[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Low-Calorie Snacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 8
File: 1145612418998.png (295 KB, 2943x2210) Image search: [Google]
1145612418998.png
295 KB, 2943x2210
I snack far too much and want to lose weight. Rather than trying to cut out snacking entirely, I figure I should start with less-fattening stuff in addition to exercise.

I don't care if it's empty calories, I don't care if it's loaded with chemicals, I just want something with a good shelf-life and very little preparation. What should I get?
>>
the problem with empty calories (read: sugar) is that you'll be hungry pretty soon afterward

why not just fit nuts into your calorie allowance? the fat + protein content will keep you satiated for a longer period of time.
>>
>>7523312
airpopped popcorn
>>
Pickles. They taste good and have virtually no calories, also pretty filling.
>>
I dip broccoli in hummus as a snack. Hummus is calorie-dense, so don't use too much.
>>
>>7523387
This.
You can get your salty or sweet fix depending on the variety.
Just watch out for all the oil and butter.
>>
>>7523312
No, cut out snacking entirely. You want a snack? Drink a coffee and stave off the hunger until the next meal. Just stop buying snacks, pretty easy.
>>
>>7523312

carrots, sunflower seeds, celery, cantaloupe/melon, tuna, cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt/non sugar one, diet soda
>>
>>7523448
I don't like coffee. I'm also trying to cut out caffeine before bed. I've tried to "just stop buying snacks". And no, it's not easy, not for me at least.
>>
>>7523312
you should only be snacking if you're missing a meal. you either need to eat more balanced and satiating meals, or you want to eat because you're bored.
>>
Sunflower seeds nigga
>>
>>7523312
>I don't care if it's empty calories

You should as that is the worst possible thing for losing weight.

Eat vegetables. Remember when you where a kid and your parents would give you a peeled carrot for a snack? do that.

Cheap as fuck and its healthy
>>
>>7523491
Then you've already rationalized and accepted your position. Now you're looking for confirmation, in a convoluted way.

Kind of like those housewives who switch to green tea coffee drinks overloaded with cream and sugar thinking it will burn calories. There is a hard an honest truth, and you're not facing it.
>>
>>7523502
I've been on a mostly liquid diet and frequently crave solid food. Then I eat because I'm bored.
>>
>>7523526
I switched from regular soda to diet soda because quitting regular was too difficult due to the combined sugar and caffeine withdrawal. I switched over to diet rather easily because it still has the caffeine, I thinking I've recently been eating more snacks to compensate, so I'm trying to find snacks I can eat that aren't fattening.

I don't rely on willpower because I know I don't have enough of it to go cold turkey, so I'm trying to use cheap, simple substitutes and gradual transitioning.
>>
>>7523552
Well then, congrats on your temporary, half-assed diet, and eventual relapse.
>>
>>7523482
Nix the melon and diet soda, if you need something carbonated sparkling water or lemon water are great. Raw veggies in general are solid choices, but warning gas.
>>
If you eat onlyvwho plant foods (in reasonable ratios, not a jar of peanut butter daily), you can lose weight while always having your stomach full. You'll eventually be craving veggies if you keep at it long enough. When I shop hungry, my cart fills with greens
>>
I don't snack at all, and only eat 2 meals a day, and I feel fine.

You need to cut all fat from your diet, and eat foods rich in carbs and fiber. Like beans and whole wheat bread.
>>
>>7523565
*whole plant foods
Phone keyboard is fucking up and can't use desktop until I pick up a new hard drive. Bad sector count has begun to increase.
>>
>>7523562
>Nix the melon and diet soda, if you need something carbonated sparkling water or lemon water are great.
What if you need caffeine, but hate coffee and tea?

>>7523565
>If you eat whole plant foods
Considering the only thing I ate today was soylent and bacon, that's not going to happen.

