[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >not boiling everything you cook Want a chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: Boil it.jpg (209 KB, 1024x716) Image search: [Google]
Boil it.jpg
209 KB, 1024x716
>2016
>not boiling everything you cook
Want a chicken breast? Just throw it in and boil it.
Broccoli on the side? Just boil it.
Potatoes? Boil that shit.
That's a whole meal.
>>
>boil

You mean "steam", right?

Boiling kills all the nutrients in your food...
>>
>>7534387
Just toss it in and boil it mate. Let the miracle happen.
>>
File: 1444776935387.gif (678 KB, 245x220) Image search: [Google]
1444776935387.gif
678 KB, 245x220
>get all muh boiling pots ready
>hit elements to max boil
>once that shit's boilin', all you have to do is toss the food into the boiling water pots
Paradise.
>>
>>7534387
No, it doesn't. Boiling often makes things more nutritious actually. Have you ever actually compared the nutrient data for a given food item raw vs. steamed vs. cooked? The only shit that sometimes leeches into water are pointless meme vitamins like Vitamin C that are in everything, poisons like solanine and lectins, and fart bombs like stachyose and kestose.
>>
Fucking English scum.
>>
File: 1424813704186.jpg (67 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1424813704186.jpg
67 KB, 540x540
>>7534378
is this you?
>>
>>7534425
Op does know how to keep his man
>>
File: 4ac.jpg (72 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
4ac.jpg
72 KB, 621x621
>>7534425
>boiled eggs
>mac and cheese
I can smell it just from looking at it.
>>
>>7534378
I like caramelisation on my food, so frying it is.

Also, steaming beats boiling any day, mostly because it's faster and doesn't involve me near scolding hot water.
>>
>>7534624
Douse your food in caramel sauce
>>
File: 300px-BoiledDinner.jpg (19 KB, 300x209) Image search: [Google]
300px-BoiledDinner.jpg
19 KB, 300x209
Smoked shoulderis an exceptionally salty cut of meat. Two different methods of preparation are commonly used to decrease the amount of salt in the meat. In the first method, the meat is placed in a pot and soaked in a refrigerated cold water bath for one day prior to cooking. During the soak, the water is changed several times. The pot of meat and water is then boiled on the stovetop until the meat is tender. In the second method, the meat is placed in cold water and brought to a boil. The boiling water is then poured off, replaced with fresh cold water, and the ham is brought to a boil again. This process can be repeated several times, as deemed appropriate by the chef, before the meat is allowed to cook. A combination of both methods is also acceptable. This is a very easy meal to cook, as the salt and flavor of the meat require no additional seasonings. The ham generally must boil for several hours until it is ready to eat. The vegetables are placed in the pot and boiled with the meat after it has cooked.
>>
OP is white, a britbong, and has no taste buds.
>>
>>7534378
>not oven baking your potatoes
>not pan frying your broccoli
Pleb.
>>
>>7534378
Literally disgusting human being for saying that. If I could never use water in my cooking again I would.
>>
>>7534659
Yeah say that to my boiled chicken thigh I'm eating right now you fucker.
>>7534727
>Not always keeping some pots boiling in case you want to toss something in.
>>7534735
Your loss faggot.
>>
I steam many of my foods in a small pan elevated inside a pressure cooker.
>>
Another protip for you fuckups:
Cold pizza? Fucking pleb shit.
You want that piece properly reheated? Boil it.
I tossed in a leftover slice this morning and let it go for about 15 minutes. Perfect.
>>
>This food needs caramelization to taste good!
>This food needs some extra spice to taste good!
>Add a little salt and butter and you're good to go!

Why even bother eating unboiled food if you're just going to remove all of its natural taste through spices and similar cheaty methods? Just eat Fritos and Snickers bars for the rest of your life.
>>
>>7535964
I just reheated my leftover steak and mashed potatoes using this method.
10/10 would boil again
>>
You mean like sous vide, or literally boiling it...
>>
>>7534378
Psh. I've been boiling food since 2004. These days I boil only in triple filtered water collected from Swiss Alps snow and I season my water ONLY with Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
>>
I'm a big proponent of the boiling craze.

