[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: egg salad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: egg salad.jpg (164 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
egg salad.jpg
164 KB, 1280x800
I'm bored of my egg salad recipe and wanted to know how you guys make yours. Mine is:

eggs
dill pickle relish
mayo
pinch of salt
paprika

Still OK just a bit boring at this point
>>
>>7538414
oh my god, you need turmeric, chives, capers, worcestershiresauce, maggi sauce, tabasco, black pepper, and cottage cheese
>>
I've added celery or red onions in the past. Probably other combinations I've forgotten.
>>
I literally only add raw onion and mayo to my mashed eggs.
Sometimes some chives.
>>
I always use hummus instead of mayonnaise. I prefer the taste. Similar effect!
>>
Add curry powder.

Hnnngh so good.
>>
>>7538441
>cottage cheese
wut
>>
>>7538481
and shrimps
>>
>>7538489
are you swedish
>>
>>7538414
try lightly browning solid components under broiler and chill after. new flavor in same recipe.
>>
>>7538414
Mustard
Chopped green onions
>>
Add a half teaspoon brown sugar per egg for sweetness and some good relish.
>>
Chopped mushrooms
>>
>>7538441
moar celery!!!
>>
Literally only egg, mayo and old bay
>>
>>7540547
How about spring onion?
>>
>>7541667

>old bay

goddamn maryland meme
>>
>>7538414
-Mayo, tumeric, pepper
-Mayo, celery bits
-Mayo, sriracha
>>
>>7538414
>add pepper
>cayene instead of paprika, or both idgaf
>get rid of the pickles
>dijon, maybe like a fourth compared to the mayo
>water chestnuts and/or onions
>canned tuna

also buy shit to put on it. like on mine i usually have spinach and tomatoes, 10/10
>>
>>7538414
try pickled eggs
>>
>>7538414
I use a good medium-hot yellow curry powder and add a small pinch of sugar for each egg.

Garden cress is the GOAT herb to use. Chives work well too.

When I add onion, I dice it finely and soak it in cold water for 5-10 minutes to take off a bit of the raw edge.

If you don't use garden cress, celery stalk gives a fresh crunch and similar peppery undertone.
>>
>>7541878
might as well just be a tuna salad sandwich
>>
>>7538414

spread i made recently

jalapenos
celery
canned tuna
cilantro
mayo
ham
scallions
egg
salt and pepper

dice up the jalapenos, ham, celery toss it in a pan with a bit of oil then mix it in with the rest of the shit

dope as fuck, anything but boring
>>
In the UK, egg salad is called egg mayonnaise.

I once went into a cafe and a polish girl was working there. I asked her for an egg mayo sandwich and she handed me a sandwich with a fried egg in it and some mayonnaise.
>>
I usually just go with mayo and honey mustard salt pepper because I never really buy any perishable aromatics
>>
>>7541985
>A Pole in a job that doesn't involve cleaning toilets

Yep, found your problem.
>>
cranberries or granny smith apples.

yum so good.
>>
>>7538414
>americans with their thousand ingredient recipes
Just eat something else for a change until you're not bored with it anymore, you wally.
>>
>>7538414
I like your recipe but I also add a bit of mustard, onion, and celery.

you could twist it any way you wanted, really, adding maybe red or green pepper, hotter peppers like jalapeno or serrano, scallion, red or green apple, hot sauce, dried cranberries, whatever. play around with it. you could use dijon or stone ground mustard for a different flavor than yellow.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.