[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What dish is your specialty? What can you cook the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 12
File: g20160413.jpg (255 KB, 900x1278) Image search: [Google]
g20160413.jpg
255 KB, 900x1278
What dish is your specialty? What can you cook the best?
>>
well, everybody always requests my cakes for their birthday. and then there's my rabbit recipe, my dad's favorite. and i have a few things that i always bring to cook outs that are popular amongst friends and family. plus some ones i like to cook for myself over and over again.
>>
>>7518048
i can make a bowl of flour, but it's hard and i often spill it on myself (it doesn't help that my apron is so small either)
>>
where are her nipples?
>>
>>7518048
is that bitch mixing only flour with a wooden spoon whilst standing in the corner and having a bunch of lettuce, an overripe red mango, a pale apple, and two fucking cherry tomatoes?
>>
>>7518069
No. She's posing for a photoshoot.
>>
>>7518103
Why do women pretend to like cooking
>>
>>7518108
Because they're all whores
>>
File: ck.png (11 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
ck.png
11 KB, 500x300
>>
>>7518048
Who is this slant?

Her pic is on like every spa advertisement ever
>>
>>7519082
Yan Ke Ke
>>
Hunagrian goulash. Have the recipe memorized exactly, and measure in metric even though I'm American.

Want to get a cast iron dutch oven and make it over the a camp fire using venison I shot myself one day...
>>
Lasagna and raviolis. I once made one for an office party and started getting orders. Nice little sidejob since each lasagna nets me 25 dollars.
>>
File: za2.jpg (951 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
za2.jpg
951 KB, 2048x1152
i make a pretty decent pie
>>
My salmon chowder would blow your cock off
>>
>>7519699

Looks good. Move all the olives to your side, put a little more jalapeƱo on my side, would din din with.
>>
>>7519699
Why are you pouring oil all over it?
>>
File: PizzaSmall[1].gif (971 KB, 420x229) Image search: [Google]
PizzaSmall[1].gif
971 KB, 420x229
>>7519699

Me too.
>>
I like to make pancakes
cum on them
and then watch my gf eat them
she likes it and it makes me happy
>>
>>7519699
not a fan of the toppings but i would definitively eat that and enjoy it
>>
pic of this titty bitch with fake food in fake kitchen stays up
>but pics of real professional chefs deleted
>janitors are stupid
>>
>>7519775
This isn't a pic dump board, the content matters not the OP picture.
>>
>>7519781

OP started a garbage thread and obviously used a lewd picture just to get guaranteed replies. It's fastboard type posting, and it's lazy.
>>
>>7519788
If you want your thread to stay, have you considered not shitposting? I mean I don't know what thread got deleted, but seeing how you came here just to shitpost it's a fair bet it isn't your first time.
>>
>>7518117
amen brother. the only thing women truly like is attention and everything they pretend to like is only for attention.
>>
>>7519483
Let's have that recipe, then m8. I love goulasch.
>>
>>7519781
non-related pics get deleted every day. rules of the board is that only food or cooking images are allowed.

I'm pointing out that a real, celebrity chef's photo is deleted over and over again by the biased janitor scum while bullshit like this resides
>>
>>7519817
Well maybe it should have been a cooking or food related picture then, not just some random dude who isn't cooking right now, huh?
>>
>>7519817

Oh, he's a jack/joey spammer...
>>
>>7519816
600g yellow onions, diced
500g chuck, cubed and floured
1T high quality butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 t ground cumin
2T paprika
1T tomato paste
1L beef broth. Homemade is best
1T balsamic vinegar
Salt to taste
Dash cracked pepper

Saute onions and garlic in butter until butter has browned and onions are translucent.

Add paprika, cumin and combine. Remove onions and garlic, add beef and brown. Add vinegar, salt, pepper, tomato paste and onions. Combine with 1/4 broth, cover and simmer until broth is reduced. If you want a deeper red, add 1T Spanish or other sweet paprika. Add 1/4 broth and simmer. Continue until broth is used, onions have melted and beef is tender. Add more broth or water if onions still easily visible or beef not tender and continue simmering.

Taste and add salt if needed.

