[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do olives taste like? I'm 29 and I've never eaten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Fresh-olive-mix.jpg (78 KB, 576x395) Image search: [Google]
Fresh-olive-mix.jpg
78 KB, 576x395
What do olives taste like?

I'm 29 and I've never eaten one.

What's a good starter dish to enjoy their flavour?
>>
You're 29? Jesus fucking christ. Nobody should have to tell you what olives taste like, go to the fucking grocery store and buy some olives.
>>
>>7540519
But if I don't like the taste then it's a waste of money
>>
>>7540528
Do you envision some magical scenario where you can taste olives without paying for them?
>>
>>7540528
>life involves risks
>i'm never going outside
seek help
>>
a lot of ritzy grocery stores have buffets and they usually have olive bars. when I'm feeling hungry and cheap sometimes I stop by and graze from the olive selection. i also fucking love olives
>>
>>7540541
/thread

that being said, just ask a storekeeper if you can sample some. they'd be happy to let you.

they're salty and briny, hard to describe if you've never had one.
>>
>>7540508
autism
>>
>>7540528
If you do like the taste and never try it, you waste the rest of your life not enjoying olives.
Are you really not willing to spend $3? Next time you go to a salad bar, try all varieties of olives they have, if any.
>>
>>7540508
Tapenade
>>
>>7540508
like a salty kinda avocado its a warm flavour and fills your mouth
>>
They taste like sweat.
>>
>>7540508

Yuck, don't eat olives they're disgusting my mom wanted me to eat some but I told her to go to hell, she said if I didn't eat one then I wouldn't get my tendies and choco milk drink so I pooped my pants and told her she can wash my iron man undie wundies. Needless to say she didn't hold out on tendies again, even after the dogs asshole fell out. Brb OP gonna go tell mommy that I posted it again so she can see I have friends online.
>>
>>7540560
He's American. Cheapest people on Earth.
>>
>>7540694
We won't spend a little more to not have poop in our meat.
>>
>>7540508
Olives that are stored in brine are cheaper but taste kinda mef, if you don't rinse it off first. You're best off going to the deli counter and just picking up a lil' $1 pot of the ones that are kept in oil
>>
>>7540694
You should be able to tell from my post I'm not American, stupid cunt
>>
It's an aquired taste. You're not gonna like it

It's bitter and acidic
>>
>>7540721
so you never ate an olive. thanks for the info.
>>
>>7540508
On your first try they'll taste salty and almost fishy in a way.

Throw some in a bolognaise sauce or scrambled eggs, cunt.
>>
>>7540694

>cheapest people on earth

I love shitposting about amerifats as much as everyone else but come on, they walk arounx tipping everybody and when they're out of tilping cash they clap, say what you want but they're not cheap.
>>
>>7540508
Spiced olives are the best.
>>
>>7540694
Israel has the cheapest people on Earth.
>>
They're delicious. Salty, a little bit savory, with a nice texture. Learn to like them, the go very well on salads.
>>
File: AH HAHAH FAGGOT.jpg (3 KB, 101x125) Image search: [Google]
AH HAHAH FAGGOT.jpg
3 KB, 101x125
>>7540689
>>
>>7540508
Don't listen to these hicks, not all are salty and acidic, some are sweet and oily or garlic and vinegar tasting, depends, a bit of variety in the way olives taste. Don't bother with canned olives, go to a grocery store and sample them all for free, they usually allow you to sample them. Where are you from?
>>
>>7540508
Is it odd to eat olives plain? I eat half a cup every night as a side
>>
>>7540508
I hope you die before you reach 30, you fucking waste of space.
>>
>>7541226
What type of olives? I hope you buy them "loose" especially if you eat so much of them.
>>
>>7541173
Finland
>>
>>7542380
Look for loose sold Greek, Italian and Moroccan olives, most markets will let you sample them before buying, so taste away. If you're looking for sweet, go for the black olives that look like dried up prunes. If you want a salt garlic vinegar flavor, look for the big green olives that should have bits of garlic on them. Then there are Kalamata olives, big dark purple olives, they're hard to describe flavor wise, it's a vinegar with salt taste, but then a bit bitter flavorful. If you find you don't like how any taste, put your hands around your neck and choke yourself and roll up your eyes, the people behind the counter will understand.
>>
>>7540738
They're cheap so they can spend their money on tips
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.