[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2000 (calories needed per day) divided by 400 (calories per bottle)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: Capture.jpg (123 KB, 1600x795) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
123 KB, 1600x795
2000 (calories needed per day) divided by 400 (calories per bottle) = 5
5 (bottles consumed per day to meet human calorie need) times 31 (average amount of days in a month) = 155

The MAXIMUM amount of bottles I can order per month is 144

?????????????????
>>
So lose some weight. Big deal, fatty.
>>
Daily marketing thread. Sage and hide
>>
>>7537261
It's for complementing other food, not entirely replacing it. Soylent lacks many thoroughly-studied phytonutrients often not considered in this kind of reductionist nutrition. You need to eat real food sometimes.
>>
>>7537261
Is this made out of humans?
>>
>>7537261
>31 (average amount of days in a month)

American education everyone!
>>
>>7537261
human are not all the same
>>
this is the kind of shit that high level programmers who wear sketchers drink because they take no enjoyment out of life outside of when numbers collide in the right order. or meatheads who give up everything they love and take severe steroids so they can make up for their crippling self image issues.
>>
>>7538393
the amount of insecurity, shitposting, and astral projection in this post is astounding
>>
>>7538393
It's not that they don't like food. They just want to project a certain image of being obsessed with their work because Silicon Valley has a fucked up startup culture.

>>7537261
You're not supposed to actually live on it, just be seen drinking it at the office.
>>
>>7537261
How do you know you need 2000 calories a day?

Height? Weight?
>>
>>7538357
Just the green variety, the other types are made of non - human.
>>
File: SoylentGreen.jpg (113 KB, 1600x846) Image search: [Google]
SoylentGreen.jpg
113 KB, 1600x846
Why the fuck did they call it soylent?

What is this shit actually supposed to be used for? Is it for "people" who don't like food or something? Do you need vitamin supplements if you want to "live" off of it?
>>
>>7539146
Do you know how to read?
Soylent is soy + lentils in the original book.
That's what the guy named it after.
>>
muh phytonutrients
>>
>soy

Enjoy your estrogen

Meanwhile high test alpha males like me will be stealing the girls you betas spend your life pleasing
>>
>>7539183
When will this meme die? There's a fuckton more actual estrogen in the mostly female animals you eat.
>>
There should be a picture of soylent drink next to the word "depression" in the dictionary.
>>
>>7539165
They fucking named it after crackers made from recycled people in a dystopian fascist hell scape. I'm not talking about the meaning of the word.
>>
>>7537261
>350 a month for flavorless shit water

My god, the amount of delicious food you can cook for 1 at 350 a month is insane. What kind of turbosperg pays more for a multivitamin in some protein powder and flour? This is truly the mark of a pleb
>>
>>7539202
The kind of person who drinks soylent is the opposite of depressed. Their days are so full they view eating as an inconvenience.

>>7539215
350 isn't that much for people who would otherwise be eating fast casual. brogrammers don't know how to cook.

http://www.vice.com/read/the-gross-aesthetic-of-reddit-bros-and-their-food-hacks-492?utm_source=vicetwitterus
brogrammers
>>
>>7539197
Low test high estrogen beta male detected
>>
>>7539264
Excess estrogen gets dumped into the lower digestive tract with the assumption there will be plenty of fiber to absorb and carry it away, because for most of our evolutionary history that has been true. When you don't eat enough fiber, you become a whiny bitch like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/user/maddoxaom
>>
a month worth of groceries is $200 for one person. Why this mass-produced drink so expensive?
>>
>>7537261
>(calories needed per day)
>human calorie need
First of all it's a Calorie and second the BMR is different for every single human.
Get fucked.
>>
Man. The guy that invented this shit doesn't use it any more.

And there were rats in the factory.

And worse: Every single interview this guy did talking about it was all smug as shit. "Can we all stop pretending that we like to cook and eat food?"
>>
>>7539224
>Their days are so full they view eating as an inconvenience.

That's not normal.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 228x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 228x210
>>7537261
Is nobody going to point out HOW ABSOLUTELY FUCKING POINTLESS any soylent products at that kind of price are?

For 400$ I can buy 2 months worth of high-quality healthy food plus 1 evening at a solid Restaurant.
How are they expecting to ever expand outside the hipster niche?

A product like this has virtually no production-cost (it's essentially a little more sophisticated baby formula) but insane marketability and convenience.
Why in the world woud they NOT sell it for a reasonable price? How can they not realize how insanely gigantic the poorfag market is?

