[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the longest you have ever had to wait to be served food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: hungry.jpg (55 KB, 640x439) Image search: [Google]
hungry.jpg
55 KB, 640x439
What is the longest you have ever had to wait to be served food? Was it worth it?

What's the longest approximately you're willing to wait for food?
>>
i waited a year for jiro's sushi. it was sub-par
>>
If I am sitting at a table and there is no food on it within an hour I walk.
>>
>>7528856
Don't you inform someone first before you leave?

And would you not wait over an hour say if Gordon Ramsay were cooking your meal?
>>
I used to go to one Thai restaurant on a pretty regular basis. One time it took them like 30 minutes to take my order, then 30 minutes later I still didn't get my food. I left and I politely told the girl working that the wait is too long. Now whenever I come back they're super-timely.
>>
>>7528860
Maybe if appetizers are involved. When I go out to eat I am already hungry, after an hour I start evaluating my options.
>>
>>7528874
You could always eat before you go out to eat like a can of Chef Boyardee and let that sit in your tummy until right before the food arrives and then excuse yourself to the bathroom and stick your finger down your throat.
>>
>>7528860
If it's expected based on reviews or newspaper ads, then I'll wait. I've sat at a table with other people and they cooked everyones food but mine. The server said it was coming but it didn't in 2 hours. I went next door to burger king after they were done. I'd leave if i was by myself.
>>
>>7528776
I've gone 3 days without a single thing to eat in training

In my personal life going through depression, I lost my appetite and ability to sleep for almost a week on one occasion.
I was a zombie.

Realistically, I don't wait for more than an hour to eat once I've decided I am hungry.
I usually won't go into a restaurant if it appears as though there might be a long wait (full house, full parking lot, line out the door, someone doesn't almost immediately show up to seat me if it is a proper restaurant).
I will also leave if my order isn't taken within about 15 minutes of being seated.
>>
After we ordered food, we waited for almost an hour and a half before the manager came over and talked to us. It turned out the waiter quit his job after he took our orders. The busboy did a good job refilling our water glasses.
>>
90 minutes for sushi breakfast at tsukiji fish market. it was well worth it.
>>
>>7528776
Lol pay for cumshot
>>
>>7528776
In a full house, I'll accept a one hour wait for the food if the drink service is quick and gets me tipsy.
>>
File: Thai.jpg (17 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
Thai.jpg
17 KB, 511x288
>>7528865
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.