[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taboo food clubs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: FreshmanDrgon.jpg (49 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
FreshmanDrgon.jpg
49 KB, 640x359
In The Freshman (1990) Mathew Broderick gets hired by his gangster uncle to transport endangered species to a big NYC hotel, where an elite top-secret global gathering of billionaires eat them. If they manage to capture the very last specimen of a species, the bid starts at one million dollars.

Ever heard rumors or read stories about real life endangered species eating secret clubs?
>>
The Glutton Club is the only one that comes to mind. I don't think it was secret though.
>>
Damn, I've been trying to remember the name of that movie forever.

My earliest memories of going to the movie theater were watching that and Joe Vs the Volcano.

But no, my family had money growing up, but not enough to be part of secret, endangered species eating clubs.

It seems to me that anyone with enough disposable income to spend on something like that would have their own people to take care of that kind of thing, and not need to join a club.
>>
File: turtle eggs.jpg (57 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
turtle eggs.jpg
57 KB, 528x960
There's an excellent but fictional short story by Neil Gaiman about The Epicurean Club.

Here it is for your reading pleasure:
http://m.litread.me/read/128015/103701-104805?page=97

Where I come from you eat endangered species if you wish but it's no great secret. Pic related.
>>
The rarest animal I've ever eaten was a steak from Hell's Kitchen.
Thanks red team...
>>
Mathew Broderick killed a woman in 1987...
>>
>>7541706
Yes, /tv/, thank you.
>>
>>7541706
He killed two people;
"On August 5, 1987, Broderick was vacationing in Ireland with his girlfriend Jennifer Grey, when the rented BMW he was driving, crossed into the wrong lane and collided head-on with another vehicle carrying two passengers. The accident killed 28 year old Anna Gallagher and her mother, 63 year old Margaret Doherty."
>>
>>7541594
Chinese boner and fertility 'medicine'?
>>
>>7541812
Didn't some outfit like that try to serve Angel's werewolf gf for moonlight dinner?
>>
>>7542904
wat
>>
>>7541706
>>7542742

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you might commit vehicular manslaughter in 1987."

Starwipe is genius.
>>
File: 3293971207196730666.jpg (21 KB, 268x340) Image search: [Google]
3293971207196730666.jpg
21 KB, 268x340
>>7541674
Epicurianism isabout achieving pleasure by limiting one's desires. It can be categorized as a form of hedonism, but not an exuberant one.
>>
>>7541694
kek
>>
File: japanese cuisine.png (113 KB, 953x680) Image search: [Google]
japanese cuisine.png
113 KB, 953x680
>>7541594
>>
There was that episode of No Reservations where Anthony Bourdain ate that endangered baby bird.
>>
>>7545683
where was he? China?
>>
>>7545734
I want to say Sicily or Italy. He had to have a good contact. They blind folded him and led him into a room without the camera crew. The dish is an endangered baby bird that the flash cook, then squish the innards through its mouth and into the customer. He said it was very good.
>>
>>7545748
Is it like ortolan?
>>
>>7545627
but asexual means you reproduce on your own.
humans cant be asexual.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.