[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you have to say about this /ck/ was the delivery per
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: late pizza.png (279 KB, 623x309) Image search: [Google]
late pizza.png
279 KB, 623x309
What do you have to say about this /ck/ was the delivery person in the wrong or were the nurses?

http://the-daily.buzz/nurse-pizza-rude-note/?utm_content=inf_4_1163_2&tse_id=INF_cb80fba0ff3146919bdb0801d465f284
>>
If you're lucky enough to have a job take it serious.

Whether the message is rude or just "begging" is a matter of interpretation though, to me it sounds a bit desperate Tbh, like they just want to go home after a long day in their shitty, unappreciated job.
>>
>>7538657
>was the delivery person in the wrong or were the nurses?

Why can't they both be in the wrong?
>>
if your workplace is open until 12 and someone orders food at 11:59, they have every right to do so

yeah, it is a bitch. and yeah, it is a little inconsiderate.

the delivery guy's note was lame. the nurses' response was lame.

basically, they're both bitches.

it's not that big of a deal in the long-run.
>>
>someone did something that hurt my feelings
>better tell the news!

fuck em
>>
>>7538657
>The restaurant was open until 12:00. If you don't think they should have to fulfill customers' orders past 11:55, then close at 11:55. Oh, wait, then you'll be bitching about having to do your job at 11:55.

This.
>>
>>7538747

Yep, this 100%. I've even had food industry jobs and got slammed right before we closed. Big fucking deal you have to to 5 minutes of cleaning up again.

Eat shit.
>>
File: 0303-whatchamacallit-01.jpg (73 KB, 575x350) Image search: [Google]
0303-whatchamacallit-01.jpg
73 KB, 575x350
>>7538657
This is the ultimate first world problem if I've ever heard it.

>We didn't appreciate the mean NOTE on our FRESHLY COOKED food that got DELIVERED to us, so we are going to contact the fucking news

...and the news made it an actual story?

Not saying that it wasn't kind of bitchy of them to write a note but holy shit get over it.
>>
I would have complained to tge manager the next day. Fair enough if there is a 'last orders 23:30' policy which I have seen before, but if the restaurant accepts your order that implies the staff are paid to work past midnight and are sell aware of what they are in for.

If ordering close to finish I also tend to give a much more generous tip.
>>
>>7538657
why not both?
you dont tell the nurse that, you make her a shitty pizza.

the nurse on the other hand pulled out her ass that the polite if foolish comment was actually hostile (it fucking wasn't) it was spread to the media to garner attentions controversy and shit storms, her social sin is far greater than the disgruntled, likely under 21 employee
>>
File: 1457299536737.jpg (51 KB, 601x338) Image search: [Google]
1457299536737.jpg
51 KB, 601x338
MUH FEEFEES

I BETTER TELL THE NEWS

I bet they were hamplanets.
>>
Delivery guy was stupid for vocalizing his disdain.

Nurses were stupid for making such a big deal out of it.

"The customer is always right" is the most abhorrent notion in the service world. Everyone acts like an entitled brat and us workers are supposed to bend over backwards and take it up the ass because of this misguided idea that the company will make more money in the long run. At the end of the day its one fucking sentence on a piece of cardboard, get over it you fucking babies.

The thing that pisses me off the most about this are all the comments from bougie old people who are saying they'll never order from Domino's ANYWHERE because one guy at one Domino's in a news story was a little passive aggressive.
>>
He shouldn't have taken the order if he was gonna bitch, it takes 30 to 45 minutes for delivery. Taking the order is going to make him work overtime without pay, so just tell people no delivery after 10.
>>
>>7538814
I work at Domino's and I've closed the store as a delivery driver many many times. The people who close the store work longer than non-closers and get the same amount of pay as everyone else. This dude was probably tired as fuck and wanted to go to sleep, and was pretty cranky to have to make another delivery. Domino's also usually only has 3 employees in the after midnight orders, one who stays in the store and two drivers, and when lots of people order late there's no way to put all the orders through in a timely manner, and only after all the orders are completed can we even begin to start cleaning up for the night.

The employee should have held his tongue though, but fuck these entitled nurses
>>
>>7538657
>know it's a shitty thing to do
>declare a simple, mild and polite note to be the rudest thing ever conceived
>decide that hurt feels need something bigger
>contact news
>as a busy mother tier shit
>>
>>7538827
"The customer is always right" only works when the customer doesn't know about it. If they do, assholes will use it to extract whatever they want from employees.
>>
>>7538657
I've never seen a pizza place that doesn't have a policy of no delivery orders within 30 minutes of closing
>>
>>7538657

http://archive.is/q3Lfb
>>
The delivery cunt is absolutely wrong as fuck. You don't complain to a customer about your fucking hours.
>>
File: 0-dollar-tip-copy[1].jpg (23 KB, 700x320) Image search: [Google]
0-dollar-tip-copy[1].jpg
23 KB, 700x320
>>7538846
Wow, I ordered a pizza from a place that sells pizza during their business hours

now they're sending me rude notes, but I'm the one who's entitled.

fuck you pizza bitch, enjoy the tip
>>
The nurses. There was nothing ride or hostile about that, they just interpreted it like that because it's text.