>>7523566
>I don't snack at all
Good for you, I'm not going to quit.
>>
>>7523566
>all fat
No. A serving a day of nuts is good. And flax is great. And every whole food comtains *some* fat.
>>
>>7523326
The problem with nuts is that they're extremely calorie dense. You eat a handful of almonds and that's like 400 kcal right there. Whereas you could eat raw vegetables all day for practically no calories.
>>
Pistachios and those easy peel tangerines are good snacks. Portion out the nuts so you don't absent-minded eat a whole bag though.
>>
>>7523590
Nuts are also extremely satiating somehow. There's been some interesting studies on their non-effect on weight. Should I bother finding them?
>>
>>7523491
>And no, it's not easy, not for me at least.

Then you're gonna be a fat worthless fuck forever.

It is fucking easy, you're just too much of a worthless shit to accomplish a fucking easy thing. Fuck you.
>>
File: lindt-chocoalte-image-3-600.jpg (71 KB, 600x344) Image search: [Google]
lindt-chocoalte-image-3-600.jpg
71 KB, 600x344
Dry-roasted chickpeas with cayenne pepper sprinkled on top (and a little bit of sea salt if it's too bland for you). Cayenne pepper is actually good for fat-burning, and chickpeas are an excellent source of protein.

Another thing I'd recommend is dark chocolate. Lindt has a line of dark chocolates in various concentrations, from 70%, 85%, 90%, to 99%. The higher the better. Alternatively, you can also try baker's chocolate, which is also a very high concentration, typically at a fraction of the cost. One bar can last you a very long time.
>>
>>7523577
Fake sugar is really shitty for you man. Get a taste for hot tea, it's great for you in many general ways, digestion especially. I'm not a caffine drinker, hot shower in the morning is all I need to get going.
>>
>>7523638
>Nuts are also extremely satiating somehow.
No they aren't. They are also extremely high and fat, and will make you fat. It's also very difficult to eat only a small number of them!.
>>
>>7523578
>And every whole food contains *some* fat.
Thats why cutting as much fat out of your diet works. Because low fat, even non fat food, has some fat in it. nuts, cheese, should not be eaten by someone who wants to lose some weight.
>>
>>7523312
>figure I should start with less-fattening stuff in addition to exercise.

delicious glasses of water. also you guess wrong. going cold turkey and obsessively compulsively and meticulously tracking your caloric intake is how you are going to make progress (myfitnesspal, measuring cups, food scale, iron will/OCD). get your body accustomed to not eating for hours at a time (i.e. look up intermittent fasting). no shit is it hard at first, but it gets less hard as you go along. but make no mistake, it's a long hard grind. results will only come to you if you want truly them.
>>
>>7523655
The best I can get on my phone is this here paste:

http://pastebin.com/pXPimAcS

Most of those will be on NCBI if you paste them in a search engine.
>>
>>7523664
Reductionism is too tedious for most. Fasting can be good, but too much can result in binges and relapses. Replacing fat people food with fibrous whole foods is the easiest to sustain method
No one ever got fat from broccoli.
>>
>>7523648
>It is fucking easy, you're just too much of a worthless shit to accomplish a fucking easy thing. Fuck you.
Ok.

>>7523654
>Fake sugar is really shitty for you man. Get a taste for hot tea, it's great for you in many general ways, digestion especially.
I've tried a number of different teas and they all seemed to taste like bitter garbage water.

>>7523664
>delicious glasses of water.
I need a solid food, and I'm not chewing ice cubes.
>>
>>7523577
>What if you need caffeine, but hate coffee and tea?
Eventually transition from the diet soda to carbonated water or some shit and buy small dose caffeine pills (like small dose, not those 5 hour mega anything, small, fucking, dose) and start popping those, then wean yourself off that. I mean, caffeine withdrawal sucks, I put myself through it all the time, but you can make it. Wean yourself off that, too.

And you really should learn to like tea and coffee. Start with low calorie flavored teas and go from there.

Air popped popcorn with spices/herbs that aren't based around salt/sugar are the best. Spicy cayenne pepper popcorn or vinegar flavoring, pickles unsweetened, etc. All great. Personally, I buy a veggie tray and make a greek yogurt dip and eat that like crazy.
>>
>>7523698
You're a total fucking faggot. Go take some hydroxicut and eat your ass off, because all you're looking for in this thread is false hope.
>>
Another thing that works surprisingly well is chewing gum.