Serve over boiled potatoes or dumplings with pickles and a fried egg. Pair with a sweet red.
>>
>>7519933
Or an amber beer like a Bock
>>
>>7518048
pizza
>>
Pies. Old women pay me a small fortune for homemade pies, just like their mothers made, so they can show off at their bridge club. I guess my specialty is a lemon cream pie with digestive biscuit crust.
>>
>>7518054
got recipes? i'd like that cake recipe and rabbit recipe and some of the other stuff
>>
>>7518048
I made a blueberry pie once. The pastry from scratch. It was so good I was actually disappointed how easy it was and haven't cooked one since.
>>
>>7519933
Beautiful. Thanks. Think I'll try it with potato dumplings. Stuff like this makes me wish I was a more orderly, disciplined cook. I can't relate the stuff I make for shit.
>>
I actually don't know

I always feel like I should be expanding the number of recipes I can do instead of perfecting one
>>
>>7519997

>I always feel like I should be expanding the number of recipes I can do instead of perfecting one

I actually discuss this with the current SO all the time.

I want to have a repertoire of dishes I like that I've perfected and can be proud of, and she wants to try something different every night, but usually ends up being lazy so makes some garbage without putting any thought into it.

My line of thought is that you should get down some basics before going crazy trying to do everything. Quality over quantity.
>>
Arugula and persimmon salad with peanuts in soy sauce-mint-cilantro-honey dressing. Main course - risotto with veal and cream-white wine sauce, I guess, I love both cooking and eating it =) And homemade ice cream, of course. One can use honey instead of sugar - it's goddamn tasty, delicious as an apple from the Eden garden =)
>>
>>7520057
can't find the like button! xD
>>
>>7520074
Woah, thanks mate) I could post those recipes (there are some interesting tricks to make those dishes look like something absolutely new), if you are not afraid of fucked up English)
>>
>>7519997
On one hand that's wise - you cook different dishes, therefore you get a deeper understanding of different products' interactions. But on the other hand... Well, I just can't cook a meal for someone else using just a standard recipe, I want my own vision to influence the result of cooking. Which is impossible without 3-5 tries=)
>>
>>7519987
Just about can't overcook it as long as you don't dry it out. But you can undercooked it. Really needs time to marry the flavors.

Good luck anon!!
>>
>>7518048
Cuban style Aroz con Pollo
>>
>>7518827
Is this an [OC]ā„¢ meme cap?
>>
>>7519699

I do not like your crust but i do like your orderly placement of toppings, it is benign and proportional

i just ate a piece of paper towel that i wrapped my sandwich in.
>>
>>7518067

in photoshop
>>
>>7519841
>jack/joey spammer

no such thing. there are Jack posters, who are all trolls and should be banned and there are joey posters, who are true fans and love the show and the man, since joey is amazing.
watch his latest vidya and try not to like it, anon. your heart will break watching his raw emotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEtNfpggp3c
>>
>>7519699
needs like three times as many toppings but other than that looks balling as hell
>>
>>7519699
>shitty looking crust
>autistic placement of toppings

/ck/ certified.
>>
Not really a dish but over the years I have perfected my pot brownie recipe
I suppose the "recipe" is really for cannabutter not brownies but I rarely use it for anything else
>>
Sadness
>>7518048
>>
>>7520025
I have an acquaintance that, in this regard, is like your SO on steroids - charging blindly into mad science experimentation without so much as the barest familiarity with the fundamentals.

His first obsession was with home-brewing, except he never bothered to pick up more than "sugar plus yeast equals alcohol." He once described his technique of making red wine as, "like making sake, except with red cargo rice." I've tasted off-flavors you wouldn't believe, and have taken to avoiding his parties.

He now appears to have decided to take on pizza-making. And by 'take on' I mean, for his first foray into the area, host a large pizza party featuring crusts of many different types of flour - chickpea-flour pizza crusts, lentil-flour crusts, millet flour crusts, etc.
>>
>>7520025
Agreed. A simple dish done well is better than something outrageous for me.
>>
Fajita chicken. I blow people away with that shit

Also all the basics like stir fry, bolognaise, chilli, roasts etc. people somehow still get mindblown by it because they can't cook for shit

Starting to learn pastry at the moment. Going to start of with donuts and macarons
>>
>>7519082
>every spa advertisement ever
yet you will never find anyone who looks anything like her in said spas. Maybe her grandma.
>>
>>7519699
I hate olives and jalapenos on my pizza
looks genuinely amazing though
>>
>>7520572
Nah I just a piece of my /ck/-brand kitchen interior design elements
>>
>>7519699
That looks like it was made by an autistic robot. Do you have a pizza stone? Can you make a pizza without a ruler and compass?
>>
Chocolate cake

Had a couple of friends around yesterday, they went through the whole pan
>>
roasted vegetable lasagna

smoked brisket
>>
File: 20160328_225031.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160328_225031.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>7519699
My pizza always looks really shitty, but tastes amazing.

