[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else here love hash browns?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 500x334
Does anyone else here love hash browns?
>>
File: Crispy-Hash-browns-013.jpg (1 MB, 3128x2346) Image search: [Google]
Crispy-Hash-browns-013.jpg
1 MB, 3128x2346
>>7534680
Those are tots. These are hashbrowns.
>>
No. Nobody here likes hashbrowns except you.
>>
>>7534680
Dumb fuck iCuck
>>
>>7534680
Are you the same retard who though tomatoes have been around for millenia?
>>
>>7534698
awwwwwwwww
>>
>>7534696
Where can i get the best hashbrowns in America? I know it's a fucking dumb question but i need an answer.
>>
>>7534772
Waffle House has pretty good ones. I recommend getting them with mushrooms and onions, and topping them off with a few dashes of Tabasco.
>>
>>7534772
Probably best bet isn't a chain, just go to a local diner and get some at breakfast.
>>
File: images (45).jpg (19 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (45).jpg
19 KB, 512x288
>>7534696
That's potato hash.
These are hash browns.
>>
>>7534680
those are tater tots you turd.
>>
>>7534680
those are spuddie bugs you imp.
>>
>>7534772
Jims are pretty good if you live in Texas
>>
>>7536858
Kek, I like that.
Spuddy bugs in my anus
>>
Potatoes
The shred side of a cheese grater
Pan with hot oil
Salt

Hash browns

Wtf?
>>
>>7537064
Baked potatoes*
>>
>>7537080
Why would you bake a potato before shredding it for hashbrowns?

I'm assuming you were implying something less retarded, but it is damn near 3am here and I guess I'm just missing your point.

Elaborate please?
>>
>>7537098
Because it comes out crispier.
>>
>>7537102
I'm willing try try anything once, especially food related, but I have to say I have my doubts.

I generally use russets or Golds for hash browns and after baking they would be too soft to shred without mushing.

Do you use reds for hash browns?

They are waxy enough to possibly hold up to it, but I've never used reds for hash browns.

Is this something from actual experience or are you just armchair cheffing?
>>
>>7537123
Don't bake them tender. You're just trying to get moisture out. Alternatively you can grate raw potatoes and leech out liquid with some salt.
>>
>>7537123
He's being serious, they do come out crispier. You have to be careful not to mush them together. But it's a similar idea to cooking french fries twice. When cooked and some of the moisture is removed, the crust holds up much better.
>>
Oh yeah. I was just being brief to show how simple they are, being a bit of an ass in my part really.

Generally I'll shred them onto paper towels, a little salt on single thickness layers with a paper towel between each to take off the starchy water they bleed.

You also have to have the oil and pan good and hot. I like extra light olive oil (not the same thing as extra virgin) for the high smoke point. Get a nice crisp to the potatoes.

Wtf, Captcha: French fries. Google is scary man.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.