I bought a massive pot that I just keep on my stove. I usually just get it to a rolling boil and keep it there simmering all day. I'll add more water periodically, and just toss in any food when I feel hungry.
>>
>>7534378
How do I boil a pizza or burger?
>>
>>7536709
You boil them in very hot oil.
>>
>>7536713
Isn't that deep frying?
>>
>>7536718
No it's boiling, in oil, you fry in a fryer
>>
>>7535964
This also works perfectly for Tendies.
>>
>>7534378
>2016
>watering down all of your food
>>
>>7534378
So nasty. You gotta have the seared delicious skin. If anything the only thing I'll boil is a bag of dicks. Just let them cool down or throw them In the freezer desu. Makes for a sweet weekend treat that's perfect for relaxing to some smooth jazz.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>7534378
>boiling
>not searing
>not cooking meat over an open flame
Disgusting.
>>
>2016
>frying your food in water
>>
>>7536034
I mean literally boiling it, you mincing faggot.
>>
File: Jeremiah.gif (3 MB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
Jeremiah.gif
3 MB, 300x237
>>7536700
This guy gets it.
>>
I feel ashamed this thread made me hungry
>>
>>7534387
>>7534420
Boiling does make vegetables lose nutrients but cooked food is also easier for your body to absorb so you gain more nutrients
>>
>>7534387
Steam is hotter than boiling water.

>>7534378
Poultry only has to go to 165 degrees fahrenheit inner.
Vacuum bag it and 165F, will be great.
>>
File: bunny-boiler1-e1330541097573.jpg (44 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
bunny-boiler1-e1330541097573.jpg
44 KB, 500x375
One of the most foul odours that I will bever forget is the smell of my gran's chicken drumsticks, which she boiled to buggery. Due to these I wasn't able to pluck up the courage to eat anything but the breast on chicken until I was about 16.

My mum tells me the worst thing she's ever eaten was my gran's boiled rabbit with boiled potatoes, peas and carrots. Ah, 60s Scottish cuisine!
>>
>>7534378

Baked/grilled/fried meat smells good man.
Boiled meat smells abso-fucking-lutely gross.
>>
>>7536709
OP back to save the day.
Step 1, fill a pot with water, salt if desired
Step 2, bring to boil
Step 3, just toss the pizza or the burger in
Step 4, just boil it to desired doneness, judge by sight.
That. Easy.
>>7538237
You shouldn't. Literally god-tier cooking method and so simple.
>>7539283
Just nut up already you mincing, mincing fag.
>>
>>7539283
Apply a bay leaf to your roiling boiling memepot

Tahdah, your boiled meats now smell delicious
>>
>>7540966
You're an unfunny faggot, thinking it's your "duty" to oversee a shit thread you created, self bumping it shamelessly along the way.
>>
OP is really trying hard for those cool 4chan points.

This is now a forced meme thread. Is milhouse a meme yet?
>>
>>7534378
hi grandma thanks for dinner last night....
>>
>>7538866

i hope no one boiled that bunner
>>
>>7534378
>>7534387
>>7534394
fucking plebs boiling chicken...
>Get a grill you queer

You: "So you want food but don't want it to taste edible? Oh i got it, lets boil chicken breasts. Then we can get back to the trump/clinton rally. "
>>
>>7534378
everyone in this thread is pullin my fuckin plonker, right?
>>
>>7534425
thats got to be him
>You can cook just like my brother GF can bake
>all her food comes out gross.
>she thinks she can bakes because she doesnt ruine a box of cake mix
>MFW I'm a trained french chef cooking italian food; compared to her.

I dont understand how someone has the "I can't cook" sentiments. Its like "So you eat but youve never once worked with food?"
>>
>>7534378
I have the urge for boiled chicken like mother used to make

thanks op
>>
garlic rice, throw some chicken/pork/fish and veggies in there. What else do you need?? nothing, your stomach is giving you a pat on the back.
>>
Boiled chicken sounds fucking disgusting
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.