. Their videos are pretty bad, but holy shit their recipes are disasters.
>>
>>7544096

how can you fuck up adobo? just cut it with more soy sauce lol
>>
>>7542500
NEVER follow allrecipes recipes to the letter. They should only be used as inspiration for things you can add or vary on a tried and true recipe from a legitimate website/cook. Theres always something wrong with their recipes.
>>
I once cooked this 15 bean soup thing. It had Lima beans in it and they made the whole thing taste terrible
>>
>>7542500
>2 tablespoons red food coloring
Amazing.
>>
File: 1425923496955.gif (316 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
1425923496955.gif
316 KB, 500x286
>>7542500
>food coloring
>>
File: 1312076983515.jpg (74 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1312076983515.jpg
74 KB, 240x240
>>7542500

>food coloring
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.