[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good book or website on eating healthy on a tight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 328x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 328x366
What's a good book or website on eating healthy on a tight budget?
>>
>>7526610
rice and beans
>>
>>7526712
Eating healthy, not poor.
>>
>>7526610
http://brokeassgourmet.com/
>>
>>7526731
Beans and whole grains are healthy. I have a budget whole plant foods book I can email if you want.
>>
http://www.leannebrown.com/
>>
>>7526742
Never mind, need to go do stuff now.
>>
>healthy
>on a tight budget
>not poor

You know they have medication to treat delusions right?
>>
>>7526786
Just skip the meat or just eat chicken and fish. Save the money that you would've used to buy soda and chips and use it to buy better foods. Contrary to what people think, frozen vegetables are not that bad for you. Although, you should buy your vegetables in a bag and not in a can. Buy in bulk and from the bulk bin.
>>
rice, beans, potatoes, frozen vegetables, lentils.

nutritious and cheap in bulk and with some simple cooking techniques can be adapted to many meals, if you want meat, forget beef, it's not happening, go for cheap pork like pork chops and chicken thighs.
>>
>>7526799
You don't get as much sulforaphane from frozen broccoli. Unless you add ground mustard seed. Then it's good.
>>
if you want to get serious about beans, you'll need a pressure cooker, like the presto 01370. I eat a ton of veggie bean chili and whole wheat bread. 2 meals a day. no snacking. supplement with lean poultry, non fat yogurt, and other low fat foods, veggies, etc.
>>
>>7526816
>low fat
confirmed for not knowing anything about dieting
>>
>>7526816
Pressure cookers are handy. I cook soaked beans and grains together in the same elevated pot inside one.
>>
>>7526816
This, also if you're in australia then kangaroo is cheap and super healthy. Also Aus have whiting which has pretty good macro's for cheap.
>>
>>7526610
>>>/fit/
>>
4chan
>>
rice and beans, get a good hot sauce, seasonings, spices
>>
>>7526826
Kangaroo averages around $15-$20/kg from what I've seen. Cheap compared to supermarket beef, but not compared to budget beef cuts at the butcher.
>>
>>7526610
rice and beans and broccoli and/or spinach
>>
figure it's better to hijack this nigger's thread instead of making a new shitty one
but do you /ck/ucks know anything about how to not eat like a pig? i can't stop eating all the time. the feeling of hunger consumes me almost 24/7. somehow, despite that, and despite never doing anyhting but sit in bed, i also haven't budged past 190 pounds.
>>
>>7527826
Fasting helped me with this problem.
>>
>>7526712
Any ways to make them properly? I just tried making it earlier today and it was terrible.
>>
File: FrugalGourmet.jpg (29 KB, 474x329) Image search: [Google]
FrugalGourmet.jpg
29 KB, 474x329
>>7526610
The Frugal Gourmet of course.
>>
>>7526816
>non fat yogurt

nigga shut the fuck up
>>
>>7529257
can you elaborate? pls
>>
>>7530694
Just start skipping breakfast, eat more healthy fats at other meals

>>7526610
Carbs: Whole grains, sweet potato etc
Protein: Lean dairy, chicken breast, any lean meat really
>Fat: Avocado, nuts, olives
Must haves: Sardines/Salmon, nuts, oats, eggs
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.