[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello,total tea pleb here that'd like to start drinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: green-tea-in-a-cup.jpg (25 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
green-tea-in-a-cup.jpg
25 KB, 700x466
Hello,total tea pleb here that'd like to start drinking some tea and i got a few question

1. What kind of tea is the best for a new drinker? Bitterness doesn't really matter to me since i'm used to drink my coffee black but i don't want it to taste like crap.

2. Heard tea bag are shit,, is it true? Should i invest in one of those fancy teapot?

3. Any brand in particular? Don't mind buying on internet since there's basically no tea market here.

Thank you.
>>
I buy cheap sencha in 1/3 kilo bags and brew it in the same freedom press I use for coffee.
>>
>>7533200
I'm partial to a nice Earl Grey loose leaf brewed either in a sachet. I add a little raw sugar and some cream.

Do it in that order so,the sugar dissolves effectively.
>>
You really kinda have to buy a few different teas to find what you like.

You can use a french press to make tea, otherwise a pot and infuser can be had for less than $20.

Also, tea isn't just pour boiling water over leaves, wait 10 mins then drink. different teas have different water temps. You can't go wrong with green tea, rooibos, black, earl grey.
>>
>>7533200
>1. I'm used to coffee
You may prefer stronger black teas to start with. Perhaps even bold, smokey teas like Lapsang Souchong.

>2
Tea bags are universally shit. You don't need a fancy teapot, a cheap one will work just as well.

>3. brands
Loose leaf tea doesn't really do brands. It's more like wine, where you're looking at the region where the tea was grown and perhaps even the individual estate if you want to go HAM into it.
>>
Some manufacturers get away with using more powder than leaf in tea bags, that's why they get a bad rep. Just look for large pieces of the leaves in the bags.

If you just want an every day breakfast black tea, go for Barry's or Typhoo.
>>
>>7533261
>all manufacturers*

tea bags are filled with "Dust and Fannings", a grade of tea that is literally the cruft swept up off of the floor after processing actual leaves.
>>
>>7533200
1. It's different for every person. It's not dictated by a universal law. A lot of plebs seems to like Earl Grey, I've never enjoyed scented teas though. I went straight for the greens.

2. Tea bags are _always_ shit. Always buy loose leaf.

3. Like this guy said >>7533240

Lurk the tea generals when they're up. I think you can just buy a tea infuser with some branded loose leaf from your local store to begin with and then move from that once you've experienced that stage. Real tea can get very expensive and if you can't appreciate the flavours yet it's just a waste.
>>
>>7533200
what kind of tea is actually green, like in the OP pic, and where can I buy it? regular green tea looks like piss
>>
File: Matcha.jpg (807 KB, 900x707) Image search: [Google]
Matcha.jpg
807 KB, 900x707
>>7534462
Generally speaking if your green tea looks like piss then you've brewed it wrong.

You can try matcha if you want 200% turbo green even when you fuck up, but you should really try not to fuck up.
>>
>>7534477
how not to fuck up? I brew it in ~90C for 3 minutes
>>
>>7534530
Well, stop abusing it like that for starters.

Green tea prefers ~75° for 1 minute, some even go down to 60° for 30 seconds.
>>
>>7534573
what about white tea?
>>
File: white_tea_cup.jpg (33 KB, 409x438) Image search: [Google]
white_tea_cup.jpg
33 KB, 409x438
>>7534581
You're not going to get a green cup out of white tea no matter how proper you brew it breh.
>>
>>7534591
I know, I'm just wondering how to brew it properly and I googled some conflicting info
>>
>>7534617
Try googling the specific type of white tea you have.
Or just make a couple cups a couple different ways and see which you like best.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.