[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
canned tuna. yay or nay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: tuna-can.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tuna-can.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
canned tuna. yay or nay?
>>
>>7517696
Nay. I've given up on every single brand. You'll get four or five decent cans from a particular brand then you'll get one that's just nasty sludge. The money I've wasted over time on those gray not-even-rotten-but-someone-still-putrid cans is better spent on real fish.
>>
Fuck yeah

Mercury poisoning is a meme
>>
I used to despise this shit by I've grown to love it. Great for a quick sandwich and pretty healthy. I made a quick tuna salad the other day with onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, raw onion and a little mayo. Definitely my favorite canned protein.
>>
>started eating a can of albacore white tuna a day
>kept it up for a week
>noticed that i felt off and my mood was overly aggressive
mercury poisoning, not even once.
>>
>>7517700
get the ones in the pouch
>>
>>7517696
Every week for almost five years, two days for lunch I have a can of this on rye bread with olive oil. Great.
>>7517700
Never had sludge in solid white cans.
>>
>>7517696
cans are very hit and miss

sometimes you get anus or "bits" that look like guts or shit

sometimes you get meat that isn't tuna
sometimes it tastes off
sometimes everything feels slimy
a lot of the time it's okay but like 1/6 is just horrible
>>
>>7517700
American? I've never found anything dodgy in hundreds of tuna cans of multiple brands.
>>
>>7517696
i eat about 6 cans every single day.
im super poor. i mix it with white rice and bagged vegetables. i feed myself for like 3 dollars a day
>>
>>7517775
I went to the store and it cost me 5 bucks for 3 cans. I wish it was that cheap.
>>
>>7517775
This. Its poorfag food that won't make you fat. I eat it during lunch breaks at work every single day at my factory job.

If I'm feeling fancy, I'll mix in chopped veggies and hot sauce, but usually I eat it plain, straight from the can.
>>
>>7517779
Eh, for good protein, that's pretty damn cheap. What's the alternative? A big Mac?
>>
If you're not eating <<chunk light in water>>, enjoy your mercury poisoning/atherosclerosis.

No reason to eat albacore if you value your CNS and don't eat fish packed in oil if you don't want heart disease.
>>
File: Swiss Tuna Melt.gif (519 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Swiss Tuna Melt.gif
519 KB, 1000x750
Yay!
>>
>>7517700
Bumble bee is definitely the worst when it comes to being sludgy
>>
>>7519589

If I had a dollar for every discrete pixel in this image, I would have 6 dollars
>>
>>7517775

>6 cans of tuna/day
>3 dollars/day

Nigger canned tuna on sale at my grocery store is never cheaper than 50 cents. Do you buy in bulk or are you just bullshitting?
>>
>>7519596

It's 2014 and I just learned how to make a 2 frame gif.

If you can tell me how to do it without losing all the image quality I'd be all ears.
>>
Tuna is for people that are picky eaters.

Canned salmon has skin and bones and it tastes 100 times better.
>>
File: scary-rabbit-31.jpg (39 KB, 449x362) Image search: [Google]
scary-rabbit-31.jpg
39 KB, 449x362
>>7519673
How am I supposed to eat a sandwich when I'm dodging bones?
>>
>>7517724
this. similar price, better quality. also they take up less space.
>>
>>7519596
I'm sorry to interject but the problem with his gif is not the resolution but the limited number of colors. The correct joke would be:
"If I had a dollar for every color in this image, I would have 6 dollars"
t. comedy engineer
>>7519663
make the resolution smaller and tell whatever program you use to use more colors and/or dithering
>>
File: [013862].jpg (436 KB, 1182x966) Image search: [Google]
[013862].jpg
436 KB, 1182x966
>>7519684
The bones have flavor
>>
>>7517775
>6 cans every single day
>>
>>7519691

>make the resolution smaller and tell whatever program you use to use more colors and/or dithering

Thanks. Will mess around with those next time.
>>
>>7517696
yan
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.