I make amazing hot wings (way different from your standard buffalo style). My chili is on point, won 2 first places and a 3rd. I think my best dish would have to be my spaghetti though.
>>
>>7518048
My gratin makes people horny
>>
>>7519082
She is Korean
>>
>>7522087
>koreans don't have slanted eyes
k m9
>>
>>7518048
photoshop or very much surgery?
>>
File: IMG_20160329_184801.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2336) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160329_184801.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2336
I guess my curry has become edible but i fear i have no dish i really excel at.
>>
>>7522206
Yes.
>>
File: frikadelle.jpg (44 KB, 445x336) Image search: [Google]
frikadelle.jpg
44 KB, 445x336
danish meatballs, granny's recipe. Secret ingredient: excessive ammounts of butter :)
>>
>>7522310

Og alligevel ser jeg en mangel pƄ smor
>>
Duck breast with an red wine, honey and orange sauce
Haricots vert
SautƩ potatoes
And a glass of Gaillac
>>
>>7519699
That's a big pie
>>
>>7522328
Det er indeni, istedet for mƦlk, also random pic of the dish since my old ass nokia dont do pics
>>
File: 1459110109151.jpg (49 KB, 600x959) Image search: [Google]
1459110109151.jpg
49 KB, 600x959
>>7522390
>>7522328
>mfw I understand most neighboring nations but not a single shitskin

ENOUGH
>>
>>7522339
For two
>>
>>7522087
>Yan Ke Ke
>korean

okay
>>
>>7519699
PIES HAVE A FUCKING LID
FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>7518067
this board is for children
>>
>>7518827
this might as well be the sticky
>>
>>7518048
Cheesecake. As a result, I now hate all cheesecake.
>>
>>7521414
Well maybe someone like her grandma will lead you to a nice little room where someone like that bitch will come bathe you and suck and fuck you. Maybe not a 8.5 like that bitch in op but usually a 6-8
>>
File: IMG_20141212_225113.jpg (58 KB, 821x700) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141212_225113.jpg
58 KB, 821x700
For some reason I always get complimented for my soups. Piss-easy to make, but apparently enough people suck hard enough at it to make mine stand out.
>mustard soup
>>
File: nakamura8mydog.jpg (13 KB, 264x242) Image search: [Google]
nakamura8mydog.jpg
13 KB, 264x242
>>7518048
>>
I make a really good Japanese curry from scratch. My Hawaiian curry is pretty great, too.
>>
>>7526162
hawaiian curry?
intrigued.
post recipe.
>>
>>7520025

its just a phase my man. when I was like 8 years old I started doing simple shit like potatoes, noodles, eggs etc and I always had to do them different,e very single day, use every single spice we had..

and from them on its been less and less and less and less. the less the better.
>>
>>7526300
Here you go!
>>
Rice fucking Puddin'
>>
>>7526352
>links 'hawaiian curry'
>it's a chicken korma
>generic 'curry' powder

okay
>>
>>7526352
>2 cups milk or non-dairy liquid
>milk or anything not milk
>add whatever you want, who gives a fuck
>>
I've only tried simple things like steamed buns and potato pancakes, but they've turned out fine. I'm planning to step my game up and trying serious Sichuan cooking.
>>
>>7526773

Not that anon (don't even know what "Hawaiian curry" is), but we get the occasional hurricane and whatnot, and rely heavily on whatever gets shipped in.

Also, aside from a handful of native dishes, it's basically mutt food; all sorts of people coming together and making due with what's available. Why do you think Hawaii is the biggest consumer of Spam?
>>
Sauce Bolognese
>>
>>7520121
Fuck off, cunt.
>>
>>7520867

Cool blog post, babe.
>>
>>7526062
Recipe?
>>
>>7520867
I do that. People like what I make surprisingly often. Sometimes though, it turns into disaster.

The biggest lessons I've learned. Horseradish just doesn't go with some things, and cinnamon and curry look deceptively similar.
>>
>>7526352
No spam? No pineapple?
I don't get it. Where's Hawaii
>>
>>7526825
>Why do you think Hawaii is the biggest consumer of Spam
Because excess potted meats after the war got shipped off to everyone's colonies and it became such a large part of their diet that it became ingrained in their culture. Every island and most of south east Asia is also in love with the stuff, let alone anyone who survived the blitz or occupation.
>>
>>7519945
>Digestive biscuit crust.

Kek'd
>>
>>7527534
I'll fucking tear your ass up, mother fucker. Digestives are delicious.
>>
Probably my tomato sauce
>>
>>7527526

>excess potted meats after the war

That's debatable.
>>
Decent salads, complete with dressings from scratch. Have a few varieties I can throw together from memory.
>>
>>7527549
Not really. Spam was given out as food aid all over Asia after WWII and they took to it. I mean, I guess you could find some way to debate that.
>>
>>7527564

I was talking more specifically about Hawaii.
>>
>>7527569
Same thing happened in Hawaii, in addition to soldiers trading with locals.
>>
>>7518064
hah.

