[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats wrong with americans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
whats wrong with americans
>>
>>7520367
they were generous enough to allow your shitty country access to their invention the internet so you could complain about banal shit to a global audience
>>
>>7520385
mad amerifat spotted
>>
At least he isn't using white bread.
>>
The world sure has a rage boner for good ol murria
>>
>>7520399
White bread is the best though. It's so soft and delicious. Unlike dirty grain bread.
>>
>>7520367
The only thing I would have done to take the sandwich up would be to add lettuce and onion. But he likely brought it to the office knowing lettuce would have made the bread soggy. Good on Walker to have foresight to realize that.
>>
>>7520420
brown bread has more flavor, white a shit
>>
Im sure his PR guys had s food stylist rig up what ever surveys say is the most "middle class" brown bag lunch sandwich. Dont want to look like a rich elite to the plebs.
>>
>>7520420

White bread has no flavor. It's a sugar loaf. Grow up.
>>
>>7520436
Oh shut the fuck up, Chad
>>
>>7520440

No he is right. It is the same when politicians stop at a fast food joint on the campaign trail and buy lunch abd mingle with the commoners. You know that Wendy's chili doesnt go anywhere but the next dumpster the bus stops at.
>>
>>7520445

Not when Bill was in office. That man smashed any food given to him.
>>
>>7520367
>not having hot chettos in your turkey sandwhich
W T F
F A M
>>
>>7520367
How is it possible for so many people to be so butthurt over someone else's sandwich? It boggles the mind.
>>
>>7520513
Welcome to /ck/
>>
>>7520422
...what is dry lettuce?
>>
>>7520513

Because food in this case is being used as a political propaganda to show "hey the guv is just like me Joe Sixpack $50k a year tax payer...I brown bag a crummy sandwich too." Better vote got him next cycle!

Did you just think the good govenor wanted us to know he supports international sandwich day?
>>
File: white.jpg (284 KB, 1078x1100) Image search: [Google]
white.jpg
284 KB, 1078x1100
>>7520439
I don't get why everyone thinks white bread just inherently has more sugar or something. It all comes from the same grain.
>>
>>7520513
food is serious business meng
>>
>>7520536
American white bread is usually a bit sugary compared to wheat. Though, we do have Honey Wheat bread which is more sugary than typical white bread, so... eh. I tend to buy bakery bread and so it's normally less sugary and has no preservatives, so I feel a bit better about it.
>>
>>7520536

I don't want any tranches on my sammich.
>>
File: meme majik.jpg (81 KB, 640x394) Image search: [Google]
meme majik.jpg
81 KB, 640x394
>>7520367
whats wrong with yurup?
>>
>>7520385
I'll have to use this reply in the future.
>>
>>7520536
6g less serving size, 1 more carb, 2 less fibre.
>>
>>7520654
>and has no preservatives, so I feel a bit better about it.

You feel better about your food not lasting as long as other food?
>>
>>7520440
You seriously don't think that this is pandering? I mean, maybe it's not, but chances are good that it is. The length these guys will go to to get an edge in an election is impressive. I knew people who work in local politics (like mayor/city council level), and when they were campaigning they have shills go on comment sections of local newspapers/websites to shout down negative stories. There is no way that the governor of a major state doesn't have a social media guy.
>>
This is the guy that completely destroyed public unions and you're more upset that he's using processed cheese.
>>
>>7520367
Yo
>>
>>7520751

Well sandwiches are good for you.
>>
>>7520521

If I were a politician I'd eat sandwiches all the time. I enjoy a good sandwich with quality ingredients. Of course, I always reckoned I would live in a normal house like I currently do and tend my garden like normal. I'd also put most of my salary back into the community as I have no love for money.
>>
>>7520871

If you have no love of money you would never become the Guv. Because campaigning is so expensive. At this point we would be better off with a selective service (draft) type appointment of elected officials for a fixed term. But thst will never happen because everyone with money wants to buy off thier man so they are owed a favor.
>>
>>7520417
Can you blame them? We have everything they want
>>
File: image.jpg (451 KB, 1551x980) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451 KB, 1551x980
>>7520367
>>
>>7520422
>lettuce would have made the bread soggy

If your lettuce leaks liquid and makes the bread soggy, you're using rotting lettuce. You should probably stop doing that, you know.
>>
>In honor of this special day, I'm eating the same thing I always eat anyway.

