[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had Non-homogenised milk? Your thoughts? Why is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: images-1.jpg (21 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
21 KB, 470x313
Have you ever had Non-homogenised milk? Your thoughts?

Why is homogenising popular in the first place?

I just tried it I thought maybe it was the novelty that made it taste good but after researching apparently homogenising milk breaks down the fat globules. The cream on top is ultra thick, you could use it as a spread. It makes me wonder why the cream sold in shops is always liquid slop.
>>
It's pretty good, once you drink a bit from it it should give you enough room in the bottle to shake it up and mix it all back together, otherwise you end up drinking the creamy bit on top and the bottom liquidy part can become a bit watery.
>>
>>7528397
When I was growing up in England . . .I was born in 1965 . . .. .non-Homogenised milk was the norm, it was delivered in bottles from the milkman.

It caused a shitstorm with my brothers and sisters as to who would open the next bottle and pour the cream onto their breakfast cereal.

Those days are gone.
>>
>>7528397
I used to work on a plantation and I was in charge of the milkin heifers. I tasted a lot of milks in those years. I'll say I perfer the milk you buy inna store.
>>
I had milk pretty much fresh from the cow once. Was pretty good.
>>
In India we still get non homogenized milk. Partly because it allows people to skim the cream off the milk themselves and use it in cooking or for making butter. Homogenized milk wouldn't sell there because people will feel ripped off.
>>
>TFW you get a nice tasty glob of cream floating in the milk when you drink it raw
>>
>>7528432
POO
>>
>>7528397
>>7528413
>>7528415
>>7528416
>>7528421
>>7528432
>>7528432
>>7528458
>>7528459
S/N A M E F A G
A
M
E
F
A
G
>>
>>7528471
Wait what is this
>kill me
>>
if this really is a thinly veiled attempt at shilling i think i might die of secondhand embarassment
>>
>>7528397
My family used to own a dairy farm, so I spent most of my childhood working there. The milk was really good, but my mum refused to drink it so we ended up drinking low fat supermarket milk instead, which I was stupid to go along with. Now I really miss the taste of fresh milk. Everything else tastes watered down in comparison
>>
It's the only kind I drink, I refuse to put horizon frankenfood into my body

I feel sorry for ignorant flyovers who are afraid of real food
>>
>>7528473

At first I thought it was shitposting but somewhat recently I've found these posts make it much easier for Indians like me to find fellow Indian posters and threads on 4chan.

Now it ironically feels like /pol/ organized to do indian posters (or at least me) something of a favor.
>>
>>7528475

I don't think you know what that word means
>>
>>7528397
Personally I remember it from my childhood and all that icky cream at the top really put me off milk in a big way.
>>
>>7528471
>Being this fucking stupif
>>
>>7528485
I also come from a family with a dairy farm. If you ask me, non-homogenised milk is just a novelty. It tastes marginally better, but not enough for it to matter to me.

>>7528526
This isn't a real problem, just stir the milk to mix the cream back into it or scoop it out. I guess it's too late to say that now though.
>>
I bought a pint of nonhomogenized milk from a grocery store in mennonite country. I liked the creaminess of it, but I wouldn't bother paying more for milk that's less safe and doesn't keep as long
>>
>>7528397
Burger here. I only buy it if I'm making a fresh cheese.
>>
>>7528588
>less safe

nigga shut the fuck up
>>
The non-homogenised milk I tried in the USA was lumpy despite shaking. The non-homogenised milk I've had in the UK is basically what >>7528415 describes. I'd rather have regular organic milk than non-homogenised milk for better flavour if it's lumpy - it comes with cream on top anyway from certain suppliers.

There are different grades of cream anyway. You probably want to get something with a higher fat content. Funnily enough, American cream is unusually low in fat compared to the creams I've used in the UK.
>>
>>organic
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/httpblogsscientificamericancomscience-sushi20110718mythbusting-101-organic-farming-conventional-agriculture/
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.