[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /easterleftovers/ tonight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Easter Leftovers.gif (696 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Easter Leftovers.gif
696 KB, 1000x750
Who else /easterleftovers/ tonight?
>>
What's a leftover?
>>
>>7516794
I'm digging that pumpernickel bread. Pumpernickel is best bread.

Yeah, I'm making a ham and potato bake from our leftovers tonight for dinner, and going to grill some asparagus to go with it, along with some leftover yeast rolls.
>>
>>7516825

It's pumpernickel with some horseradish to go along with the ham. I did two hams and at the end of the night one of them was entirely untouched, so it's going to be leftovers for days. Probably going to freeze half, make a bunch of quiche, most of which will still end up frozen for later, and make stock out of the bones.

Pretty much all the stuff other people brought was terrible versions of Midwest food.
>>
>>7516794
>headcheese
you mongrel
>>
>>7517191

>headcheese

I love headcheese, but that was some kind of English cheddar made with red wine that someone brought over and nobody cared enough to slice up last night. Wasn't anything to write home about, but was better than the grocery store prepared fruit salad sitting next to it.
>>
>>7517178
>pumpernickel
>horseradish
>ham

You had me at hello.....

Anyway, I'm just now about to eat the ham and potato bake, I might remember to take pics, perhaps.
I actually wanted to do either some smoked beef or grilled salmon halves for Easter, but everyone's consensus was ham...... I don't' mind ham, but it's not my favorite meat. However, it is nice when you want something that will keep and freeze well.
>>
>>7516794
Was this meant to scare the shit out of me?
>>
are easter dinners a thing like christmas and thanksgiving and shit?

didn't know this. all i'm aware of are egg hunts.
>>
>>7517663
Sure they are. Traditionally, they are supposed to symbolize rebirth and regrowth, which is one reason why asparagus is a prominent vegetable, and lamb is a popular meat. Most southerners use ham as the meat, though, just because it's plentiful and cheap compared to lamb. For example, I wanted to do a lamb roast for Easter, but it was $17.99 a pound (dressed) at the store, so I chose a spiral sliced honey ham instead. But we did have asparagus, as well as a spring greens salad, new potatoes, homemade herbed yeast rolls, and lemon pie for dessert.
>>
>>7516809

>things only non-fatties understand
>>
File: Easter Leftovers 2.gif (527 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Easter Leftovers 2.gif
527 KB, 1000x750
Double ham and horseradish (with beet horseradish on one side) on a roll with arugula for lunch.
>>
>>7519235
looks good, op.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.