[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are french fries healthy? Is it okay to eat them everyday? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (420 KB, 1600x1455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420 KB, 1600x1455
Are french fries healthy? Is it okay to eat them everyday? I heard potatoes have almost all essential nutrients but I'm not sure. I mean it's not like I would ever touch anything green that isn't on a burger or sandwich.
>>
>>7520173
All the oil used to fry the potato and the pound of salt added after says not healthy.

Potatoes have a lot of essential nutrients, but think of less fattening ways to cook them.

Bake it and don't put 10 pounds of bacon and sour cream on it.
Mash without using a full stick of butter.
Dice and cook with garlic, a pinch of salt, pepper, and a very small amount of butter.
Make a potato waffle/pancake.
>>
>>7520173
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>7520557
And don't be afraid of the skins, fiber is buttpleasing.
>>
>>7520563
His mommie said no more tendies this week.
>>
>America
>>
>>7520557
Using an airfryer instead of frying in oil helps make them a bit healthier too.
>>
>>7520173

>get nice taters
>wedge them fuckers
>put in a bag
>salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, thyme
>literally just a dash of oil
>shake carefully to get even coating of spices and oil
>oven roast

100x tastier than fries and literally 1/8 the kcal count.
>>
>>7522380
Why not get an actual fry cutter so you're not eating giant gross mushy shit tier potato wedges
>>
>>7520173
Cucks why not par boil potato halves.
Put oven to 400 with roasting pan inside
Melt 1 TBS of butter 63 Cal add it to parboiled potatos halves in a bowl season with S,P minced garlic and rosemary.
Mix and put on hot pan for 15 mins a side.

Fucking amazing
>>
>>7522397

Because wedges are awesome. The contrast between the crunchy exterior and the soft interior is very nice.

>>7522380
The calorie/oil content would be no different than if you deep fried them (correctly, that is). Fried foods are only soaked with grease if the temperature is incorrect (e.g. if you fuck up).
>>
>>7522397

You're retarded, read >>7522415

>>7522415

>The calorie/oil content would be no different than if you deep fried them (correctly, that is). Fried foods are only soaked with grease if the temperature is incorrect (e.g. if you fuck up).

Well yeah, I was talking more about my method as opposed to <insert fast food joint here> fries. I mean, if you give a shit about kcals, potatoes are just about the "best" carb you can eat (shit has like 80 per 100g). Point is, by just adding a light coating of oil, you get that crisp exterior and avoid dryness (dry roasted potatoes are kinda shit IMO).
>>
who the fuck told you that potatoes have almost all of your essential nutrients?

hit them with a sack of the aforementioned G.I. bomb.

that beng said, i'm sure you can eat french fries daily and still BE healthy, assuming the rest of your diet is on point, you exercise, and get enough sleep.
>>
>>7522397

mushy greasy soft fries best fries
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.