[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crockpoting at motel 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
I'm currently homeless and living a motel 6, what can I cook with only a crockpot and a shoestring budget that can feed 5 people?
>>
Give us a dollar amount
>>
>>7531944
Rice and beans. Potato soup. Steal condiments and salt and pepper from fast food places
>>
>>7531944
potatoes, carrots, beef, onions and water. season with barbecue sauce.
>>
>>7531944
>sent from my iPhone
>>
>>7531944
you can make chili or some dank ass queso or some stew.

>>7531978
quality post anon
>>
>>7531978
3/5 homeless people I've met and actually gotten to know have iPhones lol
>>
>>7532020
Apple is the phone of choice for homeless , er I mean out of work hipsters.
>>
>>7531978
He deserves to be homeless for being an iCuck
>>
>>7531969
go as cheap as possible
>>
Chili
Pulled pork
Chicken

Google "one pot meals" and you'll get a huge ass list of things you can make in there.
>>
>>7531944
>living in a motel
>feeding 5 people
It's time to cut and run.
>>
Get a grocery store rotisserie chicken. Tear it apart and make stock with the carcass, skin, bones etc. Cook some rice and a bag of frozen mixed veggies in it with some meat. Mostly rice, with the veg and meat in that order since they're more expensive. Put it in some tupperware in a cooler to store. That's a week's meal prep for <$20.

Rice is super cheap so you can eat it as a filler meal with an egg or little seasoning or something. A little seasoning makes bland food taste good, don't be afraid to rely on that. Take sauce packets from fast food places if you can't or don't want to buy it.
>>
>shoestring budget

Slow cook some dark poultry with with your favorite vegetables, salt, and some spices.

Chicken thighs, leg quarters, drum sticks, wings, and their (superior) turkey counterparts are all cheap.

White meat is more expensive and will just end up dry.

>5 people

If these five people are picky eaters and you're not gonna lay down the law, then you're fucked.

Otherwise, you're in for some good shit.
>>
>Rice:
>Pasta (like spaghetti and suck)
>Corn, tuna.
>>
>>7532719
Somehow I forgot the OP said 5 people so to expand a little:

You can also swap ingredients and make a few varieties, including seasoning you can alter to make a spicy version, BBQ version etc. Just stick to the grain-veg-meat template. You may have to purchase broth or stock, curry paste or whatever. Making a solid mixture to store then adding your liquid over it before eating works too but it absorbs the flavor more if you cook it in like a soup.
>>
salsa chicken
>>
This board needs a crockpot sticky. The same question is asked and the same answers are given on a daily basis.
>>
>>7531944

which motel 6 are you at, i'll send you a pizza
>>
>>7531944
RIce or Pasta with tomatosauce.
Boiled eggs.
Oatmeals.

Also tell us your stoy anon.
>>
Almost no knead bread is fucking great. I use a crockpot for it even though it asks for a Dutch oven.
>>
Beans, potatoes, eggs. Use lots of salt and pepper, and spring for onions. Get meat when you can.
>>
>>7531944
soups/stews
as in vegetable/bean/rice soups

>>7532048
at least he doesn't spout memes like you
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.