Many times people will come through my work 5 to 1 minute before close and apologize for getting there at that time. Of course I"m pissed, but I tell them they're fine, or it's ok, even if we had a rush for the last 2 hours and couldn't get any of our closing stuff done. I realize in my anger that people could be coming back home from a trip, simply not able to have come any sooner; or stopping somewhere while on a road trip.

But these pieces of shit nurses, they could have ordered at any point hours prior, so fuck them.
>>
>>7538731

This. I think it is a stupid thing to bitch about, but realistically, he was right (even though it was a total bitch thing to order next to close).

But to go to the fucking news? Are your feelings that hurt, you stupid fuck?
>>
Really, it needs to be the law of the land that everyone must work fast food for at least 6 months in teir life. They gain so much perspective and understanding, and treat people better in the long run.
>>
File: 1452478437751.jpg (68 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1452478437751.jpg
68 KB, 431x450
>>7538907
How retarded are you?

If your hours are 8-5 and I come in at 4:59 it's your responsibility to serve me. Any small business owner would and that's what any employee should also do, their actions are representative of the company.

It's not my problem if your hours suck, and I shouldn't have to hear you complain about them.
This employee should be fired.

Also, the nurse didn't send it to the news, her friend did.
>>
>>7538846
Enjoy the overpriced amalgamation of fat and grease you lazy disgusting slob. Our medium dough costs us like 1 dollar each, but you morons pay way more than that to avoid having to leave your throne of gluttony at 1 in the morning.
>>
>>7538925
what happened to totalbiscuit?
>>
>>7538925
meant to reply to >>7538893
>>
>>7538907
This may be alarming to you, but healthcare workers (not only nurses) often end up working overtime and surprise! they work odd hours (7a-7p, 7p-7a, 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a). I'd imagine the nurses in this scenario were probably doing 3-11 and ended up staying an hour or two late or were told they were going to work a double, so they ordered pizza from a reliable delivery place.

Are you so daft that you can't see outside of your bubble and empathize? not everyone is a worthless NEET or has a 9-5.

inb4 hurr they piked dat job XD

Fuck off, healthcare workers have probably saved you or one of your beloved family members more than once.
>>
>>7538935
Joke's on you, I don't eat dominoes.

but the customers were in the right and I still never tip pizza bitches
>>
>>7538893
Hitler?
>>
A nurse's job is far more important than a fucking pizza delivery service, and if you're open until a time, you stay open until that time. Nurses are generally over-worked anyways.

that's being said, a friendly reminder that ordering at the last possible minute is reasonable and the nurses pulled a fucking dick move not only doing that, but alerting the news against a business that probably doesn't pull enough money to give a shit.

I make it a point to never order 15 minutes before closing because I worked in a restaurant as a disher and nothing is more annoying than having to wash a giant cutting board by hand, only to do it again 10 minutes later because some old fucks wanted a cheeseburger at 10:05pm
>>
The person who's really in the wrong is the writer.

God Damn he writes like a passive aggressive 16 year old queer drama club student.
>>
>>7538657
>male nurse
>bitching about rude pizza delivery

not surprised desu

>this is the rudest thing I have ever seen!
fucking cuck be thankful you live in an area where you don't have to deal with ridiculous shit on a daily basis
>>
>>7538657
Everyone in this article is a stupid asshole, including the author
>>
This is retarded and I have seen it way to many times In the food industry.
>But its closing, EVERYONE HAS TO STOP MAKING ME WORKKK MOREEE
>ITS 12:59:59 YOUR STILL OPEN I WANT THE BIGGGEST ORDER OF EVERYTHING..

moral of the story everyone is a dickhead
>>
File: 1429091679813.png (87 KB, 165x244) Image search: [Google]
1429091679813.png
87 KB, 165x244
>>7538657
I'm not clicking the link because it looks like clickbait.

But from what I can tell from replies, this happened:

>customer ordered food for delivery within a few minutes of the store's posted closing time
>delivery guy says something rude
>customer gets offended

This happened to me this past Thursday.

>closing shift consists of one instore (me) and a driver
>basically just have to clean shit and put things away and driver has to do dishes, take out trash and mop
>closing with one of the best drivers we have, looking forward to getting out on time
>we close at 10:00pm and it's looking like we'll get out at 10:30pm at the latest
>things slowed down after 8:30pm, so we're well ahead of schedule, basically no orders
>phone rings at 9:45pm, bunch of people talking loudly, eventually they say they have to call back with the order - fucking great
>9:50pm, phone rings
>Spend 10 minutes taking an order for five 18" pizzas
>for delivery to one of the farthest points in our delivery area, told them it'd be 60-90 minutes (somewhat a bluff but it was going to take a while anyway)
>Have already put away the dough for the night, so have to roll out everything
>get everything made, cooked, boxed and bagged by around 10:45pm
>luckily driver has finished sweeping for me and mopped in the meantime
>takes driver a solid 45 minutes to go and come back because of course it was some hidden country club
>I finished my duties and his and basically sat around for 20 minutes.