It's like they HATE MONEY.
The existence of these soylent products and the way they are marketed is starting to question everything I thought I knew about economics.
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 174x289) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 174x289
>>7541098
>hipster
Thanks for using this word, I almost thought you were expressing a respectable opinion there.
>>
File: projector.jpg (5 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
projector.jpg
5 KB, 306x165
>>7539183
>>7539264
>>
File: laughing.jpg (59 KB, 550x340) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
59 KB, 550x340
he's drinking Soylent
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 320x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 320x279
>>7541108
wat
are you saying hipsters don't exist?
They are a very real social phenomenon just like hippies, punks or goths with a defined cultural niche and (of course) a certain consume spectrum.

Millions of products are specifically targeted towards hipsters and soylent products are very clearly one of them, at least the way the are presented at the moment.
>>
>>7541136
Shut the fuck up, you're painfully out of touch and any opinions you might have about social phenomena are wrong.
>>
>>7541098
You underestimate how much Soylent users value their time. $400 on food isn't much for a millenial who doesn't know how to cook.
>>
>>7541147
Maybe so but making a 300$ profit from 10000 customers just doesn't seem as favorable as making a 50$ profit from a million customers to me...
>>
>>7541162
It's a niche product because most people like food. They know exactly what they're doing.
>>
File: image.png (993 KB, 1000x621) Image search: [Google]
image.png
993 KB, 1000x621
>>7541145
It's just hard to shut up when you don't state any arguments for the non-existence of a cultural phenomenon that is acknowledged by virtually all of society and has become a part of every-day life.

You're like some guy in a suit running through woodstock screaming : "Hippies don't exist, hippies don't exist!"
>>
>>7539138
so aliens? damn that's high tech.
>>
>>7541164
I wish this was true and I don't want to sound like an asshole but I don't think most people below the poverty lime (there's millions of them) would mind exchanging their skettyandbutter for soylent especially if it was even cheaper and since it requires no preparation at all.
>>
>>7541172
Pointing out that you're from Malaysia isn't really helping your case here, but char kway teow is delicious so I'm going to try to be polite about this.
>>
>>7541198
Ah, so not from KL, just an out of touch, ignorant racist /pol/tard.

As a /ck/ regular, allow me to inform you that distasteful behavior around here tends to result in disappeared posts, which, I assume, means bans. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable screaming about hipsters and "shitskins" among your own kind.
>>
How is this better than a protein shake?
>>
>>7541136
The only people who claim there is no such thing as hipsters are in fact skinny trendy insufferably faggots with bad taste in clothes and music themselves. This is self-evident, like how emo-faggots and goths used to always claim they were actually special snowflakes who didn't fit neatly into a box or whatever.

Side note, anyone notice that in the last year or so hipster's have collectively given up trying to convince people that the shittiest obscure music they can find is any good, and have since admitted they just listen to like Adele and Kanye?
>>
>>7541202
Look at this fat dyke
>>
>>7541202
I could be Hitler, Stalin or Satan and still be correct while you are wrong.

The statement
"2+2=4"
or
"hipsters exist"
doesn't become untrue just because it's made by a person of questinable character.
>>
>>7541228
I'm a straight guy, roughly 12% bodyfat. What does any of this have to do with the fact that your'e out of touch?
>>7541225
No one in this thread claimed there's no such thing as hipsters. A basement-dwelling /pol/tard claimed that internet cyber-beggars and their customers are actually hipsters and anyone who disagrees with him must be running around in a pinstriped Armani suit. Who can say what goes on in the minds of these ''''people''''?
>>
>>7541215
It contains all the "essential" nutrients in correct proportions instead of being butt cancer growth formula. Still missing lots of stuff that works only when delivered via whole plant foods.
>>
>>7541230
The thing about math is that it's not dependent on geography.

The thing about your opinion is that your particular geographic coordinates (no doubt squarely in some blighted former GDR communist apartment block) render you incapable of expressing a valid opinion on what a hipster is.

So take it from me, someone who is literally, right now, posting from Brooklyn New York, where I've lived since just before the peak of peak hipster: you have no idea what you're talking about and should refrain from expressing opinions on this matter ever again.
>>
>>7541230
>questinable
Your spelling is questionable.
>>
>>7541225
Yes, they have graduated from pretending to like shitty inaccesible music to pretending to like shitty accesible music - or maybe the do like it and only pretend to pretend? Who knows.