Is this guy a retard?
>>
>>7520385
The internet is european though, it was invented by CERN.
>>
>>7520449
>Not when Bill was in office

First person I thought of. Romney had a PR gaffe when he made an awkward joke about someone's homemade cookies. One of the first people many pundits brought up is Bill, as he'd eat an entire small pie or a bunch of fast food on the campaign trail back in the 90s.

Also, unless Wendy's has changed their chili since I was a teen (when I worked there and made it), I hope I'm never "too good" for it. It's one of their healthier and tastier items they have.
>>
>>7520751
Good. Union workers are some of the laziest, most entitled shits-for-brains I have ever had the displeasure of working with.
>>
>>7521401

Yeah guys corporations are good and treat people fairly!

Listen I've worked for a union. They are businesses make no mistake same as the souless corp you work for. You pay a monthly fee (dues) which provide you the right and ability to bargin for better compensation and working conditions. The Corporation I worked for tried to slash our wages by 25%. We went on strike and fought back and gained a small raise. That wouldnt have been posdible without a union. If you are a hourly worker or wage slave i dont ubderstand why you give a fuck about protecting corporate interests like profuctivity. If you are an exec with performance based bonuses i totally understand why you are anti union.
>>
>>7521434
Not the guy you're talking to but I'm a unionized wage slave.

Life is suffering.
>>
>>7521319
Oligarchy?
>>
>YUROPOOR OBSESSION THREAD NUMBER 5563099
>>
>>7521350
no that was the web
>>
>>7520425
Brown loafs matter.
>>
File: britcuck ''food''.jpg (37 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
britcuck ''food''.jpg
37 KB, 460x300
whats wrong with yuropeans?
>>
>>7521325
He's right in that if you've got lettuce in your sandwich and you don't eat it soon, the lettuce gets all limp and the liquids from the sandwich turn the bread touching it into wet paste.
>>
>>7521563
uk = europe

you heard it here first lads
>>
>in honor of

>does nothing different

>????
>>
File: 1459032440038.jpg (6 KB, 180x192) Image search: [Google]
1459032440038.jpg
6 KB, 180x192
>>7520367
Looks good, honestly. Add some bacon, pickles, and mustard and you've got a dank af samich.
>>
>>7520439
>wanting to taste the bread

Bread is just there for texture.
>>
>>7521401
I'm with you, fuck union workers. Those fuckheads never know how to do anything at all; you could tell them to make coffee, mix cement and move some shit from location a to location b, and you end up with a mug full of cement, coffee all over the floor and your pile of shit is just gone. On top of that they somehow get hurt more than even the most clumsy fuckers I've ever met.
>>
>>7521648
usa = america
wew
>>
>>7520513
yuros get bored easily
>>
>>7520367
As a white person, posting a ham and cheese sandwich on twitter in honor of national sandwich day is probably the whitest thing I've ever seen
>>
>>7520367
>sandwiches
>has one sandwich which is cut to two
That's not how it works, that's not how anything works.
>>
>>7522128
This is what's wrong with America. Zero portion control.
>>
>>7520367
A rich white politician who represents the interests of very rich white men tries to show what an everyman he is by twitter posting a picture of the pleb-tier lunch he claims to eat everyday on national sandwich day.

Pardon the pun, but it's a little ham-fisted. But why not? It'll resonate with his supporters, and few others will pay it any mind. People who would be in disbelief over someone eating the same sandwich for lunch everyday for 30 years are not the kind of people who would be voting for this guy anyways.
>>
>>7522150

scott walker is not wealthy in any sense of the word. his net worth is negative 70k.
>>
>>7522160
At this point, yeah. Campaigning is expensive. Check out his net worth a few years from now when he's sitting on the board somewhere and collecting is GBPs from the wealthy folks he represents.
>>
>>7520751
>he thinks unions are good
>>
>>7522114

People from the USA refer to their country as "america" all the time, are you being retarded on purpose or what
>>
>>7522194
>only corporations are allowed to organize
>>
>>7522392

