[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this guy shitting everyone or is this real kobe? Why would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: why.png (770 KB, 528x623) Image search: [Google]
why.png
770 KB, 528x623
Is this guy shitting everyone or is this real kobe? Why would anyone sell high quality beef to some idiot who cant cook? Do they even distribute to regular consumers instead of restaurants only?
>>
>>7525845
>Why would anyone sell high quality beef to some idiot who cant cook?
Do you think they should check your qualifications before selling you meat?
>>
>>7525847
some meat, not all meat. just like some medicine, not all medicine. just like some weapons, not all weapons.
>>
>>7525854
Meat isnt medicine
>>
>>7525845

It's likely true if from Japan, as Kobe beef is not exported anywhere...

If he's outside Japan, it's not Kobe beef...

And purchasers of Kobe beef are not asked for id's or the like...
>>
>>7525859
I know. And weapons aren't medicine. You still should have some qualifications before wasting quality product that could have gone to somebody who would know what they were doing.
I mean, you can make a lot more money selling your shit to every retard, but you should have standards anyway, pride, a non-jew heart.
>>
>>7525867
please stop posting and leave /ck/ forever
>>
>>7525847
>>7525860
Don't they treat kobe like a national treasure? I would think that they would only know what the hell they are doing. A friend of mine went to a upscale place to get it and the chef didn't allow her to choose the doneness, he cooked it to medium rare and that's that. I would think that if you weren't allowed to choose how it's cooked, you wouldnt be able to purchase it.
>>
>>7525906
that second sentence. tried to shorten two sentences but didnt bother to proofread.
>>
>>7525906
>a certain restaurant not allowing customers to choose doneness means all kobe sales require the buyer to prove to the seller that they can cook
>>
>>7525867
Oh yes, lets the elite maintain their elite status

Go vote trump, classist scum!
>>
Probably just wagyu, not kobe specifically.
>>
>>7525906
I read a documentary that the japanese keep Kobe beef as a secret.

The only reason countries outside japan has it was due to them accidentally sending kobe bull sperm to a lab which was then stolen and sold on the black market. This proceeded to allow a lot of people to breed their own Kobe cows that are just as good as the japanese ones, they just don't follow the official sign and seal of Kobe from japan.
>>
File: A5 Beef.jpg (51 KB, 490x295) Image search: [Google]
A5 Beef.jpg
51 KB, 490x295
>>7525845

the pic doesn't list the grade of 'kobe beef'.
>>
looks like the kind of beef I can find frozen in asian supermarkets here in the west coast, nothing too special, the quality wildly varies and the marbling can make it look higher quality than it actually is.
>>
>>7526020
Lol

Kobe is more due to cruelty than the breed, or is that wagyu
>>
>>7526020
I often read documentaries.
>>
>>7525845

if it aint official it aint kobe my friend
>>
>>7525906

If I wasn't able to purchase what I actually wanted, I'd fucking walk...Nobody tells me how I eat or what I eat, especially when I'm paying for it, Kobe or not...and no, I've never had Kobe...
>>
>>7525845
>le I asked my friend to leave my house once he asked for his steak well done face
>>
If Kobe beef is so good why don't they just replace all cows worldwide with Kobe cows?
>>
>>7526345
It's part of older Japanese chef custom. They trained for tears to be a chef, so the expectation is that they know how to prepare the food, and it is their own place, so you eat it like they serve it.

Some particularly controling chefs will tell patrons to fuck out of their establishment if they try to make demands for meal prep.
>>
>>7526317
When will this meme end?
>>
>>7528069
Less beer
No milk
Beef jerky
>>
>>7525906
I went to a 2 star place in Tokyo, total meal ended up costing something like $800 for two people and the cheapest wine they had. Kobe steak was obviously part of the menu and we were allowed to choose the doneness.

>>7525860
It says right there he is eating it in Osaka, although thats obviously just normal wagyu and not A5 Kobe steak
>>
>>7525854
The autism is strong in this one.
>>
>>7528069
kobe beef is a regional brand/trademark the same way champagne and Stilton cheese is.

Even if you use the same breed of cattle and raising methods its not kobe unless it comes from the Kobe region in Japan.
But it is trademarked only in Japan, so a lot of restaurants in USA and Europe will serve local marbled beef and call it kobe.
>>
>>7525854

Just because Kobe doesn't pass doesn't mean kobe beef doesn't pass too
>>
>>7525854
Jesus christ this is the dumbest thing I've read on /ck/
>>
>>7525906
I've worked at a place that won't let you have their precious grass fed coastal located prime heifers any other way besides medium rare or whatever. Wasn't kobe, just an expensive organic steak
>>
>>7525845
Because if they're willing to pay for it, who gives a fuck what they do with it?

>Do they even distribute to regular consumers instead of restaurants only?
Yeah. You have to find a real butcher and not the meat department at Wal-Mart Tyrone.
>>
>>7528229

actual osakafag here. izumisano is poorfag area near kansai airport. osaka prefecture, not city. unlikely to be very fresh or good quality, especially not if served to a foreigner who will be blinded by muh marbling and won't know what it really is.

you got fucking ripped off. noma's 15 course pop-up in toyko was the same price pretty much. going to need a citation for that 2 star kobe steak restaurant. smells like bullshit.
>>
Kobe is fatty as fuck and the japs love slicing it thin and eating it above med rare. It depresses me that you're attaching some sort of moral weight to the value/scarcity of the product. You can do what you like if you can afford it
>>
>>7528071
>2016
>not training for tears
>>
>>7525906

There simply wasn't a large enough market for it, although there is now.

Even in the past anyone with enough money could pay someone to go the Japanese meat wholesalers and get a courier to bring him Kobe beef. I'm sure the crystal crowd did just that.
>>
>>7528429
What is the difference between Osaku-fu and and Osaka "city", or is it just the same distinction between the 23 and Tokyo-to
>>
>eating memebeef
>>
>>7528748
Fuck off David
>>
>>7526295
wat

Pretty sure they massage and booze up their kobe cows on the regular to keep them relaxed and tender 24/7; also gets a head start on marination.
>>
>>7525845
>In Osaka, Japan

fucking nigger you can buy Kobe Beef at most big supermarkets around Kobe
>>
>>7525949
you've got it backwards retard
trump would be for free trade and sell the beef to everyone as its most profitable
sanders would want government regulation and restriction

use your head famalam, stay away from occupy democrats
>>
>>7528071
A chef like that would get the fuck beat out of him real quick trying to pull that bullshit.
>>
>>7529841
>Guy Cherry
So close to Guy Fieri
>>
>>7529284
lol no
don't fall for the meme
>>
>>7525854
Holy fuck you're some kind of autistic
>>
>>7525845
kobe is overated bullshit.
I tasted it once and regret the money I spent which was 4 times higher from normal one.
>>
>>7531795
Must not have been prepared well. Try Bonefish Grill's Kobe burger.
>>
>>7531426
some autistic, not all autistic.
>>
File: 1458505993570.jpg (260 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
1458505993570.jpg
260 KB, 900x948
>>7525854
>>
File: 1456595581272.gif (2 MB, 383x576) Image search: [Google]
1456595581272.gif
2 MB, 383x576
>>7525854
>>
>>7532327
>Bonefish Grill
>one of those steak houses that springs up around malls

fuck that shit, last time i went to one of those the fillet i ask to be med rare came back med well and the lobster was overcooked as fuck.
>>
>>7529841
An American chef in America, maybe.
>>
>>7525888
obey the trips op
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.