[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the hottest pepper you've ever tried? What recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Carolina-Reaper.jpg (245 KB, 1720x1339) Image search: [Google]
Carolina-Reaper.jpg
245 KB, 1720x1339
Whats the hottest pepper you've ever tried? What recipes do you use them in?

Have tried habaneros before, and they're pretty useful for adding heat to meals. Though, anything higher than that, you'd probably just taste nothing but pain.
>>
habenero

they have a weird flavor so i don't use them but they work ok if you use them to add spice to a sweet sauce.
>>
I've eaten a whole a ghost pepper before. Ate the whole thing whole, it tinged my tongue a little bit but it wasn't all that spicy. Seriously wtf the hype is so fake on those.

If you can't eat a whole habanero you're not a real man.
>>
>>7524191
Suuuuuure you did buddy. Was that before or after you became an astronaut ?
>>
>>7524191
habaneros are pretty hot, not as much as I expected, but its still pretty hot.

>Ate the whole thing whole, it tinged my tongue a little bit but it wasn't all that spicy.

Your pain receptors are probably broken.
>>
Can a pepper be so spicy that it is physically hot to the touch?
>>
Scotch Bonnets are really the hottest you should realistically go for culinary purposes. And even then those are best used in large soups. Note that scotch bonnets taste much better than regular habaneros do (good luck finding a grocer that knows the difference though).

Anything past that is just a meme pepper.
>>
>>7524247
No. They're safe to rub on your balls too.
>>
>>7524191
you are either full of shit or had a shitty batch

I can eat whole habenaros without making a face or anything, one night i was pretty drunk and my friend had given me a bag of home grown ghost peppers, lets just say I took on the challenge of eating one whole, bit it down to the stem, shit was intense, i could not help but be visibly distraught, about 15 minutes after my body didn't want it anymore and I had to throw it up, which was an equally shitty experience. I have the whole experience on video but you people will just have to take my word for it.

I got a free vacuum sealer out of it though totes worth it.
>>
>>7524224
>>7524240
>>7524294
lol its just a pepper dude, mind over matter dont be a puss
>>
>>7524294
>inb4 real men tell you you're a pussy
>>
>>7524247
the "hotness" is just it burning through your cells, so no, theres no amount of capsaicin you can get to that would make the pepper actually increase in temperature. chemial burns dont normally feel hot unless theres an exothermal reaction with your skin.
>>
Bird's eye.
>>
>>7524191
You got ripped off by the chilli merchant
>>
>>7524160

Jalapeno
>>
I've bought dried ghost pepper on Amazon three years ago. It was hot as hell. I've also had wings that had Carolina reaper sauce, biggest mistake of my life. My friends puked from having one wing 6 hours later. The restaurant was called buddies pizza plus in old forge New York.
>>
Bhut Jolokia. Ate one raw as a dare. I'd never put it in a meal. It would ruin it.
>>
>>7524191
>Lying on the internet
>>
>>7524160
I've eaten habanero in Mexico but Suriname Madame janeatte still seems hotter to me and also much tastier because it's fruitier. Adjuma comes in second. Rawwits are less hot then habanero's but the heat can build up when you have more of them so it basically stacks until you can't take it no more.
>>
File: Triggered.jpg (3 KB, 107x125) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.jpg
3 KB, 107x125
That looks like the devils prolapsed anus.
>>
I took 2 ghost chilis and minced them into a shredded bbq chicken mix.

It started off pleasantly warm, but after awhile became quite painful in my stomach. I could feel it move down my digestive track as I laid down. Very interesting feeling
>>
I cook with hot peppers fairly often.

I use habaneros with seafood and in sweet sauces. Most common would be pan-fried fish with a habanero-mango sauce. I sometimes remove the seeds/membrane and then stuff them with sausage meat and cheese, then grill them.

When I cook chili I use a large number of milder peppers (ancho, guajillo, etc.) for the base flavor and then add something hot. Recently I've been using a crossbreed between ghost peppers & scorpion.

If I make a hot curry then I use Naga Morich, which isn't quite as hot as some of the others mentioned here but has an awesome flavor.
>>
Carolina Reaer when i was drunk. Fucking horrible decision. Puked fire basically
>>
>>7525129
I had half a one, was like being pepper sprayed in the face and throat. Next day was just as bad with liquid shits that burnt any part of the skin it touched
>>
>>7525129
I had one dried and I chugged milk like a baby and threw up, my stomach felt like it was being ripped apart for the rest of the day.
Shitting it out was horrible too.
>>
>>7524191
Hey look, its 'that kid'
>>
>>7524260
Scotch bonnets are delicious. Nicely spicy with a good flavour. A welcome addition to a sandwich.
>>
>>7525358

half a habenero in a big pot of Jollof rice is enough for me

not much into schadenfreude, but the smirk on this kid's face dissolving in the heat is pure magic - what's the matter tough guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWyxhOrykZ8
>>
I grow Trinidad Scorpions, they're very delicious but realistically not that useful from a culinary perspective. I sometimes throw one in a pot of chili but most of the time I just make hot sauce out of them.
>>
File: Moruga_Nearly_Ripe_2.jpg (1 MB, 1518x1568) Image search: [Google]
Moruga_Nearly_Ripe_2.jpg
1 MB, 1518x1568
My own homegrown Morugas, Brainstrains and Bhuts.
Somehow doing the eat it and feel the burn challenges quickly loses its appeal.

However it is fun tricking my body, puting pieces of superhots into hamburgers, eating that shit, not having much problems other than it being a tad hotter than expected and then having fun with the ring of fire shitting the resulting shite out.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.