> he thinks an entity that has state enforcement of payment is the same as walmart which cannot force any person to give them any money

spotted the retard
>>
>>7522392

Missing the point, anon. There's nothing wrong with organization. There is, however, something wrong with those groups obtaining special privileges that ordinary people don't have.
>>
File: 1459047266825.gif (2 MB, 303x277) Image search: [Google]
1459047266825.gif
2 MB, 303x277
>>7520439
>tells other people to grow up for liking something he doesnt like
>>
>>7522418

You mean how corporations obtain special privilege? Or lobbyist groups? racial minority groups? The reality is everyone is trying to secure special privilege. I agree it isnt right but i am not going to take some principled stand while i get fucked by everyone willing to play the game. I am a realist.
>>
>>7522496
>The reality is everyone is trying to secure special privilege.

Yep. I'm against all of those things. The point is that unions already have it, while most of those other groups do not (though they are certainly trying).
>>
>>7522496
Agreed, that's why unions are a necessary evil. I think they're lazy and inefficient as hell, too. But I also don't trust politicians or other parties that say that we need to "bust unions" or anything like that.

Fuck this bullshit, can we go back to the REAL important matter ITT:
There's no way Walker actually had this shit for lunch. They probably made that sandwich right on the spot and took the picture.
>No crumbs
>Sandwich is in perfect condition, not smushed/crushed at all
>just having my USUAL lunch of ham and cheese
Fucking pandering bullshit, this dude probably has a secretary or intern run phone up restaurants every day to reserve a table or get some pickup.
>>
>>7522496
Not the Anon you're responding to, but doesn't it make sense that if the government is going to offer special privileges it should offer them to its citizens instead of corporations?

Corporate profits and executive compensation are both sky high right now, but that is really doing much of anything for the citizens in terms of their wages or the prices they pay for goods and services.
>>
>>7520711
you realize thats fucking nothing right
>>
>>7522523

The point is that no special privileges should exist, period. Not for corporations, not for unions, not for any other entity or group. What the fuck happened to "all men are created equal"?

anyway, I'm out of this conversation as it's clearly off topic here.
>>
>>7520425

Bread is a fucking joke.

At least eat yams for your carbs.
>>
>>7522555
>What the fuck happened to "all men are created equal"?
Nice trips, but when has that ever been the case in the US? A negro was 3/5 of a person, and another man's property for a pretty good while. Native Americans were not exactly given equal treatment. especially as far as private property was concerned. And tell me when in our history a poor man in a dispute with a rich man found himself on equal footing.

Pretty words. Inspiring words. Not really ever the case, though.
>>
>>7521250

That's pretty Greek. That's what they did, in a way. It was like jury duty but instead it was more of a senate dealing.
>>
>>7522573
>I'd like a turkey sandwich please.
>On what kind of bread?
>A yam.
>>
>>7522786

I know you're being sarcastic but I think you're on to something...
>>
>>7522150
>scott walker
>rich white man

nigga wat?

>>7522184
oh grasping at straws, alright.
>>
>>7522024
>not wanting another thing to taste
???
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztlpYoaMTbU
>>
>>7520394
Waaahh! I can't argue with his logic, so Ill just say amerifat! That'll show him! Right?
>>
>>7520711
WOW! SIX WHOLE GRAMS
>>
>>7520385
can i use this?
>>
>>7524205
I guess, if you're the type of person who likes to imagine the accomplishments of other people are your own just because you happen to live on the same landmass.
>>
File: 1458251277184.jpg (151 KB, 552x586) Image search: [Google]
1458251277184.jpg
151 KB, 552x586
>>7520385
The internet was invented by Britain

So was the computer

Don't worry I''ll let you use it m8
>>
>>7521484
Stupidest reply ever
>>
>>7520385
Have a (You) from the UK. It's fair consolation for being totally, factually wrong.
>>
>>7524316
The internet was invented by the US, UK, and France.
>>
>>7524395
The web and the internet are not the same thing.
>>
>>7520367
Please explain what is wrong with eating a fucking ham and cheese sandwich.
>>
>>7520521
>sandwich political corruption conspiracy

Sounds about right.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.