I'm the one shift leader that won't turn away deliveries up until we close. It's shitty to do that and could get you fired. I'll bitch about it, but I'll do it.

Unless you're someone who fell for the salary meme, your'e still getting paid, so fuck it.

Don't be a dick. On either end.

Don't badmouth customers, do your job. At the same time, don't order $100 worth of food 5 minutes before close.

I could have been home and drunk at 10:30, but I had to wait around until 11:45. Fuck it, still got paid.
>>
>>7538923
Someone doesn't understand words, eh?
>>
>>7538808
But aint it bad manners to go into a restaraunt near closing cuz you make em stay longer?
>>
>>7538657
They were both bitches.
>>
>>7539104
>I could have been home and drunk at 10:30, but I had to wait around until 11:45

Precisely how I feel when finishing work late/having to fuck around picking up flatmate etc
I could have been getting drunk and having a great arse time but I'm here still, cannot deny how much that pisses me off
>>
>>7538657
This is a fucking joke, the pizza guys is in the right here, it's like having an office job and five minutes before you end your Boss comes in and drops 30-60 minutes extra work off and says he needs it done before you leave.
What utter horseshit, the note wasn't 'Don't call us for a pizza five minutes before we close, kill yourself' people are way too ungrateful nowadays
TL;DR the nurses are acting bitchy.
>>
>>7541084
>don't call us for a pizza 5 minutes before we close
Close 5 minutes earlier then, faggot. Your store hours say that you are open, so I'll take 6 large pizzas with anchovies, green olives and pineapple.

Point is, it's not the customer's fault that your hours suck. If you don't want to deliver pizzas after midnight; don't take a pizza delivery job. Simple as that. People in the real world are expected to do their job or they will be fired.

By the way, yes, a salary employee would be obligated to stay and finish that extra work, be a responsible adult for once in your life.
>>
>>7541104
This.

Reverse the roles here. Your a nurse working in a minor injury clinic. Pizza dude comes in 5 minutes before closing time with a cut that needs stitches. You better believe the nurse and Dr will be staying late to sew up that fuckers cut. Doesn't matter if it pisses you off or not. It's part of the job. Shit happens, sometimes you have to work late. Deal with it and move on or get another job.
>>
The nursing community has always had the I'm better then everyone even doctors , attitude.
>>
File: 3248_451127.jpg (121 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
3248_451127.jpg
121 KB, 392x500
>>7541148
>a shitty franchise pizza store is equivalent to a hospital
Jesus, how fat are you?
>>
>>7541084
I'm salaried. It's part of my job. This is why I make substantially more than a pizza delivery nigger. This isn't even a millennial thing, but the amount of scared-to-work flakes in this country is out of control.

>starts in low paying position
>bitches about the low pay
>managers don't trust this bitch allergic to work
>wonders why everyone around him is getting promoted while he sits there bitching about his low pay
>>
The pizza joint.

Unless you establish a threshold at which you stop taking orders before you close, then you have no right to complain about getting an order 5 minutes before you want to leave.
>>
>>7541288
Not the guy you're arguing with, but I've walked into shitty stores I can't even count how many times, 3 minutes before closing, and been told to fuck off. I understand it, it's annoying, but it's justifiable, and this is speaking as a salaried employee who sometimes is still logged into work at 1:30 AM or commuting to the office at 4:30 AM if work requires it.

What entitled people like you need to understand is proportion. Not being able to get your shitty $7 fast casual meal and having to eat a power bar for dinner is annoying yes, but guess what? It's a shitty $7 fast casual meal. If I say fuck I'm sleepy I don't feel like looking at that email, hundreds of highly paid white collar professionals end up not producing any work for hours. This is a net loss to the business, no matter how you slice it. My being tired the next day might affect productivity in some infinitesimally trivial way, but it doesn't matter. Whereas telling a schmuck that the ovens are turned off at 11:59 PM means losing $7, but also not spending whatever it costs to fire all those ovens back up and keep a half dozen employees around another half hour.

Whenever I see an entitled review like yours on Yelp, I mark it "funny" because it is wishful thinking that the entire world revolves around your fundamental human right to have a shitty fast food meal at 11:59 PM.
>>
When I worked at a hospital, local restaurants would tack on a $6 delivery fee because the nurses were known for not tipping drivers. Nurses are massive cunts that think they walk on water.
>>
I've had a local pizzeria refuse my order because they already shut the ovens off 30 mins before closing.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.