Gum is reasonably tasty, relatively inexpensive, and keeps your mouth busy (which I think is the problem for many overweight people).

At 0-5 calories, you're not gaining any weight from this anytime soon.
>>
>>7523698
>I need a solid food, and I'm not chewing ice cubes.
You can eat your food, but you should try this: when you get hungry and want to snack, go and get a glass of ice water. Drink that. Wait 10 to 15 minutes. If you're still thinking about your snack, then go get your snack. But if you space it off, then just roll with it. Incorporate more water into your diet.

>>7523698
>I've tried a number of different teas and they all seemed to taste like bitter garbage water.
That's because you're used to fucking pop. Quit that shit, and you'll get over a lot of your fucking issues.
>>
>>7523704
>hydroxicut
Does that shit actually work?
>>
>>7523705
Gum chewing carries a tiny risk of peptic ulcers from increased saliva production. I like food that takes a long time yo eat, like nuts in shells or ground cherries or edameme.
>>
>>7523712
>Gum chewing carries a tiny risk of peptic ulcers from increased saliva production
Not worried about diet soda diabetes cancer rot, but you're worried about peptic ulcers from gum.

Come the fuck on, man.
>>
>>7523705
>still believing the gum meme
>>
>>7523698
Good black coffee can be like a delicious dessert when you've been living without added sugars. Grow the fuck up if you want to slim the fuck down.

>>7523710
Yes, but it also kills you.
>>
>>7523718
>still calling everything you don't like a meme
I don't like you, so I guess you're a meme.
>>
>>7523721
Which leads to a faster death, a life of poor dietary habits, or using hydroxycut until you've reached your ideal weight?
>>
>>7523725
They'll just gain it back if they don't change their habits.
>>
File: OK.jpg (214 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
OK.jpg
214 KB, 3840x2160
>>7523704
Ok. (See pic)

>>7523701
>And you really should learn to like tea and coffee.
>>7523721
>Grow the fuck up if you want to slim the fuck down.
Why? Acquired taste is just another way of saying Stockholm Syndrome. I don't like it, end of story.

>>7523705
I've tried sugar-free chewing gum because I was concerned about the health of my teeth on a liquid diet, but I still found myself feeling hungry for something solid, so I gave up on it.
>>
>>7523730
Then fine, Stockholm Syndrome the shit out of your tastebuds.

Sympathizing with your kidnapper is not the same thing as enjoying the taste of something you normally dislike. The fact that you find the two comparable attests to how stupid you are.
>>
Just stop eating anything that isn't whole plant foods. Just doing that, your BMI should fall below at least 25 without ever feelimg hungry. I'm currently eating cheesecake made of only whole plant foods.
>>
>>7523710
Hell no, goddamn can you even read?
>>
>>7523739
Bitter stuff tastes great without any conditioning when you haven't been miscalibrating your sense of taste with extreme foods like refined sugar. You are mo different than a drug addict. Chewing some coca leaves doesn't hurt, but cocaine is pretty bad.
>>
>>7523739
Why should I force myself to drink something I dislike? Why should I force myself to drink something bitter for social acceptance by people I don't even remotely care about? Forcing myself to drink something and saying I enjoy it until I actually think I do so simply because of peer pressure is childish and far dumber than my comparison to Stockholm Syndrome.

>>7523754
>Bitter stuff tastes great without any conditioning
Then why is it so hard to get children to eat bitter food?
>>
>>7523763
Children have stronger sensitivity to bitterness. It goes away with age.
>>
OP needs to man up, imho.
>>
First and foremost, I must pile on with the regular rant in this thread. Stop snacking. Truthfully I've been "on the wagon" many times and just finished my first successful go-round. I'm down 20 lbs over six weeks (shut up, everyone who will say that's too fast.) Snacking would have killed that. Fundamentally processes over time. Shaving 100 kcals off snacktime isn't going to change your life. Sorry to pontificate - you're just fooling yourself if you're continuing.