Enjoying movies, music or other media ironically from time to time can be fun since it helps putting things in perspective and not take them to seriously. But hipsters don't actually do that, it's just an act to maintain a false sense of superiority.
>>
>>7541250
>>
>>7541249
So what you are saying is this:
The people I meet on a daily basis who are called hipsters by everyone and call (ironically of course) themselves hipsters and hang out at places called "Hipster Treff" are, in fact, not actually hipsters because they happen to reside in Germany.

Also, japanese punks aren't punks, british hippies aren't hippies and eastern european biker gangs aren't biker gangs - because a certain culture can only be genuine at its exact place of geographical origin.
>>
>>7541267
You're not too far off the mark. You're like those white suburban kids who call themselves "rude boys" and listen to bands like the cherry poppin' daddies and call it "ska". You can say "but it's what it means to ME" until you are blue in the face, but to everyone else, you are just confused.
>>
>>7541274
So can you define then what a hipster is in reality and why they can't exist outside of Brooklyn, New-York?

And even if you could you'd end up with a parodoxical situation where the overwhelming majority of hipsters worldwide are fake-hipsters even though they shape what the cultural hipster-nieche means and have a greater social impact than the "originals".
>>
>>7541295
The hipsters of brooklyn were a temporary phenomenon in the 2000s. They later grew up and became people like me. Boring middle to upper middle class professionals whose lifestyle niche could be described better as "yuppie" except for the "young" part.

Hipsters were originally not keen on conspicuous consumption. What happened was that in the dying years of hipsterdom, late 2000s, this changed somewhat as a formal industry that catered specifically to them had fully matured. This was (and is) known as "fast fashion". This was a very profitable industry and needless to say, with mass manufacturing and distribution networks, the tokens of hipster culture like black eyeglasses and "work boots" that are in no way suitable for manual labor, became ubiquitous among people whose value systems and lifestyles didn't resemble those of hipsters in any way.

So now, basically anyone who wears the kinds of clothes you can find at mall apparel shops (or I guess what the brits call "high street fashion") casually throws around the word "hipster" but, obviously, it is completely meaningless at this point. There is no "social impact" other than some callouses on the thumbs of some 9 year old bangledeshi girl.
>>
>>7541108
>hipster product made by hipsters for hipsters
>mentioning hipster invalidates the argument because reasons
>defending soylent
>on a cooking board
and before you reply
>implying soylent is food
>>
>>7541839
>if you don't have a retarded idea of what a hipster is, you must be a soylent shill
Still amazingly out of touch.
>>
>>7541274
>>7541267
>>
>>7541847
I'm not saying you're a shill, soylent is just a cancerous scam that's all. Also, please explain why soylent isn't for hipsters.
>>
File: old-hippies.jpg (62 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
old-hippies.jpg
62 KB, 500x391
>>7542078
First, hipsters don't really exist anymore. Similar to hippies. Sure you can find some grizzled old former hippies living in Marin County in $6M zero-carbon-footprint homes, smoking weed and drinking $150 bottles of spoiled grape juice from their friend Cathy up in St Helena. They still have their long hair and they still quote Chomsky. Likewise you can find ex-hipsters with 2 kids attending Brooklyn Waldorf, who swapped their Williamsburg loft for a 3 bedroom in Park Slope, swapped their fixie for a Rivendell, and guiltily take the 1990s Volvo station wagon out of the garage once a month to drive to the Poconos. But like the hippies in Marin, the hipsters in Park Slope are no longer the man they once were, as much as they like to think they are.

But second, what hipsters loved in terms of food was literally the inverse of what Soylent represents. Hipsters' early love of PBR was due to a combination of (sometimes affected) poverty, and a desire for "authenticity" (see also: Cafe Bustelo). But as their income levels rose they sought authenticity less through working class food brands, and more through a direct connection to the food production process. Hipsters loved:

>slow food
>farm to table eating
>nose to tail eating
>100 mile diet
>this animal was raised by Mr. Polyface himself and lived a good life
>this cooking technique was forgotten in this rush for modernity but only rediscovered recently by Alice Waters in an old manuscript

Hipsters hated

>chemicals
>weird powders
>stuff that came from a factory

Calling soylent "hipster" suggests you are either wildly confused about what soylent is, or you are wildly confused about hipster values.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.