[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the absolute best, most authentic, full blown autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: free-gucci.png (2 MB, 1413x1411) Image search: [Google]
free-gucci.png
2 MB, 1413x1411
What is the absolute best, most authentic, full blown autism recipe for tomato sauce?

inb4
>Marie's authentic recipe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU
>>
>>7516782
>>7516823
Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer......
>>
>>7516782
Probably a recipe from America's Test Kitchen or Cook magazine. Chris Kimball is legit autist.
>>
>>7516782
Tomatoes concase. (That means peel and de seed.)
Salt pepper, basil, oregano.
Cook down.
Tada
Maybe a pinch of cayanne
>>
>>7516823
I've never understood this woman and her seeming pride in absolutely nothing. The tragedy is that this is a delicious and traditional technique, she's just using the wrong ingredients and bad ingredients.
>>
File: freezy_pop.jpg (28 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
freezy_pop.jpg
28 KB, 480x269
>>7516835

NEVER. EVER. EEEEEEEEVVVVEEEREERRRRR PUT OREGANO WITHIN 10FT OF TOMATO SAUCE YOU DISGUSTING AMERIFAT!
>>
>>7516782

Now, to actually try and answer your question:

There is no one true tomato sauce recipe to rule them all because of regional variations within Italy itself, but the particular kind that I make reduces tomato sauce down to its essential elements.

The ONLY ingredients:

Olive oil
Cooking onions OR garlic, not both.
Tomatoes concasse (ideally San Marzano)
Fresh basil
Sea salt

1) Saute onion or garlic on medium-high heat in saucepan in olive oil until clear and fragrant.

2) Reduce heat to medium-low and add tomatoes.

3) Add a little salt (remember that evaporation will concentrate the flavor! Don't add too much yet!)

4) Add quite a bit of fresh basil (whole leaves or chopped, I prefer chopped)

5) Simmer and stir occasionally until it tastes like tomato sauce, usually ~30-45 minutes.

This sounds like it will be plain and flavorless, but it will not be. Most non-Italians severely undercook their tomato sauce, and/or use the wrong variety of tomatoes. They then try to mask this by adding in a bunch of shit that does not belong.

With tomato sauce, patience is a virtue.
>>
File: IMG_20160220_222338821.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160220_222338821.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
>>7516983
This seems pretty autistic, might be what I'm looking for.

What do you normally pick when it comes to the onion or garlic?

And I thought good sauces usually cook for much longer than that? Or am I wrong?
>>
>>7516953
Why not? Tastes good.
>>
File: muhkids.jpg (176 KB, 540x545) Image search: [Google]
muhkids.jpg
176 KB, 540x545
3/4 of ketchup
3/4 cup of butter
>>
>>7516782
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=waBDP2zG6Gc
>>
>>7516983
>>Cooking onions OR garlic, not both.
Why not? Most recipes I know both from real life and some from online use both as do I given that both provide great flavor, garlic especially.

Also your cooking time seems a bit on the low side, I leave mine to slow boil like 1:15 to 1:30 hours, splashing water as the need arises.
>>
Tomatoes
Olive Oil
Onions
Garlic
Cinnamon
Cloves
Bay Leaf
Salt
Black Pepper
>>
>>7516782

I don't fucking know. I just do olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, salt/pepper, little bit of chile, simmer it down, throw in some fresh basil when it reaches the consistency you want, and call it a day

It's fucking tomato sauce. Just do whatever.
>>
1 can Tomato Sauce, 15 oz.
¼ cup Water
1 tsp Sugar
¼ tsp Oregano
¼ tsp Basil
¼ tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Salt
⅛ tsp Black Pepper
1 Whole Bay Leaf
½ tsp Lemon Juice

Directions

In a large sauce pan, add tomato sauce, water, sugar, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, bay leaf, and lemon juice and mix.
Bring to a boil over medium/ high heat.
Lower heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.
>>
>>7516950
So you haven't noticed a single thing wrong apart from the ingredients? Not the way she chops? Not the way she uses a butter knife for it? How about when she pours like a cup of oil into the sauce and throws the garlic, onions and basil away?
>>
>>7516823

>ok she looks authentic
>"canned tomatoes"
>remove video

Have Americans ever heard of fresh ingredients?
>>
>>7516782
>1kg beef mince
>500g chicken mince
>500g veal mince
>bottle of passata
>rosemary
>basil
>onion
>butter
>olive oil
>sprinkle of nutmeg
>S+P
>>
>>7520386
Good canned tomatoes are better than bad fresh ones. Respected chefs often recommend importing canned tomatoes from Italy rather than buying shitty American ones.
>>
>>7517859
The sauce looks nice.
>>
>>7520992
no sweat, no sauce
>>
File: 3a0.gif (262 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
3a0.gif
262 KB, 250x250
>>7516782
Actual italian from italy here, tomato sauce is the easiest shit.

Ingredients:
>1 can of peeled tomato
>1 clove of garlic
>olive oil
>salt
>pepper
>sugar
>oregano
>fresh basil leaves

Preparation:
>oil in the pan with the garlic
>medium heat, infuse that oil with flavor
>when it starts to sizzle add the peeled tomatoes
>once it gets warm crush the tomatoes with a fork
>add salt, pepper, sugar, oregano to taste
>cook until it is about to reach the consistency you like, then add 3-4 basil leaves
>keep cooking it for another 2-3 minutes

Add this shit to a simple pasta such as spaghetti or penne. Add some sliced peperoncino to turn it into an "arrabbiata".

VOALÁ MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>7521243
frogio
>>
>>7516823
fuck you
>>
>>7521243
also italian this seem fine ignore american with onion and garlic powder and wierd spices..
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.