With respect to your question though...
- If "halo top" ice cream is available in your area (their site will tell you) it is a near-perfect rendition of ice cream. IMPORTANT: let it get "melty". IMPORTANT: it's the only good diet ice cream i've found.
- like others have said, popcorn. be honest though. air popped, light on the toppings.
- skinnytaste dawt com is your new jesus. there is a snacks section. embrace it as a lifestyle. I also say this because the meals are filling and you'll be less snacky.

Highly recommend two key things:
1. The myfitnesspal app. Rule 1: only eat things you know you can score 100% accurately. (there will be OCCASIONAL exceptions)
2. Pick an excercise and grow to appreciate what 100 calories means. I chose walking. For most people, 1 mile roughly equals 100 calories. Do your exercise every day. Eventually it will click in your head exactly how many miles you must walk to make up for those chips. You'll grow to see how snacking suddenly equals a 5 mile run and you'll decide not snacking is the smart route.

And before anyone calls me fat...6 ft, 165 lbs now. Just working on getting the abs to show a bit.
>>
>>7523784
Who are you and why should I give a fuck about your opinion?

>>7523779
It might go away with age if you force yourself to eat foods you dislike as a child in order to make yourself look more mature, but once you hit a you hit a certain age you end up sucking on worther's and other "old people candy" because your sense of taste starts to go and sweet is still the strongest taste receptor left.

>>7523802
I don't like to cook, so that website is mostly useless to me. And I already walk enough as far as I'm concerned, up to 10 miles a day on my weekend job. I'm 5'8" and 160 lbs, but very little of it is muscle, but I've been scrawny my entire life, so I feel like a whale.
>>
>>7523861
don't worry, the world will hand you weight loss on a silver platter, king-i-don't-like-to-cook

Abs are made in the kitchen. If you remember nothing else from this thread, Prince i-don't-do-kitchens, remember that.

Remember that while you mope about your weight loss and stare at your frozen pizza. Get over yourself and cook. It's not hard, you literally follow 5 steps and you're done.
>>
>>7523887
I drink soylent, not frozen pizza.
>>
>>7523899
and you love to snack. go figure. cool story bro.

"help me lose weight. I will make no concessions."

zero sympathy. you are so far out in left field that you don't know how far out you are. there is no reigning you in until you learn some humility. adios. enjoy your heart disease.
>>
>>7523899
If you're not able to lose weight on no-thought-required soylent, you should replace some of it with stuff that offers more volume for the same calories, along with myriad phytonutrients.
>>
>>7523916
I only snack because it never makes you feel full. You can keep drinking it and get all the vitamins/minerals/proteins/etc. you need, but it's still a liquid diet.

>>7523918
I'm not on soylent to lose weight, it's not a weight-loss supplement, I'm on it because I don't like to cook. My weight comes from all the snacking I do, because a liquid diet won't make me feel full.
>>
>>7523944
Eat the soylent with a spoon. The human brain it's more food if it takes longer to eat, because there was a time that was true. Dump some berries in it too.
>>
I read your replies OP, and you're a faggot. Stop snacking. If you keep snacking, you'll never feel actually full, and this is why you keep stuffing your gullet with shit day in and day out. If you want to lose weight and get into shape, you have to put in effort. Eat a balanced, filling meal, as suggested, and don't eat the snacks.

This "willpower" shit is absolute bullshit. You know what is literally the easiest thing in the world? Not doing something. Just literally do not pick up a bag of chips or whatever it is the fuck you do. Don't move your arm, don't make the closing motion with your hand to pick something up. It's that fucking easy.

See, what you lack is the problem not to feel "comfy" all the time. You need your special comfort foods or you get "sad" and can't toughen up to actually achieve a goal. Just accept you're going to be pudgy and misshapen from here on out because you won't do anything that actually works, because you're too worried about comfiness to change.
>>
>>7523962
Accidentally a word.
*thinks it's more food
>>
>>7523962
>Eat the soylent with a spoon.
It's not thick enough for that.

