[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any real coffee addiction, or is it just a meme?There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: coffee-intravenous-t-shirt[1].jpg (14 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
coffee-intravenous-t-shirt[1].jpg
14 KB, 550x400
Is there any real coffee addiction, or is it just a meme?There is opinion that coffee addiction would be real thing after decades of regular drinking.Can someone with such expirience confirm/bust that myth?
>>
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15448977

from personal experience caffeine withdrawal can be very unpleasant, these days i keep coffee as just an occasional treat instead of an everyday necessity. once a week tops
>>
Yes, you can become physically addicted to caffeine.

Like pot, though - which isn't physically addictive - most of it is just lifestyle and habitual use, and not wanting to give up the things you've grown accustomed to enjoying.

People who say they wont survive without their morning cup of coffee aren't the same as people who need to go out for a cigarette every couple hours.
>>
>Don't drink coffee
>have a terrible headache and become tired as fuck

I want to die or nap whenever I miss my caffeine fix
>>
>>7535183
uhhhhh are you serious? caffeine addiction is real and not hard to experience if you just skip your coffee.
>>
File: 1.jpg (95 KB, 845x469) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
95 KB, 845x469
>>7535183
Yes and no
This will be anecdotal, though I'm sure I'm not the only one. I drink coffee in the morning because it's taste gives me a sense of comfort and control.

It makes me feel I have control of my alertness, my bowels, and it's comfy as fuck to drink a warm beverage. It extends to the day. If I don't have it, I feel anxious and out of control. It's part of my routine. It'll be hard for me to stop now.
>>
i dunno, never experienced any physically painful withdrawal. but psychological yes, it enhances my day, its my treat if i do something good, and my motivation when im about to do something that requires extra dedication or skill.
>>
Don't worry about. Less than six cups a day of black is slightly beneficial. But resetting feels good too.
>>
>>7535183
Im so hooked on coffee i put my scrotum in the bodum
>>
>>7535183
if you skip coffee after drinking it regularly for a while you will have headaches. the difference is that i think it is pretty easy to just give up coffee and deal with it.
>>
I don't drink it much these days, but I used to be a daily drinker, and at that point I was certainly addicted. If I didn't have any caffeine for a day, I'd begin to get a headache in the early afternoon, and this would increase in severity until I fell asleep that night. Next day I'd usually feel okay. Also both times I quit my job spontaneously were days that I'd missed my coffee fix before work, so it definitely affects mood.
>>
>>7535609
I've never had headaches from stopping coffee. Is it because I drink water?
>>
its physically addictive but not psychologically. youll get headaches if your skip coffee but you wont be like 'i need a cup of coffee' like with cigarettes
>>
>>7535183
Caffeine addiction is a thing. Otherwise, it's just psychological addiction.
>>
>>7535647
Yes you will. Physical and psychological addiction are inherently related. I get irate without caffiene.
>>
>>7535183
Caffeine is a physically addictive substance. Coffee itself is delicious and comforting so that also makes it psychologically addictive like all other nice things.
>>
>>7535739
i didn't feel 'better' in any way from coffee and i had no trouble quitting, but i did get headaches. it would only make me not able to sleep and sometimes give me anxiety if i had too much. maybe that is just me though
>>
just like marijuana, the feelings and mind-state coffee gives you is addicting and the chemicals themselves make your body want more, thing is it really doesn't badly effect you if you keep it under a certain amount per day and quitting it cold turkey is super easy.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.