[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ im trying to eat healthier so instead of burgers im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
Hey /ck/ im trying to eat healthier so instead of burgers im swapping it out for grilled chicken. What are some good Marinade recipes?
>>
>>7529618
try a bunch of different shit, also remember that you may not be eating healthier depending on how big those breast are and how big your burgers were.
>>
>>7529618
salad dressing
>>
>>7529626
Is there a specific place where I should start looking?
>>
I'be seen some science that says chicken is more likely to give you cancer. If you really want to be healthy, you need to make whole plant foods a greater proportion of your diet. Cruciferous vegetables are the single best addition to any diet.
>>
>>7529638
Compared to a burger, Chicken would be better right?
>>
>>7529638
this is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Beef is a lot worse than chicken in every health aspect possible. Eat chicken to your hearts content. It will not kill you.
>>
Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and olive oil with some chopped onions and garlic, let it sit overnight or at least a couple of hours in the fridge. Pat dry and either bake in the oven or sautee some rosemary in olive oil, remove and pan sear the chicken in the infused oil.
>>
>>7529742
>>7529742
Doesnt soy sauce have a shit ton of salt tho?
>>
>>7529618
>Marinade recipes
Never gonna make it brah
>>
>>7529618
Soy Sauce, Garlic, Rosemary
>>
>diet
You eat everything in moderation you fat fuck. Unless you are allergic, there is no sense in cutting something out completely and never eating eat. Likewise you dont stuff your face with a ton of the same shit.
>>
>>7529778
Yeah that's why you only do like a teaspoon or so
>>
>>7529800
Why pick on the guy? Tony chacheres is a good enough spice. Just get a low calorie wrap with plenty of veggies and he should be fine. Don't be a dick.
>>
>>7529800
Im not going on a Diet but am going to making conscious healthy choices instead of just reaching for junk
>inb4 135 pounds
>>
>>7529970
i wish they would sell creole seasoning around here. it sounds right up my alley.
>>
https://twitter.com/peta/status/715614896407187456
>>
Lemon Juice, oregano, garlic.
Add some olive oil just before grilling. Baste while grilling.
>>
>>7529618
no snacks, no soda, no juice, no fastfood and cook all your meals and your body will thank you.
>>
I always brine my chicken with a few of my favorite specs added.

I marrinaide it in yogurt (usually with Indian spices, but use what you like). It gives it a buttery taste/texture.

I grill on medium low for about an hour, turning ever 5 minutes. You can use a grilling pan if you don't have a propane grill. I use a brush to reapply the marrinaide ever other turn for the first 30 minutes.

After I take it off the grill I put it in an eclosed glass container with a drizzle of water in the bottom. I turn one side of the grill off and put the container on that side for 40 minutes.

The water turns to steam and rehydrated the skin. The brine keeps the meat moist. The yogurt gives it a great texture. All my friends say I make the best grilled chicken.
>>
>>7530240
Ma nigga. Lemon cest as well.
>>
>>7529618
Soy sauce, teriyaki and honey. Doesn't smell that nice when marinating but the taste is great.
Chinese BBQ seasoning
>>
>>7530518
yeah, i grill a slice of pineapple with this and think it's delicious
>>
>>7529618
Peri peri is GOAT tier. I made some yesterday and it was so good, you can add some as a sauce as well.

Bell pepper chopped in half, sliced garlic, an onion, all in the oven until the pepper is slightly black. Add a tablespoon of white vinegar and a tablespoon of lemon juice, some oregano and some salt and pepper and a tbsp of olive oil. Blend it all up until smooth and wa la.

Measurements aren't exact btw
>>
>>7529737
Not in every respect. Chicken is an inferior source of iron, saturated fat, and dietary cholesterol. I'd rather get those nutrients than not, personally.
>>
>>7529618
pork loin instead of chicken
>>
buy italian dressing a marinate in the morning for cooking at night

simple and tasty
>>
>>7530580
How can you call that "peri peri" when you don't even have any peri peri chilies in it? It's the goddamn name of the dish and you left it out? You didn't even come up with a close substitute.
>>
>>7529742
>olive oil
does oil get absorbed?
>>
>>7531122
Oh shit I forgot about the chilles lol

>>7530580
Add some chiles, peri peri if you can find them
>>
>>7531252

No. The only time oil gets absorbed into meats would be if you were deep-frying and had the temperature too low in which case it could seep into the breading or batter. But it doesn't soak into bare meats.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.