[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hot sauce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
What's your favorite hot sauce, /ck/?

I've been on a hot sauce binge as of late. Have tried the typical ones like Sriracha, Franks, Texas Petes, etc. Havent quite found the one yet

Ever make your own hot sauce?

Hot sauce
>>
Tapatío and Valentina black label are the only ones I need 2bhfam
>>
>>7539198
Is cholula good?
>>
File: elyucateco.jpg (56 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
elyucateco.jpg
56 KB, 800x800
>>7539198
I love El Yucateco personally.
>>
>>7539356
it's my favorite. i just wish it came in very large bottles because it's expensive in those little bottles and i can use half of one on a meal.

the smoky chipotle version or whatever is like a circus on your tongue.
>>
File: images.jpg (16 KB, 343x429) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16 KB, 343x429
What is this sauce like?

I just bought a bottle from eBay, I mostly plan on using it to prank people and dare them to try a spoon full.
>>
>>7539356
I like it. It's not very hot, but it has a nice flavor.
>>
File: 5-HotSauce.png (82 KB, 144x393) Image search: [Google]
5-HotSauce.png
82 KB, 144x393
I've been putting this shit on everything for 10+ years
>>
I'm stuck with Franks. Can't say it doesn't do the trick, but I'd like to expand my selection.
>>
>>7539365
correct answer, the xxxtra hot is my favorite personally, but they're all good
>>
File: 1191CC-2[1].jpg (39 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1191CC-2[1].jpg
39 KB, 300x400
Has anyone tried this? Or any Dave's sauces for that matter? I've got this in the mail now, Caribbean sounded tasty
>>
File: tropical_pepper_co_naga.jpg (153 KB, 576x850) Image search: [Google]
tropical_pepper_co_naga.jpg
153 KB, 576x850
Someone gifted this to me for Easter. It's not as spicy as the boxing wants you to believe, but it has a delightful aroma.
>>
>>7539378
Hottest sauce I've ever tried. Most economical way of spicing up large amounts of food because you need so little.
Actually tastes alright if you can get used to the heat.
Great way of fooling people into thinking the heat will be gone is adding it to thin soups. There's a kick but if they're the kind of person who drinks the last of it once the solids are gone, they're in for a treat.

>>7539462
Had a bottle of Dave's ghost pepper sauce.
Also good for adding to dishes but doesn't taste nice on its own.

Personal favourite balance of heat and flavour is pic related.
>>
Making your own is usually the best. Hatch green chilis, kiwis, tomatillos, and fresh honey with onion and garlic. That shit went into the larger Red Hot bottle, but only lasted a couple of weeks.

Seriously though, all hot sauces are different, and have their own niche to fill that pairs well with different foods. There is no objectively better or worse.
>>
File: tiger-sauce-800px-800px.jpg (265 KB, 759x800) Image search: [Google]
tiger-sauce-800px-800px.jpg
265 KB, 759x800
breddy gud
>>
>>7539618
What do you put that on? I have a bottle in my fridge and haven't used a ton of it. I've tried it on tacos but it seemed too sweet for mexican food. I was thinking maybe roast beef or some kind of sandwich
>>
>>7539637
It's pretty good on sub sandwiches.
>>
>>7539408
>>7539374
>>7539198

If you guys can get it you should try the chipotle cholula. I like it better than the original and I think it might be a little bit hotter than the original flavor
>>
>>7539685
Also disregard my name, sorry
>>
File: mark_3_037.jpg (23 KB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
mark_3_037.jpg
23 KB, 300x263
another vote for team Valentina.

I prefer the normal kind, the black label just tasted strange to me.
>>
>>7539198
Louisiana is god-tier for wings. I also like Tabasco on eggs.
>>
I haven't tried very many but my favorite of the ones I have is probably the garlic Tabasco
>>
File: buttlava.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
buttlava.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
slathered on eggs
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (20 KB, 208x500) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
20 KB, 208x500
>>7539200
>>7539903

#TeamValentina

I honestly didn't other people to know about it. I just assumed that people would look at the price and see that it doesn't have a fancy label and assume that it's just a cheap hot sauce.

I tried it for the first time in an effort to be more frugal in my shopping (97¢ for a big 12oz bottle) and haven't looked back since.
>>
>>7540375
Really good, but also really really spicy
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>7539198
I'm new here, what's wrong with Tabasco?
>>
>>7540769

/ck/ doesn't like it because it's too hot, but everyone just says that it tastes like vinegar. I for one love tabasco sauce more than anything else, if I wouldn't have stomach problems I could chug a whole bottle and I'd be happy.
>>
>>7539365
When I bought this at the store all the Mexican workers were looking at me an snickering like it was going to be too hot for me...its hardly hot and a shitty hot sauce
>>
commercially, I like Cholua.

I've made my own sauces before, mostly fruit based. (mango/pineapple-habanero most recently).

I'm currently doing a DIY chemical extraction of capsaicin from habanero peppers using 95% EtOH (Everclear) as my solvent. About 500ml of solution left to evaporate, and the solution is already about 10x the heat of a habanero.

More than likely going to use it in a vinegar based hot sauce.
>>
File: da real shit.jpg (24 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
da real shit.jpg
24 KB, 540x540
This stuff all the way.
>>
>>7540823
>>7540823
Should I try Tabasco sauce? I think Frank's Red tastes like vinegar.
>>
>>7541050
good luck paying almost 4 bucks for a med bottle really good but expensive.
>>
>>7539198
>>7539374

you can get bottles of cholula for free if you take them from the salsa bar at taco bueno
>>
>>7539685
this. chipotle cholula is god tier
>>
Only can get Tabasco, Sriracha, Beer and Habenero smoking stampede, and Frank's here, would like to try more.

I especially love how lots of hot sauces have amazing names like "Angry Cock", " Shit the bed", and "Puckerbutt's Shoot that's Hot".
>>
>>7539462
I believe someone in an older thread mention the heat was nice but it tastes like a buffalo's rotten asshole
It was the regular version tho
>>
>>7540858
It's pretty hot by grocery store hot sauce standards. particularly the green and the xxxtra hot. The red is milder. I prefer it mostly because of the flavor and liking a thicker hot sauce though.
>>
>>7539685
I like that one, too. I don't really perceive it being much hotter than the original, but there's a little bit more of a piquant spiciness to the flavor. It's pretty good. I don't really need super hot hot sauce, but I like interesting ones. The taste of a basic one like Tobasco is boring to me. Two notes: hot and vinegary. And that's fine if it compliments the food, but it'll never be the star of the show to me in a really simple dish. It's hard to describe hot sauce flavors without using faggoty words.
>>
>>7539356
My favorite for breakfast tacos/anything with eggs. Don't use it on anything else tho.
>>
>>7539462
I'm the guy that posted this, reporting back now that i received this sauce

Damn, it's super tasty, lots of garlic and lime flavor on top of the habeneros. To be honest though, I was expecting it to have more kick. It's definitely spicy, but for dave's to list it as "Hot", or towards the top of their chart, I was thinking it would be worse. I may have to step it up to the insanity sauce next time. I'm currently just eating tortillas rolled up with this sauce in it
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.