[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ So I've recently found pic related at my grandma's.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1459512833643.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
1459512833643.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Hey /ck/

So I've recently found pic related at my grandma's. How the hell does this thing work? The directions to use make no sense. Is this thing even edible? Is this army stuff?

Also, the stamp on the top says "10790" Is that an expiration date? Not an americanfag, so no clue how it works.

Thanks!
>>
More pics?
>>
>>7528250
There is nothing else in there. Just a 4 litre tin can.
>>
>>7528248
What do you mean it makes no sense?
open the tin, add the right amount of the powder within to milk, and whisk, should end up with something resembling angel delight.

Not that eating possibly expired military desserts is a good idea.
>>
>>7528248

TWO GALLONS OF PUDDING
>>
Looks like either a C-ration or an MCI ration. Not sure how old is would be but since it's just powder it might still be edible.
>>
OP here

But what doesthat number mean? Is it an expiration date? Release number? DaVinci code?

I wonder if it's edible.

I didn't understand because it mentions DRY MILK. So you gotta add milk to it, whisk and enjoy a 20+ old army sundae?
>>
>>7528248
>I've recently found pic related
Get fucked newfag
>>
I don't understand
>>
>>7528409
"pic related" is a term to denote that the picture you posted is relevant to the thread, as opposed to a random picture. it absolutely isn't a noun for the item pictured, which makes no fucking sense anyway, and if you posted here before last year you would know that. I doubt you're even old enough to post here.
>>
>>7528344

It's five pounds, thus it's clearly not part of a normal soldier's rations like C-rations. This would have been something used to prepare food in bulk in a mess hall, not something issued to an individual soldier.

>>7528386
The number is almost certainly a lot code. In other words, if a problem was found with the contents that number could be used to track how/when it was made.

>>I wonder if it's edible.
Depends on what you mean. Canned food lasts for decades assuming the seal wasn't compromised. It will be safe to eat. Whether or not it tastes good is a different story.

>>So you gotta add milk to it, whisk and enjoy a 20+ old army sundae?
Yes. This would have been done in bulk by the army cooks then served up to the soldiers with a spoon, sort of like a cafeteria serving line.
>>
>>7528248
im pretty sure it means it was made on the 107th day of 1990
>>
What the fuck is up with all these namefags
>>
>>7529488
You tell me, Claire.
>>
>>7529470
don't be a fag. Years before 2000 only had 100 days in them.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.