>Dump some berries in it too.
I don't like berries.
>>
>>7523963

Also, source: I just lost 60 lbs myself by putting the shit down that was making me fat. The answer is literally right in front of you and you're ignoring it.
>>
>>7523963
Not eating is actually difficult when trying to do other stuff. The silution is to stay satiated with lower density stuff. Steamed broccoli is fucking delicious.
>>
>>7523965
Epic troll.
>>
>>7523963
>If you want to lose weight and get into shape, you have to put in effort.
No, you don't. The two things are completely unrelated. You want others to put effort into it, because either you put effort into it.

>This "willpower" shit is absolute bullshit. You know what is literally the easiest thing in the world? Not doing something.
Tell that to someone trying to not smoke, or not do heroin. It's not easy.

>See, what you lack is the problem not to feel "comfy" all the time.
No, my problem is that I have enough things that make me uncomfortable, so giving up one of the few comforts I have is too hard. Don't pretend you know anything about me other than what I've already posted. You could choose to help or simply ignore this thread, but instead you choose to troll, probably because it makes you an unwarranted feeling of superiority.

>>7523976
Not trolling, just too old and honest to give a shit.
>>
>>7523763
>Why should I force myself to drink something I dislike? Why should I force myself to drink something bitter for social acceptance by people I don't even remotely care about?

To get healthy you retard, do you remember the thread you just made?

>Forcing myself to drink something and saying I enjoy it until I actually think I do so simply because of peer pressure is childish and far dumber than my comparison to Stockholm Syndrome.

You asked us to help you eat healthier snacks, and when we recommend you some you say we are pressuring you into doing things you don't want to.

You have shown in this thread that you have serious mental blocks about food, maybe talk to a therapist or nutritionist if you have the money.

You have a petty reason for every little thing and refuse to give up any ground about your own opinions. There is no magic easy way to do this, if you want to get healthier you need to man up and try to eat some things that you don't enjoy as much and try to get used to them. If you don't want to try and force yourself to change then have fun not changing, mentally or physically. But don't come whining to us about it.
>>
>>7523997
In the U.S , nutrition people with qualifications are called registered dieticians. Peggy Hill or you're are mom could be a "nutritionist".
>>
Is OP a woman?
>>
>>7523997
>To get healthy
>You asked us to help you eat healthier snacks
I didn't say healthier, I said low-calorie.
>>
>>7524010
I'm done
>>
>>7524008
What difference would it make?

>>7524019
Good.
>>
>>7524019
Don't let the ass hit your door on the way out :^)
>>
File: Healthy Snacking Shopping List.jpg (232 KB, 611x800) Image search: [Google]
Healthy Snacking Shopping List.jpg
232 KB, 611x800
- Hard boiled eggs
- Hummus + rice cakes
- String cheese
- Yogurt + granola
- Grapes
- Almonds
- Roasted chickpeas
- Peanut butter + rice cakes
- Sliced bananas + peanut butter
- Apples + peanut butter
- Fruit salad (mix your fav fruits + orange juice, keep it on a big bowl in the fridge)
- Tapioca pudding
- Granola bars
>>
>>7523989

Okay, person who is here ASKING THE QUESTION ABOUT HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT. There is no effort involved in losing weight. There is a magic answer that one of us here knows about, but we have conspired to keep this strategy hidden so we can troll you. We've been hired by Monsanto to try to keep you from eating all of your "yummy" sugary treats and soda pops, so we can sell more of our "icky" vegetables and water/coffee/tea. It's the conspiracy and the trolls, not because you're a directionless fat manchild who wants to blame his addiction to snacks like they're cigarettes or heroin. You know what? Even people addicted to those things quit - for their health - and they're 10x more chemically dependent on them than you are a box of animal crackers between TPS Reports and the office potluck.

"Too hard, too hard, too hard, someone tell me the shortcut." You know what? Not only did I give up the food, but I'm an honest to God alcoholic and I even put the bottle down to get my body and health back.

You're a baby and you won't admit it.
>>
Jesus Christ OP you are a class-A retard
Thank you for providing me with an entertaining thread to read.

Why are you still posting? You've made it clear that you have no intention of changing your eating habits (only to eat somewhat lower calorie snacks). Many anons have given you suggestions on better snacks to eat.

