[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I miss pizza and flour tortillas so much.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: gluten-free.png (237 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
gluten-free.png
237 KB, 500x294
I miss pizza and flour tortillas so much.
>>
If you get over your fear of leaving the house there are most likely still places out there in the world that offer both of those things, assuming you have the money.
>>
>>7512190
You're not gluten intolerant, it's just a meme you crumplefuck
>>
Sorry about making this thread, it was just supposed to be a response to a single post but I was tired and messed up.

>>7512213
Can't eat them.

>>7512277
My husband has Celiac disease, diagnosed surgically. It's real.
>>
>>7512289
>>7512190
Just use gluten-free flours, what's the problem here?
>>
>>7512309
Gluten free pizza tastes nothing like real pizza. I miss being able to go to my local pizza place and order the pizza topped with baked ziti. You can't make flour tortillas out of gluten free flour.
>>
>>7512289
> your husband
Get those divorce papers ready
>>
>>7512324
I'm not going to divorce him over something like this, but considering cooking is my favorite hobby it's a little distressing for me. I have made a lot of gluten free versions of things I made before and most aren't nearly as good.
>>
>>7512319
>>7512325
How many gluten free flours have you tested? Name the ingredients for the best one.
>>
Marriage is built on compromise. If your husband is such a faggot that he won't let you get a slice of pie occasionally maybe you should ponder who is in control of your life.
>>
can't you just cook separately
>>
>>7512325
a life without good bread is not worth living. what i'm saying here is that you should poison him
>>
>>7512338
I have had:
rice flour
glutinous rice flour
brown rice flour
tapioca flour
potato flour
coconut flour
almond flour
garbanzo bean flour
pea flour
probably forgetting some others
and several flour blends. My favorite is Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour, but I also use some of Bette Hagman's mixes.

Ingredients: Sweet White Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Sweet White Sorghum Flour, Tapioca Flour, Xanthan Gum.

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour is what I usually use for savory breads, roux, curries, etc. It's no good for things like pancakes or cookies.

Ingredients: Garbanzo Bean Flour, Potato Starch, Tapioca Flour, Sweet White Sorghum Flour, Fava Bean Flour.

>>7512344
I can't keep gluten stuff in the house but I will sometimes order gluten-containing foods on the rare occasion I can get to a bakery. He no longer eats at restaurants because he doesn't trust them to understand what things contain gluten.

>>7512409
I don't want to contaminate his food with my food, and I make everything from scratch, so I'm in the kitchen between 3-4 hours a day. Making separate food for myself would take too long and be unfair to him.
>>
>>7512453
This is now bait. There's no way trace amounts of gluten would do anything. If touching a piece of bread kills you, youre supposed to die.
>>
>>7512507
kek, it's normal medical practice that celiac kitchens should never have gluten inside them. The dust and shit gets everywhere
>>
>>7512507
Any amount of gluten over 20 parts per million can cause a reaction. This won't kill him, but it causes a large range of symptoms, from gastrointestinal ones like the runs to things like extreme fatigue and muscle pain. Long term, you get issues like wasting and bone density loss.

>>7512519
It really does. His health also comes before my desire to have gluten-containing foods.
>>
>>7512190

>he fell for the gluten memes
>>
>>7512617
Like I said, my husband was diagnosed with Celiac disease after blood testing and an endoscopic biopsy. This is an actual illness.
>>
So? How is this food/cooking? This isn't your blog.
>>
subscribed
>>
>>7512325
That's bull shit. I couldn't do it. Fucking Christ. Don't let him cum inside, for God's sake.
>>
>>7512628
But what's stopping you from eating them?
>>
File: [Autism Intensifies].gif (3 MB, 440x272) Image search: [Google]
[Autism Intensifies].gif
3 MB, 440x272
>>7513419
Is gluten not a part of food now?
>>
>>7512325
HOW ABOUT YOU MAKE ONE FOR HIM AND ONE FOR YOU
>>
>>7514250
>hey guys I can't eat this food, sucks, uh?
Damn, who would have guessed this person I have never seen in my life couldn't eat this certain tipe of food
We are all shocked

Please tell us more about your life that is so interresting to us
>>
File: 1439894495959.png (71 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1439894495959.png
71 KB, 300x300
>>7512507
>There's no way trace amounts of gluten would do anything.
>>
>>7513608
>>7514323
It's pretty inconvenient and unsafe. My girlfriend has celiacs, and I've just given up gluten completely when we're together. Not worth the effort to separate the gluten Negros from the whites, you can't even kiss if you have traces in your mouth.

And honestly I just eat mostly meat and vegetable anyway, so it's not a huge loss.
>>
>>7512190
Time to out and find someone that can satisfy your appetites. Tell your husband he's going to have to deal with it. It's ok if you guys don't kiss while the taste of your forbidden lust lingers in your mouth. That sinful reminder that you have been naughty. It should maintain you while you fake pleasure from his endeavors, even if all you think about is the next time you can have a mouthful of that thing you love. Just imagining that thin sliver of white cheese dangling from your lips. He can probably deal...
>>
>>7512190
I feel for you, I have a diabetic spouse. You get your cheat meals, and love your husband. He is lucky to have you.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.