[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is objectively better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 240x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 240x325
Which one is objectively better?
>>
>>7529492
I like the right.
>>
>>7529492
Honestly it's probably drums because there's usually more meat, but for some reason I prefer wings.
>>
>>7529495
There's more meat on flats than drums.

Flats are goat. An unbreaded wing beats either you posted though.
>>
>>7529492
The leg. I love gnawing at the tendons and joints.
>>
Wing
>>
gimme dat wing
>>
>>7529492
I like the left. Perfect ratio of fried skin to meat.
>>
File: both.jpg (115 KB, 546x401) Image search: [Google]
both.jpg
115 KB, 546x401
>>7529492
whichever one I happen to be eating at the time
>>
>>7529492
leg
>>
>>7529492
Wing.
>>
Definitely a wing person, and fuck everyone who insists wings are white meat and therefore less flavorful. They have the least amount of meat, but also taste the best.
>>
>>7529492
The leg is good because theirs more meat, but the wing is even more better because you can apply more blue cheese.
>>
>>7529492
I prefer left.
The meat that sits between the bones is so tasty.
>>
I like the left, so satisfying to pull the 2 bones apart and eat the meat from each
>>
>>7529833
That's what she said

*boom tish* lmao u got wrecked m8, have an upvote
>>
>>7529845
I don't get it.
>>
>>7529492
I've been a fan of the flat piece more than the drumette. Don't do many finger foods, but wings are one of them, and I pick out the cartlidge/bones of the flat piece and roll it up. works best with Ya-Ya's because they're always soft and the bones are easily removed
>>
>>7529492
The wing.
>>
Do you people really call them wings and legs instead of flats and drums?

To me the wing is the flat+drum+tip and the leg is the drumstick. Is this a regional thing?
>>
File: chickenwings.jpg (184 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
chickenwings.jpg
184 KB, 427x640
>>7529874
I grew up in Singapore and Canada, I notice people here in Canadia refer to the left one as wings.

But classic BBQ wings I love to recognize are what you see here.
>>
I prefer chicken strips.
>>
>>7529492
drumette objectively better
the other one you have to like tongue-fuck it to get the meat between the bones and it has more icky veins and shit
nah I'll take the superior god-tier drumstickie ones thx
>>
>>7529904
The tongue fucking veins is what makes it good. It's the closest I'll ever get to performing oral sex
>>
>>7529492
Flats
>>
>>7529904

>more icky veins and shit

Nah, the meat usually slides right of the bones of the flats, whereas you often have to gnaw at the drumette and it still ends up left with cartilage and shit.
>>
>>7529492

If it's a good wing place, flats all the way. The skin is cooked more evenly and there's a slight challenge in getting all the meat off the bone which I enjoy. I like that little puff of steam that hits you in the lips when you split the bones apart to work out the meat.

If it's a mediocre wing place, I'll do all drums. They will at least be meaty and bready and somewhat satisfying, as long as they are generous with the sauce.
>>
Jesus we have some fucking amateurs here. I just assumed most people, especially in this board, knew how to eat wings properly.

I like both and will gladly eat any type. However, the flat is superior. The meat is typically more tender and juicy than the drum. The downside is the flat can be a little more difficult to dip into Bleu cheese (ranch people get the fuck out) than the drum.

As to those complaining about the difficulty of eating flats... Get a fucking clue. You take the wing and place it in front of you, holding it vertically so that the bones are pointing upwards. You take one side of the wing and grip the bone, preferably the smaller bone of the two. Then, you rip out that bone and if you execute this properly you will be left with a single bone holding all the meat and skin. You can then place the entire thing in your mouth and eat it all in one bite. Or, if you aren't a fucking slob, take your time with it.

It should be noted that tendies have a greater meat to cost ratio and you can typically request wing sauces on the side to make your own sort of boneless wings. But there are still times where you just want to pound back some wings.
>>
File: 1457925670619.png (82 KB, 635x820) Image search: [Google]
1457925670619.png
82 KB, 635x820
>go to a restaurant
>order a sunshine wheat and a bbq cheese burger with coleslaw
>guy next to me comes in
>starts flirting with the waitress I'm flirting with
>he orders a coors light, bottle
>he orders chicken tenders tossed in wingsauce
>he eats them with a fork and knife
>casual conversation reveals he's a fan of the Cleveland browns

it's really hard for me to not harm people sometimes.
>>
>>7529904
Wait, you don't remove one of the bones before you eat it?
>>
The right because it was designed by God to fit perfectly inside the human hand.
>>
>>7529495

Wingette has a better meat/skin/bone ratio which means the meat that is their is delicious.

Drummette or full drumsticks are just a chunk of shitty meat.
>>
>>7529492
the wings holy Christ why would anyone choose the other
>>
>>7529492
drummies
>>
Flats are vastly superior to drums, there's much more skin and the flavor is more intense.
>>
Right, I like eating that cartilage at the end of the bone
>>
>>7530310
>holy Christ why would someone like something I don't like
>>
>>7529904
You know, I was a tongue-fucker for years, but you know you can just break off one of the bones right?
>>
I like drumettes better. Flats are annoying to eat, even though they're delicious.
>>
>>7529492
>>7529613
I don't even look at what kind I'm grabbing for when I reach into my xl bucket of Buffalo wings tee bee eych pham
>>
>>7529904
Aw yes the irrefutable "objectively better" argument maymay
>>
Wings

I like the texture of wing meat better, it feels flakier for whatever reason
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.