[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does wild boar taste like? I want to eat a while roasted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: roastedboar.jpg (70 KB, 716x288) Image search: [Google]
roastedboar.jpg
70 KB, 716x288
What does wild boar taste like? I want to eat a while roasted wild boar like Obelix.
>>
>>7533839
*whole
>>
Pork with essence of trash can.
>>
>>7533839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbXkvxsubaI
Always wanted to try this.
>>
>>7533839

It depends on the species and their diet, I guess.

All I know is that boar meat from Texas stinks like hell and I want nothing to do with it.
>>
File: Louis.jpg (16 KB, 450x349) Image search: [Google]
Louis.jpg
16 KB, 450x349
>>7533845
compulsory viewing for vegetarians.
comfy as fuck though.
>>
>>7533839
It tastes very good, I would describe it like something between a deer and pig.
>>
The wild boar can be very gamey and tough if it's too old or really big.
However you cook it you want to soak it in some water and vinegar, and keep on changing that solution until it's not all bloody. After that you can cook it Up anyway you like. If it's really big boar cut off the best pieces to eat and then make sausage out of the rest. If it's a smaller one, then go ahead and cook it whole over a flame if you can.
>>
>>7533869
Obviously skin it before you soak it.
Also, if you ever kill one it needs to go on ice as soon as possible.
>>
>>7533839
i've had inoshishi (wild boar) in japan. tastes good. kind of like pork,well, obviously
>>
>>7533839
A bit tougher and darker than pork with a venison note.
>>
File: 2016-04-03 08.45.34.jpg (566 KB, 773x1373) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-03 08.45.34.jpg
566 KB, 773x1373
Found this at my supermarket, can I make country gravy from it? Would it taste terrible?
>>
>>7534010
yes
>>
>>7533839
Ate some earlier today, taste like a combo of venison and pork
>>
I've only had it twice and it was completely flavourless both times. I'll continue trying it I guess.
>>
>>7533839

gamey pork
>>
>>7533839
I ate one without the head. Like pork, only tougher. not bad.
>>
>>7533839
It's not bad, but doesn't make the best of sausages, alas. The lard is far too different, and so is the meat, and the end result is usually very tough, to the point that even winter sausage of it feels like summer sausage by texture.
>>
When good, it's like deer-y, duck-y, beefy pork, if that makes any sense.
When bad, it tastes as above but with the addition of a faint taste of liver.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.