[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /ck/, I know it's just a meme, but at this point, I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: vangogh.jpg (10 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
vangogh.jpg
10 KB, 230x219
So /ck/, I know it's just a meme, but at this point, I am so desperate and fed-up that I am actually going to try cutting off all gluten/wheat/dairy from my diet. Sorry, but the doctors can't tell me what's wrong and two years I've suffered.

But the real thing I came to ask you is: can I still eat oats? I always eat oatmeal in the morning, and I don't know what else I'd eat otherwise. Plus my digestion has been greatly bettered by my eating oats, and it helps me feel full until lunch-time.

If it makes any difference, I just eat the Quaker brand oats, traditional. Boil them in water, eat them plain.
>>
>>7525974
What are your symptoms? And if the oats have seemingly improved your symptoms, keep eating them. They do have gluten free oats though. They aren't bad. If you want the "healthiest" oats, go with the steel cut. They just take longer to cook!
>>
File: Bobs-Red-Mill.jpg (75 KB, 341x500) Image search: [Google]
Bobs-Red-Mill.jpg
75 KB, 341x500
Yes there is such a thing as "gluten-free oats"
>>
Why are you avoiding gluten? Were you diagnosed with celiac by a physician or do you have some other problem?
>>
>Sorry, but the doctors can't tell me what's wrong and two years I've suffered.
If your doctors had the least bit of competence, they would have already tested for celiac and lactose, plus done endoscopy. You haven't provided any information at all about the nature of your problem. If you go gluten-free, it becomes impossible to get an accurate medical diagnosis for celiac disease.
>>
>>7526006
Thanks for typing this I'm on my phone this is what I wanted to say
>>
>>7525989
>>7525990
>>7526006
It's not a stomach issue (I think) so much as an ear and throat problem. Chronic sinusitis: pressure in ear (feels like it's clogged even though there's no liquid, absolutely awful), bad breath that doesn't go away, mucus in back of throat. I've taken allergy meds, taken anti-histamines, anti-biotics. Didn't go away. At this point, the two things that most affect me are the bad breath (has made me extremely paranoid and lowered my self-esteem) and my ear 'pain' (it always bothers me and gives me discomfort which sometimes gives me really bad headaches).

And I keep seeing people on the internet say "it might be because of wheat/gluten/dairy", and, honestly, why not try it? It's not as though it could get any worse.
>>
>>7525974
>can I still eat oats

If you knew what gluten was then you ought to already know the answer to this question.

Why are you afraid of something that you don't even understand the basics of?
>>
>>7526018
You can just get surgery, worked for me kek. But I had a high tier surgeon. Ear pressure is probably gonna be from Eustachian tube clogging resulting from sinusitis goop at the back of the nasal cavity. All that shit's gotta get cleared out. Anyway, this has jack shit to do with gluten and dairy, you have a chronic infection.
>>
>>7526063
Well, what surgery? One doctor told me to get sinus surgery done right away (where they vacuum up all the mucus inside infected sinuses), and another one told me that I wouldn't require surgery but urged me to get an allergy test. Well, which one's right?

And yes, last time my doctor checked, he noticed the openings to my eustachian tubes were inflamed.

What exactly is even causing a chronic infection? What even causes sinusitis? I still don't even know.
>>
You can eat oats as long as they weren't processed on the same equipment as wheat. My husband has celiac so I can answer any questions you might have.

The basic Quaker brand oats are not gluten free, but they make something like a "healthy and natural" line that are.
>>
>>7526018
These aren't symptoms of anything to do with gluten. I have the same issue because I have extremely narrow sinuses. If you're overweight, losing weight helps. Try taking a decongestant daily (anything with pseudoephedrine works the best) and gargle with peroxide 2x a day and pick up a gum habit.

Go see an audiologist, you will probably need to have tubes put in your ears.
>>
>>7526077
The chronic infection is caused because all the mucus/earwax buildup is causing impaction in your ears. That shit can't drain out properly and is just sitting around in there, full of breeding bacteria.

You need surgery to correct this.

http://www.entnet.org/content/ear-tubes
>>
>>7526112
Well, see, I don't know if I have celiac. It's just that my symptoms have persisted for two years now without any sign of going away, and I see many testimonies of people online that say they improved, some having symptoms that sound close to what I'm having. Did your husband's celiac mean he had sinusitis when he ate gluten?

>>7526121
But 'what' causes the sinusitis?
Decongestants don't work for me, and I've been chewing gum every single day for two years because of the bad breath this issue gives me.

Also, why would I need to have tubes put in my ears? I've been to tons of doctors, and so far none of them have said I have liquid or discharge in my ears - that's what the tubes are there for, right? To allow any extant liquid or discharge inside the ear to leak out.
>>
>>7526140
Sinistis has nothing to do with celiac, no. His symptoms were loose, pale stools, leg and thigh pain, tiredness, and he ate over 5,000 calories a day as he was always hungry but had a lot of trouble gaining or maintaining his weight.
>>
>>7526140
The sinusitis is already there, now it's just self-perpetuating and causing more damage to adjacent organs. In my case (and I'm certainly not the only one), the sinusitis only went away with surgery, it was gone instantly and permanently after recovery. Wasted a couple months with imbecile doctors prescribing antibiotics and decongestants that did fuck all. After 2 years I have trouble believing any doctor would still recommend something other than surgery
>>
Why not try avoiding refined grains first. And anything that isn't a whole plant food? Whole wheat and barley are worth eating if you can.
>>
>>7526156
I see. No, my stools are quite good, actually, and I don't have any particular leg/thigh pain or tiredness.

As for gaining weight, I wish I had trouble gaining weight.

>>7526160
The doctor I went to maybe a month ago stuck some tube with a camera up my nose, and inserted it and moved it around until he reached my eustachian tube. Like I said, he told me it was inflamed, and told me he would recommend taking an allergy test and "giving decongestants another chance"... He said he didn't want the surgery option. Yet another doctor I went to in the past said he wanted to do surgery.

What symptoms were you having?
>>
>>7525974
As an internet doctor what I recommend is to sit back, relax and enjoy life. Go out for walks and try to keep in touch with your friends. And for goodness sake stop taking so many pills.

Now get out of my surgery!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.