>>7518069
shes not standing, shes sitting on the counter with her bare ass. she needs a spanking.

>>7519810
>>women crave attention!
its almost like we're people!
>>
>>7518048
>>7518048

I'll rub some salmon fillets with salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil on it. Sometimes I will add in some herb or marinade them for a couple hours. Then I'll wrap them in foil, and out them in the oven, 400F for maybe 17-20 minutes.

Then I will pan roast some potatoes. Olive oil is good but butter is a bit tastier. I'll usually add fresh rosemary or thyme, garlic, salt, pepper. And I'll also saute some green vegetables to go with it. It always comes out just fucking perfect. Fish is juicy, delicate and flavourful, potatoes/veggies are tasty and just incredible. It's a hearty meal, filling, and I just love it.
>>
>>7519699

Listen you fucking asshole. This is not a pie. This is called a pizza. Pizza and pie are two different things. Fuck you and you're stupid bullshit.
>>
>>7526756
I use Laxmi curry powder. Your own mix also works. If you can't find that, McCormick makes a premium line and their green curry spice mix goes well in it, but be prepared to use nearly the entire bottle in one go.

>>7526773
Milk or something like rice milk or soy milk works well. Don't be dumb.

>>7527506
Read the first sentence of the recipe.
>>
my specialty is barely cooking a steak while getting progressively drunker

then eating the steak and falling asleep for two hours
>>
>>7527622
i ate your mom's pizza last night
>>
>>7527621
>salmon fillets
>no lemon
>>
I like to make eclairs filled with a coffee creme pate and topped with caramel instead of chocolate.
>>
I love using Dutch ovens for all kinds of meat. Not like it's hard.

I love broiling steak to perfection.

I can make perfect eggs.
>>
Rice pan -its my fallback-recipy for when i have vegatables and some meat left over -fry the rice spice it right - fry(?) the meat in the same pan- if you have vegtables that are not looking to great throw them in here. put it back together and spice it again. Crack 2-3 eggs over it but dont stirr. 3-4 bucks -feeds 4 men
>>
i'm pretty good at egg dishes.

perfect boiled eggs.
perfect scrambled eggs.
perfect omelettes.

i can't fuck an egg up.
>>
>>7528131
there is no such thing as perfect, you should always find minor faults in anything and work to correct them. perfection is something that can never be achieved, honestly

having said that, I would still let you cook me breakfast
>>
GOTDAYMN MY NIGGA
>>
Anything.

I hate to toot but as a dude I can fucking cook anything. With the right ingredients I'll take it on.

No dish is too swish and we'll dance.
>>
>>7528156

Oh and, I'll drop you.

Who in the hell can't just ruin you in cooking or isn't competitive?

I hate fat-mouth fucks that just want to eat.
>>
>>7528200

You didn't contribute to the meal? I guess that grass you see is what you get to eat fatty.
>>
>>7527387
Chop up & cook a stick (?) of leek in some butter and a dash of olive oil, make sure to not brown it.
When soft stir in 2 spoonfuls of dijon mustard. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil & let it simmer for ~20 minutes.
Add salt & pepper to taste, blend it, turn the heat down, and stir in some cream. Next add some grated cheese, stir well until it's all melted. Finally mix in 2 spoonfuls of whole grain mustard, serve & garnish with some chopped chives.
>>
>>7519699
>>7521823
Do you guys use no-rise dough? I always want to bake my own pizzas but I always get discouraged about waiting hours on the dough
>>
>>7528847
There is no replacement for a good 24 hour ciabatta.
>>
>>7527617
>>women crave attention!
>its almost like we're people!

Real men don't give a shit about attention, faggot
>>
>>7518827
kek
>>7518064
lmoa
>>
>>7528899
>>no real Scotsman takes sugar in their tea
sounds like you repackage everything that doesn't fit your delusions. The kind of person who would unironically believe that group A is all evil, and a friend says they're from group A, so all of their actions are secretly evil despite the fact that you know otherwise.
>>
>>7518048
carnitas tacos with my fresh pico de gallo salsa
>>
>>7527679
oooooh baby
>>
Dont really cook for other people besides my parents. People say that my beef jerky is top notch. Also some cookies.
>>
File: _1865385_rest300pa.jpg (13 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
_1865385_rest300pa.jpg
13 KB, 300x180
>>7519726
Oil.
On.
Pour it.
>>
>>7527679

Please share recipe.
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.