Also:
>Doesn't like to cook
>Doesn't like tea or coffee
>drinks soda regularly
Come on man
>>
>Okay, person who is here ASKING THE QUESTION ABOUT HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT.
I was asking about Low-Calorie Snacks, it's even the name of the thread. I even said that I don't care if it's empty calories or loaded with chemicals. I created this thread explicitly stating that's all that I want, yet you felt it was somehow your duty to tell me how wrong you think I am and further derail my thread. I simply don't care what you have to say unless it's a low-calorie food suggestion.

>You're a baby and you won't admit it.
Fine. I admit it, I am a baby. Are you happy?
>>
>>7524069
was meant in reply to >>7524041

>>7524043
>Why are you still posting? You've made it clear that you have no intention of changing your eating habits (only to eat somewhat lower calorie snacks). Many anons have given you suggestions on better snacks to eat.
Yes, I have gotten suggestions that seem potentially useful, such as air-popped popcorn. Replying to the trolls, was probably a bad idea, but it's a bit too late now. I'll make sure to ignore them in the next thread I create like this one.

>Come on man
Come on what? Is this more of that "you don't like what I like crap, so you're a baby" crap?
>>
>>7523965
Get out.>>7523967
>>
>>7523967
Wrongfully tagged your post sorry
>>
>>7524102
No, It's my thread.
>>
>>7523861
>i dont like to cook
why the fuck are you here?
>>
>>7524131
>/ck/ - Food & Cooking
The former part. Food.
>>
>>7524069
>I snack far too much and want to lose weight.

That's the first line of the OP. You clearly state your goal here. To lose weight. This is why the rest of the posters are giving you more advice, because what you want to do with snacking is not going to achieve any noticeable change and you may as well not change your snacking habits for all of the good it's going to do, especially considering that most of the suggestions in this thread you have called gross. You are not going to lose weight if you constantly snack, and you're clearly willing to cherry pick advice here.

Sticking to air popped popcorn as a side to your delicious and healthy diet of soylent and bacon isn't going to help you. We're giving you the honest, blunt truth, because if we don't, you're going to come back here in two months and say "I did just what /ck/ said and ate nothing but handfuls of nuts, popcorn, dark chocolate, tangerines, and boiled eggs, but I still gained weight?! What the fuck?!"

Calories in vs. calories out. That is the one and only answer unless you want to wholly dedicate yourself to Atkins or something.
>>
>>7524181
>Calories in vs. calories out.
Right, that's why I was asking about lower-calorie snacks. The calories in a food are fairly easy to count, but how satiating a food is seems more subjective. I need to try a number of different foods to see which I'll find more filling and compare the calories (and cost) myself.

I ate half a sleeve of Saltines since I started this thread, but I'd like something with fewer calories or more filling.
>>
>>7524228

Again, this goes back to the already presented notion of eating larger, healthier, more fulfilling meals. The body gets used to consistently having something to process if you're constantly snacking, and it just becomes a matter of habit to constantly be chewing or reaching for another bite of a snack. You will never feel "hungry," but you'll also never feel satisfied until long after you've already broken past your allotted snackable calorie limit.

2-3 balanced meals a day will not only taste better, because you can use more ingredients to make one dish, but will also be more filling, and give you that satisfied feeling you're talking about missing out on. Unless you're eating nothing but raw vegetables, there are no snack foods that are going to give you as much bang for your calorie buck as a nice lean protein with some side dishes, with some wiggle room to indulge, even.

I'm not sure why I'm continuing to try though. I'm going to bed. I'll probably check this again in the morning because I'm a masochist.
>>
>>7524245
Eating larger meals is doable. I can simply drink soylent at scheduled periods, rather than having some whenever I want, but the problem is that since it's a liquid diet, there's very little to actually digest, so I quickly end up getting hungry again anyway. I probably do eat more because it's spread out over a longer period of time, but those are two separate problems.
>>
>>7523963
Christ, I wish I could hire you to shit talk me by the hour
>>
>>7524297
Really? I've heard better. That was on-par with your average dominatrix, so you probably could hire one to shit-talk you by the hour.
>>
>>7524307
Nah, I only really like this sort of thing when it related to weight.

