[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe to eat pantry moths? I've got way too many and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: pantrymoths.jpg (86 KB, 434x276) Image search: [Google]
pantrymoths.jpg
86 KB, 434x276
Is it safe to eat pantry moths? I've got way too many and figure if they've been eating my food I might as well take advantage of them if I can.

They taste fine raw, but I need to be certain I'm not going to make myself sick if I eat too many of them. I'm thinking about collecting a bunch and seeing how a plate of them taste fried.

Google was no help. All results are about getting rid of infestations, which I already know about.

Also urban foraging general, if you want.
>>
Those are nothing compared to grain weevils. I had some, so now I refrigerate all my grains and nuts. They can bore through paper, plastic, and drywall,, and reproduce by traumatic insemination. How are they able to climb up the outsides of bowls they seem unable to climb back out of? Any concave surface became filled with them.
>>
File: vomit.jpg (25 KB, 395x405) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
25 KB, 395x405
>>
>>7527963
Hmm most insects carry some kind of parasitic microorganism that may or may not be detrimental to your health. I do not know if that also applies to pantry moths, but i would not rule out a gastrointestinal infection that could leave you vomiting your guts out for a night or two.
>>
>>7527996
>animu on a food and cooking board.
>>
File: 1457887906411.png (12 KB, 880x131) Image search: [Google]
1457887906411.png
12 KB, 880x131
>>7528141
>>
>>7527963
These fuckers. These evil free wheeling food ruining bastards. Fuck them. Five years I've been trying to get rid of these, yet soon as April comes there'll be a sudden flitter across a lamp and I'll know it's time to put the pantry into lockdown, buy some pheromone tape and spend hours of my life in a swatting frenzy. Came in in a box of muesli. Will not go out. Fuck them to all hell.
>>
I remember one of my old jobs was in an organic health food store, we had shelves full of dried food like nuts, muesli, oats, grains. The bulk bins were full of moths and larvae. The boss used to make me put food in the freezer to kill bugs and then put it back on the shelf for sale. Some fucked up shit went on in that store. Conventional food labeled organic and fucking hipsters and health nuts paying premium for it.

This one time a guy came in the shop with a bag of muesli, it had moths flying around in it and said he wanted a refund. I asked him if he had a receipt, he didn't so I refused to give a refund and then he asked me if it was still safe to eat. One way to find out buddy.
>>
>>7528278
>Jose Esperza
Build wall!
>>
I seriously doubt it will make you sick if that's all you're worried about.
The little larvae taste sweet I think. It's hard to tell though since they're so small and I've never had much of them.
>>
This thread is fucking sick.

Is there a way of getting rid of them totally?
>>
>>7528314
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.