[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I eat healthy? I feel like everything I eat is soaking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1331172349361.jpg (52 KB, 490x440) Image search: [Google]
1331172349361.jpg
52 KB, 490x440
How do I eat healthy? I feel like everything I eat is soaking in grease or cheese, and everything I cook if it's not just a steak I pan fry is bland. Chicken+rice+veggies is the only "healthy" meal I think I know how to cook.
>>
your food will be less bland if you put salt on it

basically everything unhealthy you put on food to make it taste good

>cheese
>butter
>bacon

is salty, if you eliminate those things and just put actual salt on shit, it will taste a lot better

our culture has taught us salt is the enemy for some reason but it's just not true
>>
>>7513590
Learn to cook, idiot. Buy cookbooks and/or invest the time to learn about spices and herbs.
>>
Vinegar maybe?
>>
File: 1457230901911.jpg (10 KB, 144x145) Image search: [Google]
1457230901911.jpg
10 KB, 144x145
I don't worry about it. I figure I just need enough food to get me through the day and I'll be fine.
>>
>>7513598

you just listed 3 incredibly fatty foods

fat also enhances taste, not just salt. fat + salt is pretty much the ultimate combo, unless you've got a sweet tooth... then it's sugar + fat.

shout out to my boy MSG as well
>>
>>7513598
Salt is probably the worst food thing for your heart.
>>
Use lots of onions and garlic
>>
i recently moved out and i made this tonight

butter in a pan with a bit of olive oil
fried up some mushrooms and broccoli and added onions towards the end
seasoned with salt and black pepper and very lightly red pepper
ate it mixed with spaghetti which i very very lightly mixed with some ketchup

tasted good though i realize the ketchup makes it sound gross
>>
>>7513686
>>7513704

do you even read?
>>
>>7513735
what's makes them so special?
>>
>>7513773
They taste good.
>>
>>7513773
They make food taste good.
>>
>>7513590
Try cooking salmon, skin on. Dill, lemon, salt. Cook it medium.

Pork tenderloin - coat with dijon and rosemary. Bake until done

shrimp marinated in lime and chili, skewered and broiled.

veggies:
saute Brussels sprouts or asparagus in coconut oil, apple cider vinegar or lemon, red pepper flakes and salt.

slice zucchini, squash or eggplant lengthwise, sprinkle with cumin and salt. Broil

okra, bell peppers, onions and tomatoes, stewed with garlic.
>>
Just lift weights and stop using butter
>>
learn about the magical world of herbs and spices and the miracle powers of stock instead of water for sauces
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.