Validates my concerns that I am a reprehensible fat parasite, tbqh. But man, I bet dominatrix's are pricey
>>
meat is low in calories
>>
>>7524334
You could get one to do only weight-related insults. The price really varies from person to person, I'm sure there are people who'd be happy to insult you like that for free. I know I didn't pay him to. Try craigslist.

>>7524347
You can't really snack on meat, except maybe beef jerky. That shit's needlessly expensive.
>>
>>7523802
Same height, have a problem losing weight I think in 180 but want to cute 45lbs of fat but mostly muscle. I got scouted by this big agency and they were like "we will sign you but get skinny faggot if you want money and travel."

So thanks for the advice.
>>
Not for OP, but anyone else lurking:
- Raw green beans, carrot, broccoli or celery in hummus
- Coffee. Even instant.
- Miso soup
- Cups of any broth (just dissolve a bullion cube in a mug)
- Tea in big pots
- iced tea with frozen berries
- Tomato soup: dump canned crushed tomatoes in pot and heat with dry spices
- boiled or roasted any veges, I like pumpkin

Laziest low calorie fillers to occupy you in the day
>>
stuffed olives
>>
Pussy
>>
>>7524660
>just dissolve a bullion cube in a mug
That just makes me feel ill thinking about it.
>>
File: cornichonsFeine[1].jpg (106 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
cornichonsFeine[1].jpg
106 KB, 750x750
>>7523312
I love these spicy Cornichons. They sell them with chopped chilis around here. It's delicious and has barely any calories, I think a pot of these has only about 80.
>>
This works: When you crave a snack, instead of snacking, think about what you're going to eat at meal time.
>>
>>7523400
>Pickles. They taste good and have virtually no calories, also pretty filling.
> they taste good

> good

Kill self
>>
>>7523491
You don't have to "cut out snacks". Don't listen to that guy. Cut out large meals. Instead of eating "snack food" as snacks, try eating small meals. Shoot for 5 meals a day, and try to achieve the same calories and macros in a day that youre aiming to eat in your current diet plan.
>>
>>7523516
Carrots have peels???
>>
>>7523530
That's retarded. Just eat mostly plants and use good fats like coconut oil
>>
Why bother with suggestions when OP meets every suggestion with an excuse?
>>
>>7523526
>>7523558
>>7523648
Don't listen to these closeted tumblr fatties; no matter what anyone suggests, if it's not what they suggested, it's wrong and you'll be fat forever. It's a good idea to start by changing what you snack on like you're doing, and then MAYBE GRADUALLY cut it out completely. Ffs these niggers probably tell an alcoholic "just don't drink bruh kekekeke" and think it's some manly way of showing how much anime level willpower they have. Basically, good mindset OP. I fill up a lot on water, but if I'm craving a food I'll eat some almonds or a hard boiled egg. Celery and fruit get the job done too, and I keep a lot of cheese around. I know it's not the lowest in calories, but I love that shit and snack on it constantly. Also, not to push /fit/ on you, but if you work out it gives you more space to work with.
>>
File: 1458368224867.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1458368224867.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>7524757
Too much of a vegetable to you?
>>
>>7523698
Something that works well for me is snacking a little bit (key here is a small amount) and then drinking 2-3 glasses of water directly after. The water fills your stomach up and lets it know that you are full, and you'll no longer feel the need to eat. If you drink a couple glasses of water before and after each meal or snack, it becomes very easy to cut down on calories and still feel full.
>>
>>7523312
ITT
OP desperately wants to lose weight but refuses to accept any advice pertaining to weight loss
>>
>>7525398
I'm not desperate. I don't want any advice, I want to know different low-calorie snacks, like I said in the title. There have been a number of good-sounding suggestions, but I wouldn't know what to say to them other than "Ok, thanks" so I haven't really bothered.

