[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which are the best foods for dieting /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: download (7).jpg (14 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
14 KB, 303x166
Which are the best foods for dieting /ck/?
>>
what kind of diet? do you want gain or lose weight? or just be healthy? or go full retard and go on a meme diet like paleo or atkins?
>>
Whole plant foods. As long as you don't eat too much nuts, you can usually stuff yourself with anything fitting that definition and at least be at an equilibrium that keeps your BMI below 25.

Or you could processed and fatty animal foods and get into tedious reductionism while constantly feeling hungry.
>>
The best foods for dieting can be anything but they need to be served with a healthy side of restraint ;).
>>
>>7537339
I want to lose weight

>>7537340
My bmi is 38(?)
I'm 5'11 and 235 male 23 YO

>>7537341
I've been eating 1/4 of what I've eaten ever in the past for a month
>>
>>7537354
>I've been eating 1/4 of what I've eaten ever in the past for a month
Track your calories with something like myfitnesspal. If you're eating at a deficit you'll lose weight 100% guaranteed. You're probably underestimating the amount you eat like pretty much anyone who starts a diet. Have you been losing weight normally? Do you exercise?
>>
>>7537361
I used to eat four times a day, probably double servings at least.
I've lost two pounds since about 2 weeks ago,
The only exercise I get is walking. I walk about 1/4-1/2 mile walks
>>
>>7537354
I want to lose weight
>>7537361
>Track your calories
pretty much this. it´s not about what kinds of food you eat, it´s about how many calories you consume. i facepalm every time a grown human being doesn´t understand calories in / calories out
>>
>>7537372
>1/4-1/2 mile walks
do you really mean half mile walks? god damn it. fucking americans. that is not exercising. i´m so pissed right now. that´s barely anything, it´s nothing. jesus fucking christ. i´m so angry, i should go for a 10 k run just to relax a bit. holy shit.
>>
>>7537372
Did you weigh yourself right after waking up? Or right after pooping? It needs to be done under specific circumstances to get any meaningful data. A skinny person can gain or lose way more than that in a day. I know a raw vegan who eats ten pounds of romaine for dinner.
>>
>>7537378
>raw vegan who eats ten pounds of romaine for dinner
what, why?
>>
>>7537380
It's what they happen to enjoy. Some people are size queens with their stomachs.
>>
>>7537375
This. I like food, but I also like being skinny(not muscly, just skinny), eventually I realised that you can't have both without hard work. Dieting and starving looks so much harder now mentally than excercising. I'd rather go out and cycle or skate these days and then stuff my face till I'm full, than sit at home watching tv all day and starve, constantly thinking about food.
>>
>>7537375
I used to be able to walk 10 miles at most

>>7537378
Generally, I weigh myself only before eating breakfast

>>7537378
Eating 10 pounds of anything sounds awful, seriously.
>>
>>7537331
bulking or cutting?
>>
File: images (8).jpg (23 KB, 526x280) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
23 KB, 526x280
>>7537331
Bic Mac®
>>
>>7537385
read the thread before you reply
>>
>>7537387
Honestly, I've always hated the big Mac, in fact even I've tried them most gimmicky fast foods I've never really enjoyed or favorited

I have had a large liquid consumption.

I drink water, soda, diet soda, tea, and coffee frequently.

Occasionally beer, wine and rarely liqour
>>
>>7537331
High protein lean meats and fish. Broccoli, kale, spinach, are all nutrient dense and also high protein for a vegetable. Grill or bake instead of fry. Learn portion sizes. Fruit, yogurts, eggs, nuts, in moderation. Drink water or crystal light. Also start increasing your exercise. If your only walking 1/4 -1/2 mile a day that's hardly any calorie burning....walking is good exercise but you need to build up to 2-3 miles a day. That's about 45 min- 1 hour of walking at a moderate pace. Reward yourself for accomplishing your goals, but don't let foods be your reward. If your at a party or restaurant, then go ahead and indulge within reason. Just be concious of the choices your making. You can enjoy a slice of pizza without having to eat it all.

Its common sense OP. Watch your calories, eat high protein foods to increase saiety, try to avoid binging on refined carbs and sugar. If your a drinker, limit what you drink.
>>
>>7537389
You're right, I was impetuous
Sorry..
>>
The best foods for dieting are foods with a high satiety index, foods that are protein-rich and foods that are not bad for dieting, among others.

Examples of good foods are whole grains, legumes, vegetables, potatoes, certain fruits, as well as fish and lean meats. These all provide above-average satiety on top of being tasty.

Examples of foods to restrict are foods high in fat, especially if it comes without protein and fiber, i.e. butter, shortening, oil etc., and to a lesser extent nuts, dairy and fatty cuts of meat. Fat intake should be limited to what is physiologically necessary and healthy (ca. 25% of calorie intake)

Prebiotic foods can support weight loss over the long term by changing GI microbes, for example onions, bananas, whole wheat, garlic, oats, legumes
>>
>>7537331
>Water
>cocaine

It's called the Olsen twin diet
>>
>>7537415
>The best foods for dieting are (...) foods that are not bad for dieting
no shit!
>>
>>7537331
Things that aren't soda, fruit juice, candy, junk food baked goods, or sugar.
>>
>>7537420
Fatties often miss the obvious. They instead spend years chasing silver bullets.
>>
>>7537415
>and to a lesser extent nuts, dairy and fatty cuts of meat

Nuts are extremely high in fat, and should not be eaten.
low/non-fat dairy exists
Fatty cuts of meat are a big no-no.
>>
>>7537361
cronometer is good as well for tracking calories
>>
>>7537437
Well it depends on whether the person can practice moderation. The fats have to come from somewhere, and nuts are certainly preferable to butter, lard and oil. Cheese can be OK since it comes with a dose of protein, so it's pretty satiating in combination and adequate to use in complete dishes.
>>
>>7537437
Nuts are also full of fiber and other nutrients and don't make people accidentally obese.

http://pastebin.com/m4uBdyYG

Someone on a cut should try to limit it to not much more than 1/4 cup whole nuts daily, or two tablespoons paste.
>>
>>7537441
That kind of tedious reductionism can often lead to frustration and failure. It's better to establish healthy habits.
>>
>>7537437
Dude, shut up. We all know the bottom line is the calories and hunger management/overeating issues. I've been doing keto for months, and I eat a lot of fat. I'm fucking ripped now. The big no-no is not overeating. All the differences in opinions on food types, metabolism, and blah blah is splitting hairs. The big thing is the calories. Everyone can just shut the fuck up about what they did to lose weight. That fucking twinkie guy at shitty shit and lost weight. Whatever. Eat whatever you want. Just don't overeat. (btw, I did keto because I wanted to be muscular and masculine, not a skinnyfat man/woman)
>>
>>7537449
depends on the person
>>
No more alcohol & soda + jogging was just enough for me. 10 Kg lighter now.
>>
>>7537472
>soda
Why is this still allowed?
>>
File: putting-gun-to-head.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
putting-gun-to-head.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>sugar is fine as part of a healthy balanced lifestyle
>>
>>7537496
Everything in moderation, including diabetes, amputation, and blindless.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.