>>7524910
Thank you. Most people don't seem to understand that brute force is the worst method for most people. I know my limits.
>>
>>7524823
The only positive evidence-supported fact about coconut oil is it's less harmful than butter. Get coconut flakes or milk instead. They have nutrients other than just fat, and more flavor too.
>>
Snacking isn't bad. Keeping your stomach full of watery fibers and starches will prevent unconcious binging on fat people food.
>>
>>7525928
Pussy.
>>
>>7527296
Yes, I am. :)
>>
Celery
>>
Seaweed snack
>>
File: the bait less bitten.png (235 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
the bait less bitten.png
235 KB, 900x700
Jesus Christ. I never thought I'd find a board that's easier to bait than /b/ or /k/, but you guys sure showed me!
>>
>>7523679
that studies nice and all, but having personal knowledge in the field of eating nuts, I can say without a doubt, that they do not fill you up.
>>
>>7524664
It literally tastes like a broth based soup
>>
Eat peanuts, crack em yourself open. The fats in them are not necessarily unhealthy and you will be stuffed before they do dietary harm. Cashews are fine too.
>>
File: 1417508516193s.jpg (3 KB, 125x114) Image search: [Google]
1417508516193s.jpg
3 KB, 125x114
>>7524272
you're a fuckwit. Liquid diets are meme diets. Just fucking eat real food man, if you eat properly you'll be fine. Snacking is just no good, instead of snacking have separate little meals. Have some air popped popcorn for morning tea, have something for afternoon tea. Snacks won't help, low calorie snacks won't help. You just need to eat real food.
>>
if you want to lose weight you have to care if you're eating empty calories. for so many reasons.
>>
>>7528215
>if you want to lose weight you have to care if you're eating empty calories. for so many reasons.
I get enough nutrition from soylent. The only real reason not to have empty calories is because they lack nutrition.

>>7524272 (You)
>Liquid diets are meme diets.
If soylent came in bar form, I'd eat it, but it doesn't.

>Just fucking eat "real" food man, if you eat properly you'll be fine.
I can't do both of those.
>>
Hey /ck/, not OP but I'm actually interested in cutting out junk food and replacing it with healthier snacks - I've already tried some of the suggestions mentioned in this thread and it's been good so far

Wondering if anyone has any favourite healthy snacks? I'm a big fan of spicy stuff
>>
>>7529211
cayenne air popped popcorn, Spicy roasted chickpeas, spicy sweet potato chips. Dunno man, can't think of much else of the top of my head.
>>
>>7529227
Are sweet potato chips healthy? My other friend told me they're not and more likely to add on starch etc?

Thanks for the chickpea suggeston
>>
>>7524757
Why do you even browse this board
>>
>>7523502
>you want to eat because you're bored.
I hate how accurate this is for me. This is mostly why I'm fat (well, and not exercising).
>>
>>7523552
Drop sodas altogether. Seriously. It saves you so much in weight. Use caffeine mints or pills instead.
>>
>>7529291
Eat a high carb, high fiber, low fat diet. The carbs will gradually digest, releasing sugar into the blood, between meals. When blood sugar drops, you start to feel cranky and hungry and that causes the snacking impulse.
>>
>>7529291
Go find something to do with your spare time. Summer is right around the corner so you can go hiking, kayaking etc. If you prefer to stay indoors, learn an instrument or something. Anything to distract you from your boredom.
>>
>>7523312
pickle
>>
>>7523312
Try shelled sunflower seeds, roasted edamame, smoked almonds, or jalapeno chips made with coconut oil. Fried snacks made with alternative cooking oils can satisfy a craving with out doing too much harm to your body.
>>
smoke weed

all day erry day

only have one meal and all the snacks you want

lost about 30 pounds over one year like this

t. anon
>>
>>7529303
A diet soda is less than a single calorie per can and when you buy the stuff in bulk it's like 20 cents per can. Caffeine mints/pills don't even approach that price and probably have the same calorie count of almost one. At least with soda I have flavors to enjoy and all the water in it is probably somewhat filling, which probably helps curb snacking.
>>
Its been three days and this thread is still here?

>>7529674
Using something effervescent as soda for curbing hunger, diet or not, can cause your stomach to expand, thus your appetite.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.